Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

hubris.height posted:

yeah just pour the poo poo into my eye holes

i too enjoy games that look like i'm reading arf jason posts

i copied your post history and slapped it on notepad, then renamed it post.exe which after clicking launched into all the cinematics of the gay romance paths in mass effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
what im trying to say is that maybe you're probably about as gay as the ballad of gay tony, with not even enough full frontal nudity to warrant me getting horny

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ArfJason posted:

i copied your post history and slapped it on notepad, then renamed it post.exe which after clicking launched into all the cinematics of the gay romance paths in mass effect

There are remarkably few gay romances in Mass Effect.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Alain Post posted:

There are remarkably few gay romances in Mass Effect.

as a young hormoned up negrito with homoerotic tendencies; that's disappointing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ArfJason posted:

as a young hormoned up negrito with homoerotic tendencies; that's disappointing.

The gay guy in ME3 is especially dissapointing, as he is a generic crewmember model, rather than one of the specifically-designed crewmate models. Also he is a boring poo poo.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually if you're a man playing the game, and you romance the men in the game , youre queer

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ArfJason posted:

5'd and subscribed op

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
if caring about artistic style in games means ive gotta suck a few dicks then i guess id better learn to suppress my gag reflex

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Problem Sleuth posted:

if caring about artistic style in games means ive gotta suck a few dicks then i guess id better learn to suppress my gag reflex

Ceci n'est pas une Piplup. Sometimes a game is just "press A to jump, press B to have fun." Games don't have to be novel or groundbreaking to be enjoyable.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sleeveless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eN7cZ-gy4Y&t=205s

A guy released a 4GB map pack for the original Tomb Raider and made FMVs of himself talking to Lara about the game, it's amazing.

what the hell?

what the heck to that cici n'est pas une piplup poo poo too

frank.club fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 4, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's the title of the pokemon thread, because the X and Y games were parodies of France.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alain Post posted:

The gay guy in ME3 is especially dissapointing, as he is a generic crewmember model, rather than one of the specifically-designed crewmate models. Also he is a boring poo poo.

Kaidan just poured out his "I have feelings for you" speech on the Citadel in ME3, which was almost as awkward for me as Randy Stein's "I have feelings for you" speech at the Mesa Cineplex in 2002.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i think tomb raider just feels like an overall better game & story than uncharted (3) felt but im missing the uncharted puzzles

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's a fun game. The controls take a bit of getting used to, though. Maybe it's different on other platforms, I own the Saturn version.

this one was also good

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Problem Sleuth posted:

mass effect: height of artistic style

maybe autistic lol, but artistic? no, sorry

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dravinski posted:

I had quite a few graphical artifacts throughout the game and it really put me off. I should maybe try and play it again sometime, the game seemed really beautiful other than that.

I had a glitch where Laras face was all hosed up, like the SSAO was all wrong and she was wearing blackface but it's a cool game and you should finish it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Great things about Tomb Raider:

1. Really good graphics.
2. Story is interesting and well-paced.
3. Cool action sequences that start out like Michael Mann and end up like John Woo.
4. Collectibles are totally skippable and don't make you feel bad about missing them.
5. Bow is the best weapon in the game, as it should be.
6. Only 20 hours long.

All games should be more like Tomb Raider.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
When Lara gets the grenade launcher and starts screaming that they're all gonna die and she's coming for them I had a tingly feeling in my undercarriage.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tomb Raider is the story of how one ambitious yet inexperienced archaeologist becomes death incarnate upon picking up a rather ordinary-looking compound bow.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Man Killer is Dead is a lot of fun. Beating around monsters, a story that's completely incomprehensible and watching boobs. :smugmrgw:

You're on the Moon! There's no oxygen, but you're fine! A nearly naked guy fights you with 2 swords! Unicorns!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That was a genuinely cool segment since she gets punished all through the game and that's the first real time she acknowledges that she's tired of it. The actual gameplay point that happens is when she gets the shotgun, though. That thing is a literal boomstick

E: Wolfenstein the new order is pretty cool too. Only reason to stop using dual assault rifles is to use the MG45

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 4, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Why are you not playing Drift Stage?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

exquisite tea posted:

Tomb Raider is the story of how one ambitious yet inexperienced archaeologist becomes death incarnate upon picking up a rather ordinary-looking compound bow.

The compound bow is the deadliest weapon on earth

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Up to the Elves posted:

i think tomb raider just feels like an overall better game & story than uncharted (3) felt but im missing the uncharted puzzles

Tomb Raider is like 100x as good as UC3 and I say that as a UC3 apologist.

Game is dope as gently caress and it's hilarious the sheer number of people Laura just brutally murders.

Little bit weird that the whole game has this Sucker Punch vibe with the Wise Older Dudes always mentoring you but on the other hand she's not wearing a schoolgirl outfit

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The next Mass Effect game absolutely needs a space bow.

There's one class in MP who has something like that but he sucks. I want spacebows.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

There's one class in MP who has something like that but he sucks. I want spacebows.

Did you seriously just poo poo-talk the Talon Merc? I can only assume you never used him much because he is loving insane, don't even need a drat gun to roll.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Warframe has one

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

precision posted:

Did you seriously just poo poo-talk the Talon Merc? I can only assume you never used him much because he is loving insane, don't even need a drat gun to roll.

Did they fix the thing where his omnibow would literally never connect if you were off-host??

Warframe I played for like one hour. Saw a cool looking hero I wanted to craft, thought "I would have to do this poo poo for 10 hours before even assembling all these pieces" and gave up.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 4, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Did they fix the thing where his omnibow would literally never connect if you were off-host??

On PS3 at least, they totally did. He went from being a cruel joke to being death incarnate. Spec right and he can do poo poo like kill a Plat Banshee with a few bow shots alone, and let's not even talk about Cain Trip Mine abuse and how hilariously OP it is.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I liked Tomb Raider 03 a lot, but there for a second at the beginning I thought it was going to go all snake-eater on me. I had a vision: Laura, covered in mud, hunting for food to survive and picking people off First Blood / Rambo 2 style with my bow. Then it turned into an uncharted clone. This slightly dissapointed me. I still liked it a lot. I used only the bow for almost all of it, which made it a lot more fun. The upgrade system could have been better but was neat overall.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We've hit 15 pages and I am going to convene the council of people who shall decide the fate of this thread. I invoke the ritual to summon the following people:

Zen Death Robot

ArfJason: voted "i'm gonna end your pathetic piece of poo poo life with spring loaded diesel powered dick thrusts. When you finally succumb to excessive cervical punctures, i will enter blade mode and dissassemble your weak retard body, then go slap chop on the tip of my penis until there's nothing but several fleshy strands like the face of cthulhu. I will promptly deploy my palette of vile substances, dip my dickbrush on Fecal Brown and Purulent Green and paint a picture of severe faggotry, where your face is a magic eye picture pattern. gently caress you cum waste retarded rear end in a top hat bitch who wish could be a loving videogame space slut."

FactsAreUseless: voted gas and a fun name for the next thread

Ullerrm: voted to leave it open or gas it and make a new one. Made good notes regarding Stux posts and requests to have this thread gassed.

Endorph

Kewpuh: Doesn't gas threads

Cowcaster
WORST FORUMS GUY

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 5, 2015

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i hope they choose gas. games is not ready to enjoy games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gas, and title the next one "Valve Announces Half-Life 2: Episode 3."

Edit: Or "Supergiant Games Files For Bankruptcy"

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Why gas? Other than a couple of lovely people who should probably just be ignored this thread has been fine

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gas, and title the next one "Valve Announces Half-Life 2: Episode 3."

Edit: Or "Supergiant Games Files For Bankruptcy"

I like the cut of your jib

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Why gas? Other than a couple of lovely people who should probably just be ignored this thread has been fine
Chat threads are better if they're short and frequent than long and endless.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adam Bowen posted:

It looks like FactsAreUseless wants to gas this one and make a new one since it's hit 15 pages instead of just gassing it forever. They can correct me if I'm wrong.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Page length doesn't matter. Once monthly or w/e is fine. It just needs to not be up forever.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Page length doesn't matter. Once monthly or w/e is fine. It just needs to not be up forever.

Post describing how 16 is the perfect number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Post describing how 16 is the perfect number
I don't think we should have an age of consent argument in Games, thanks.

• Locked thread