Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

meatpimp posted:

Damnit, I missed the drama.

How's your month ending up, goatse?

Our new BDC manager nixed two of our lead sources because they weren't generating many sales. Our lead volume is way down, but our closing rate has gone up since we aren't getting as many junk leads.

One of our BDC employees got let go because he wasn't interested in the job and it showed, so we're back to balancing the workload between two people. It's not awful but tomorrow I have a twelve hour workday, and trying to switch time around in January to get a vacation was a little stressful.

I've got 53 appointments set, 45 shown, and 18 cars sold. It's been a slow month here, but that is the nature of most things in the upper midwest. Who'd want to stand outside on a lot and look at cars when you could be indoors instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 206 days!)

Find me parts cars that aren't completely rusted out? I want to start a SAAB petting zoo. :3:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

West SAAB Story posted:

Find me parts cars that aren't completely rusted out? I want to start a SAAB petting zoo. :3:

Sorry boo, but up here in Lake Wobegon all of the cars more than ten years old rust into the ground. I thought of you this morning though when I got this customer email:

quote:

What kind of banks do you work with? I was approved with road loans for about 15k with an apr of 17 percent but they don't finance SAAB cars.

:sweden:

In other fun dealership news, the chain I work for recently broke ground on their new luxury showroom facility, and now they've announced on Facebook that they'll be adding a new brand. There's already a Bentley and Maserati store, so I'm curious to see what we get next.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Alfas.

:italy:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

That's probably it. Our luxury store did have an 8C Competizione for a while. I just figured that one of the local Fiat stores would pick up their fellow :italy: brand.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
if they already have a Maserati then wouldn't alfas go into the same showroom? Seems odd to be building a new showroom for one car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Throatwarbler posted:

if they already have a Maserati then wouldn't alfas go into the same showroom? Seems odd to be building a new showroom for one car.

Like when Fiat launched the 500 in the US? Huge showrooms all over the country for one model.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

They're building a new showroom for all three premium brands, as our Bentley and Maserati dealership currently share a facility with Mazda. Our Mazda store could probably use the whole space.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Like when Fiat launched the 500 in the US? Huge showrooms all over the country for one model.

That sounds so bizarre to me. They just piggybacked 'em into Dodge dealers around here. Canadian population density and all that.
I suppose next you'll tell me your Lexus/Toyota/Scion dealerships are all in separate buildings.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Tommychu posted:

That sounds so bizarre to me. They just piggybacked 'em into Dodge dealers around here. Canadian population density and all that.
I suppose next you'll tell me your Lexus/Toyota/Scion dealerships are all in separate buildings.

Lexus is usually separate, to keep out the poors.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

goatse guy posted:

Lexus is usually separate, to keep out the poors.

Yeah I was kinda half-joking. Our Lexus dealers are free-standing now but they only separated the two fairly recently. Legitimately curious if standalone Scion dealers are A Thing somewhere though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tommychu posted:

NE Indiana, the Fiat building is stand alone but on the same property as a Dodge/Jeep dealer.

And uh, locally Bob Rohrman is the main Toyota guy and his dealership spans a few acres and each brand has it's own building in addition to his KIA dealership. The other Toyota dealer used to have multiple buildings but they rebuilt it into one giant all in one.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Acura has never been sold here, but they are available as the equivalent Honda. Infiniti has never been sold here. (Neither has Scion, but I'm talking about upscale brands here.)

Lexus has been sold in Sweden since 1989, and the current market share is 0.29%. Compared to Mercedes at 3.86% and BMW at 5.99%, I don't really know why they even bother. (Best selling brand is Volvo at 19.87% for comparison.)

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 206 days!)

So you won't finance me? :sigh:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Tommychu posted:

Yeah I was kinda half-joking. Our Lexus dealers are free-standing now but they only separated the two fairly recently. Legitimately curious if standalone Scion dealers are A Thing somewhere though.

They are. I see them all over New England.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tommychu posted:

In Memphis, they leased a spot in the local mall and put the cars in the far reaches of the parking lot. Shuttled folks via golf cart. They've since moved to the local auto strip.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
So my go-to Ford dealership has turned into a bit of a mess since new ownership took over.

I bought a Ford Fusion Titanium on Dec. 22nd. I was told to come back that next Saturday for inspection. They also couldn't locate the spare key or the navigation card for the system since apparently people steal them so they ordered them expedited.

So I went back that Saturday - they still didn't have my registration so I couldn't have an inspection done and no nav card or spare key. No HUGE deal on the second two but still annoying. So they told me to come back the following Saturday (today).

I went back in today and they didn't have the nav card yet (expedited?) but did have my registration. So they did a software update for the car and brought it to a service station nearby (their system was down) where it failed since some of the emission system wasn't reading as ready - I guess due to them removing a battery terminal in the shop? Whatever, it's annoying to have a rejected sticker on my new car.

So then worst, the service writer brings me out to my car and said "Look, our tech had a little issue with a curb..." - and I see a shiny new 19" wheel with a giant gouge across it. They're ordering me a new wheel (hopefully quicker than the nav card!). So now I have to go back and sit at the service department for a third time to get the wheel replaced, hopefully a valid inspection sticker and MAYBE a nav card this time.

None of these things are catastrophic on their own - mere annoyances. Service and sales are trying to help me out and take care of the problems as they come up, but every single one of these things was avoidable.

I really hate to complain to "higher ups" about things, but should I bring all of this up to the general manager/dealership corporate? I'm really not looking for compensation or something for nothing. I just wanted to buy the car and enjoy it, but it seems I'm having to go to the dealership for one reason or another every Saturday, wasting both fuel and time each visit. I just didn't know if I was being a dick by just sending a note along mentioning the issues I've had since buying the car. I'm sure there are people out there that would have screamed far louder than I have.

Git Mah Belt Son fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 4, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Do you feel dissatisfied enough to complain?

I found out what brand we're adding. It's a secret worth keeping.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

goatse guy posted:

Well Fee-ree-ree to you.

:colbert:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

I really hate to complain to "higher ups" about things, but should I bring all of this up to the general manager/dealership corporate? I'm really not looking for compensation or something for nothing. I just wanted to buy the car and enjoy it, but it seems I'm having to go to the dealership for one reason or another every Saturday, wasting both fuel and time each visit. I just didn't know if I was being a dick by just sending a note along mentioning the issues I've had since buying the car. I'm sure there are people out there that would have screamed far louder than I have.

Do it, but politely. Sometimes these things are systemic, and because nobody says anything, nothing gets done. There's no reason why you buying a car should be that much of a pain (minor that it is). Just write it as a "hey, though you should know that although my experience wasn't terrible, it wasn't ideal." You'll likely just get a thanks and an apology, but it never hurts to voice your concerns.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

goatse guy posted:

Does it rhyme with Falfa Bromeo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

The Fiat dealer here already put the AR sign up and it's loving glorious.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

goatse guy posted:

Saab?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Absolutely complain, but politely as above. Honestly these delays are unacceptable for common items from a main dealer, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get either.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Before you drive out there again, can you call and verify that they actually have the part? Hopefully that would save you some trouble.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

The Fiat dealership here is getting Alfa Romeo.

From our luxury dealer's Facebook page: "Here’s our two final clues for tomorrow’s new brand announcement. This brand made its debut on the silver screen 50 years ago in one of the most successful movie franchises ever. In each appearance the protagonist’s car is modified specifically for his needs. We’ll see the latest edition when it appears on screen later this fall."

The other clue is a picture of the Union Jack.

So yeah, that's it. It would be really cool if we got a Ferrari franchise because the closest one is Chicago, but I'll settle for some British eye candy.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Is it a jjjjjaaaaggggg?

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Is it a jjjjjaaaaggggg?

Nope,

Aston Martin

Jag is for villains.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Shin-chan posted:

Nope,

Aston Martin

Jag is for villains.

Winner winner chicken dinner

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
poo poo. I don't know why I was thinking jag with protagonist.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Has to be Mini, right?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Rover coming to the states?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Lotus?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
E: never mind, I'm just slow on the uptake :downs:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You probably need to have a gold finger to afford the depreciation.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I think the rover company is dead/dormant.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Whatever man, YOLT
(oh wait that one had a Toyota)

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

The depreciation is insane. We've had a 2005 sitting in our inventory for ages and it's priced to go at $55k.

There's a Rover dealership down the street, and the same company also owns the Lotus dealership nearby.

The only dealerships we're missing now in the Twin Cities are Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Koenigsegg, and maybe a few of the other hypercars. I'm not sure there's enough demand to support the latter, but Ferraris and Lambos aren't an unusual sight here in the warmer months.

I made some goals for 2015. Some of them are easy and a few are a little more lofty.

* Finish phone training.
* Help sell 100 cars in a month.
* Sell 1000 cars this year.
* Survive my college marketing classes starting in March.
* Train some newbies to become BDC superstars.
* Attain a 20% monthly closing rate on my leads.
* Learn the ins and outs of the sales process so I can go through the whole procedure when the store is short-staffed.
* Get a raise.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I saw a guy out test driving a JEEP yesterday. Had that obnoxious price marker across half the windscreen. $48,000.

Is that seriously what those cost these days? It absolutely baffles my mind that anyone would spend that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Don't be a machine
Don't be depressed
Get some good sleep/rest
Don't die

They're mine, not making a call on your situation, but for you I'd add laugh at the idiots, internal and external.

• Locked thread