Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I recommend you check out his pastebin account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

I recommend you check out his pastebin account.

What pastebin account?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hey Sam,

So a lot of things have happened this week. I swear to you that I never had the intention of doing any of these things. I'm not going to speak for the other guys. I will just say that I, out of everyone, committed the most of what happened...I'm sure you know. I will be honest and admit that I like Tolki a lot. I always thought she was awesome, and seeing her at sgdq just solidified it more. I also was just high on sgdq hype, and was pretty drunk when the cheating first happened, but those aren't good excuses at all. The fact of the matter is that I gave into temptations. I am a good person with good values and have respect for people who deserve it, and in this particular instance I completely removed myself from that persona out of selfish desires. It doesn't matter how much I like her or was tempted to do anything. She is your wife, and out of respect for someone who was one of my best friends, I should obviously have not done what I did. Speaking of her being your wife, I just want to say that I strongly advise you to not take her for granted. She is something special, always remember that.

Let me just say that this was the worst thing I have done to someone in my life; the lowest I have ever been. I blatantly betrayed you for no good reason. After all of the talks we had, all of the advice we exchanged, and all the fun we've had together as friends, I went ahead and ruined everything.

I'm not expecting a response to this. I'm assuming you want nothing to do with me anymore, which is understandable. But I just wanted to apologize to you as best as I could. Just know that I still consider you my friend, even though you don't consider me yours. If you are willing to talk, I am always open to.

I am so unbelievably sorry. This is going to stay with me for the rest of my life.

Good luck with everything in the future, and I hope things work out for you in life.

All the best,
Stiv

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Speaking of her being your wife, I just want to say that I strongly advise you to not take her for granted. She is something special, always remember that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the speedrunning hype made me gently caress another man's wife

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Alteisen posted:

Yea this race is going to be insane, its all the best goldeneye players.

Except for Ace, Clemens, and Marc, the current 3 best Goldeneye players. Still should be a really great race.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

argondamn posted:

Last year a nerdy newly married couple went to AGDQ and she cheated on him with a bunch of people including Stiv, the current runner.

Holy gently caress lmao

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Endorph posted:

the speedrunning hype made me gently caress another man's wife

And then apologize to him the only way I know how, through an online text file dump site.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Holy gently caress lmao

Wasn't that same couple that did that Pokemon marathon instead of going on a honeymoon?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Awesome girls done quick

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lord Chumley posted:

Wasn't that same couple that did that Pokemon marathon instead of going on a honeymoon?

Yes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's all about finishing fast.

Also this guy on the right of the couch is kind of annoying.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lol that is easily the douchiest part of that entire thing. I've never really given a poo poo about the actual 'scandal' since they're all adults and made their own decisions, whatever, but lmfao he banged with a dude's wife then took to a public forum to smugly lecture him on what a great a catch she is. What an rear end in a top hat :lol:

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Is that the same thing as the 24/7/30 honeymoon marathon where they always streamed and barely saw each other, or is the Pokemon marathon something different?

I get my insane streamer couples mixed up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They did it when the new Pokemon came out and then when Mario Kart 8 came out.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

BloodWulfe posted:

Is that the same thing as the 24/7/30 honeymoon marathon where they always streamed and barely saw each other, or is the Pokemon marathon something different?

One and the same!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol that is easily the douchiest part of that entire thing. I've never really given a poo poo about the actual 'scandal' since they're all adults and made their own decisions, whatever, but lmfao he banged with a dude's wife then took to a public forum to smugly lecture him on what a great a catch she is. What an rear end in a top hat :lol:

lol yea

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

BloodWulfe posted:

They got married and immediately began a 24/7 pokemon game run in shifts, I believe the day of or after the wedding.

Then a few months later she had sex with at least one guy and possibly several at a gaming convention. Can't imagine why. Are either of them at AGDQ?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

and also talked about how great a guy he is

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
sounds like this other guy got massively owned lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voted Worst Mom posted:

sounds like this other guy got massively owned lmao

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
They are/were Mormons, which should make the events that followed surprisingly to exactly nobody. The divorce rate among Mormon couples who don't hardcore live the lifestyle has to be one of the highest in the US, they basically get arranged marriages before they ever leave the community they grew up in and then culture shock annihilates their marriage.

What I'm saying is that AGDQ 2016 should have a Mormon marriage speedrun, it could probably be over before the marathon is.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Incidentally, I mentioned to a friend I would be watching AGDQ and he asked me if that was "that streaming event where that one guy banged another guy's wife". He keeps up with the drama, at least.

Personally I would be willing to just let it go and watch some games being played.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
These donation messages just keep getting more depressing. That last one especially - the whole room went silent.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

They got married and immediately began a 24/7 pokemon game run in shifts, I believe the day of or after the wedding.

Then a few months later she had sex with at least one guy and possibly several at a gaming convention. Can't imagine why. Are either of them at AGDQ?

Truly the most healthy way to start out a marriage.

"Welp, my shift is up, your turn at Pokemon. Night hon, I'll set the alarm for my shift and make the bed for you."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rW7LSUQ80

donation "from SamSVG"

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

beep by grandpa posted:

also the dude drove back home and left her at the event stranded. honestly i feel worse for her, the guy seems like a douchebag who doesn't understand other human beings.

argondamn posted:

Last year a nerdy newly married couple went to AGDQ and she cheated on him with a bunch of people including Stiv, the current runner.

naw, it wasn't a bunch of people. the other pastebin about this where she hosed like 6 guys was pretty definitively shown to be false.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Azazell0 posted:

Incidentally, I mentioned to a friend I would be watching AGDQ and he asked me if that was "that streaming event where that one guy banged another guy's wife". He keeps up with the drama, at least.

Personally I would be willing to just let it go and watch some games being played.
The important question is will Caveman guy beat the poo poo out of very awkward jumping jack man. I've never been into this whole scene but I'll keep it on for background noise when I'm doing something else.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Cubey posted:

also the dude drove back home and left her at the event stranded. honestly i feel worse for her, the guy seems like a douchebag who doesn't understand other human beings.

Holy poo poo is this true?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

yep he drove home with his wife there in a different room getting drunk with a bunch of virgins ready to get their gently caress on

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pengu! posted:

These donation messages just keep getting more depressing. That last one especially - the whole room went silent.

It turns out cancer is a horribly disfiguring, torturous ordeal which overwhelmingly defines years and years of peoples' lives if they aren't outright killed by it!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Everything is true if you believe in the power of speed running.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dizz posted:

yes. he was offended because she was *gasp* DRINKING ALCOHOL, so he drove back home to salt lake city and left her stranded in colorado.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cubey posted:

lol if you wouldn't do the same thing if someone cheated on you.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Getting off the marriage speedrun (lovely person%), those hats they're offering as a donation prize look god awful. I'd donate $5 to not be entered into a drawing to win one of them.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

The important question is will Caveman guy beat the poo poo out of very awkward jumping jack man. I've never been into this whole scene but I'll keep it on for background noise when I'm doing something else.

I never watch speedruns other than these events, not in the "scene" either. But I like checking out clever ways to find out new stuff I didn't know about from games I like. Last year's Super Metroid run was insane in that regard. Not into drama and general awkwardness that much, but it seems to be somewhat fueling these events.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also they are mormon lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank gently caress this run is almost over so we can have some awesome runs

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol if you wouldn't do the same thing if someone cheated on you.

he did this before the cheating happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oh so she was looking for a ride.

• Locked thread