Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Here's some Plante's for ya

A new year happened

I don't know why Plante draws Obama with a clown nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Who would return that lamp. It's Italian.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The evil Ravens beat god's chosen team, the Pittsburgh Steelers so expect some epic :qq: from Bish

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Right, while I'm here I might as well post some other Fairfax Media cartoons. These are from The Age, which is a Melbourne-based paper.

They hold the honour of employing a cartoonist who must be blind and have two left feet in place of hands, Bruce Petty:

Wow, now that's what I call art. They really stand on their own, no explanation needed.

The Age is a big paper, so it does have other, not-as-lovely-at-drawing cartoonists. It also has a cartoonist who has terrible opinions. But for now, bask in the glory of Petty's high-effort work.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

is that supposed to be gul dukat?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

MissEchelon posted:

Right, while I'm here I might as well post some other Fairfax Media cartoons. These are from The Age, which is a Melbourne-based paper.

They hold the honour of employing a cartoonist who must be blind and have two left feet in place of hands, Bruce Petty:

Wow, now that's what I call art. They really stand on their own, no explanation needed.

The Age is a big paper, so it does have other, not-as-lovely-at-drawing cartoonists. It also has a cartoonist who has terrible opinions. But for now, bask in the glory of Petty's high-effort work.

...wow :stare:

I can barely read this. The "art" is too scribbly as poo poo for me to comprehend what's going on in these.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MissEchelon posted:

Jesus christ. I find it hard to believe this is published in an actual newspaper and not on some misbegotten corner of the internet alongside The World Today Just Nuts.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Let's do more Virginia Toons! This time from the Tidewater, or the Hampton Roads area if you want to use that inferior nickname :colbert:

I actually tried posting Walt Taylor, political cartoonist for the Virginian Pilot, on here a few times in early 2014, but his archives are terribly handled. His "archive" on the Pilot's site is an old Flickr site that hasn't updated in about two years now, and after I started posting his recent stuff from the Pilot Online...they just stopped posting it a little under a year ago. I tried just taking pictures of the literal newspaper, but I ended my subscription and it was fairly annoying.

However, Taylor has apparently starting uploading toons to his Facebook page, so we'll see how long this lasts.

I see we're off to good a start. There's no hidden message here: it's poo poo.

Unless the president does it, of course :smug:

Taylor didn't do a ton of cartoons in Dec, but it seems like the CIA report really hit a nerve.

His Facebook profile picture. He draws a lot of weird poo poo sometimes.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Rorus Raz posted:

I didn't realize McDonalds acquired KFC.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Teddybear posted:

I didn't realize McDonalds acquired KFC.
Imagine. The perfect specimen.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I'll bring you Four Harrys and a Wang.

Harry draws KJU sans skull throne

Harry draws KJU with festive skull throne a few weeks ago

Harry draws fat guy/skinny guy/crow not at a table for the first time. And also the first time I've seen him draw a train scene.

A third fat cat appears

And Wang makes fun of Abe again.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

achillesforever6 posted:

The evil Ravens beat god's chosen team, the Pittsburgh Steelers so expect some epic :qq: from Bish

Speaking of football toons and Pittsburgh, it's a big testament to Rob Rogers' talent that he as a guy whose not very much into sports can get me (a guy who also isn't very into sports) to read his football cartoons.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Reading Hope n'Change will turn you into a soulless husk. AGC.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rorus Raz posted:

However, Taylor has apparently starting uploading toons to his Facebook page, so we'll see how long this lasts.

I see we're off to good a start. There's no hidden message here: it's poo poo.

It's a bit better than that. He's saying that bird poo poo all over City Hall makes a change from bullshit. Maybe not the acme of wit, but the joke wasn't hammered home.

Meanwhile...

quote:

Richard Attenborough developed a few strange quirks in later life.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Richard Thompson has a comic explaining the origins of Michael Ramirez's obsession:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Samuel Clemens posted:

Reading Hope n'Change will turn you into a soulless husk. AGC.

Is 2014 about to decapitate himself with his scythe? :unsmigghh:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Canada is overseas, eh?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Is there a compilation of Ramirez's "large object labeled DEBT" cartoons anywhere? I'm wondering how many there have been over the years, and if there was a conspicuous drought during the Bush administration.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:3:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nativity In Black posted:

I don't know why Plante draws Obama with a clown nose.

To veto those clowns in congress, he had to become like them.

What a bunch of clowns.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fried Chicken posted:

took me a second and then I burst out laughing.

Does he really think that Fox hasn't been covering this? And MSNBC was one of the ones who broke the story.

He means the three broadcast networks. ABC, NBC, and CBS.

Like Tinsley has cable.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tinsley, please tell the class what the "Stupid America Voter" Plan actually is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Doesn't Tinsley beat a "LOW-INFORMATION VOTER" drum right before every election trying to get people not to vote because they're too stupid?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

loquacius posted:

Doesn't Tinsley beat a "LOW-INFORMATION VOTER" drum right before every election trying to get people not to vote because they're too stupid?

Pretty much. Don't get me wrong leftist cartoonists do it all the time too but Tinsley takes it to a whole new way more spiteful level.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Pretty much. Don't get me wrong leftist cartoonists do it all the time too but Tinsley takes it to a whole new way more spiteful level.

All I'm saying is that it's pretty goddamn hypocritical of him to cry "coverup" because Gruber's soundbite didn't get Obama impeached or whatever, when he himself has literally published strips which flat-out say "YOU, THE PERSON READING THIS, DO NOT VOTE BECAUSE YOU ARE A DUMB"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Why does Obama disrespect the voting populace so?

e: Wow, that first one is as AGC as it gets.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Only educated and engaged voters should be allowed. This arbitrary rule will be decided by completely fair people with no political agenda whatsoever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Speaking of football toons and Pittsburgh, it's a big testament to Rob Rogers' talent that he as a guy whose not very much into sports can get me (a guy who also isn't very into sports) to read his football cartoons.
He's not really a sports guy and that's saying something for a guy born in Philly, went to Oklahoma University, and draws for a Pittsburgh newspaper. Rogers is really good at presenting the local culture here in Pittsburgh.

Here's some Bish (who actually has a lot of stuff, but since I don't read that rag the Trib I don't really post them)

Holy poo poo he didn't draw the teenager as a black kid :stare:

I actually just got out of church and that travesty of a football game did not come up

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nolanar posted:

Is there a compilation of Ramirez's "large object labeled DEBT" cartoons anywhere? I'm wondering how many there have been over the years, and if there was a conspicuous drought during the Bush administration.

I expect there was a conspicuous drought of anything resembling criticism during the Bush administration.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

achillesforever6 posted:

I actually just got out of church and that travesty of a football game did not come up

Whereas down here it's that magical time when we get reprieve from rabid Redskins defense* as people pretend they've been Ravens fans the whole time.

*"I don't see how its racist. No, really, no idea what you're talking about." :shepicide:

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Do yall think we could actually enforce the don't touch the poop rule for Muir? Seeing his comics is bad enough, but I can't be the only one who doesn't give the slightest poo poo who comments what on his site.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jedit posted:

I expect there was a conspicuous drought of anything resembling criticism during the Bush administration.

Oh, there was.

For Bush's critics.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

D.N. Nation posted:

Oh, there was.

For Bush's critics.
I'm trying to mentally put myself back in 2006 to figure out why this would make sense, but I'm failing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm trying to mentally put myself back in 2006 to figure out why this would make sense, but I'm failing.

IIRC, there was big chatter on wingnut war blogs in summer '06 that a message Ahmadinejad sent to the US was seeeeecret code for "we have nukes," so I'm guessing this is the usual ANY DAY NOW stuff.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Hmm didn't something else happen in 2014, like an election or something? No? Alright then :obama: :obama: :obama:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is that guy just litereally in love with Obama? Not even the right wingers are chearleading this enormously.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Koalabert Report :allears:

shine on you insane freak you

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It's almost like he's a Democratic activist posting comics on a website dedicated to "electing more and better Democrats."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah Animal Nuz is basically the biggest Democratic cheerleader possible. However he seems to put all his effort into wracking his brain for animal-based puns on people's names and I'm fine with that because I like puns.

• Locked thread