Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Iron Shrapnel is a must-have for Rhino, not because it's really useful (it is, refresh your armor and deal damage), but because you instantly ragdoll just about any basic enemy in its effect radius. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Sweet, that's what I picked for my final Steel Meridian tier reward and my Rhino Prime finishes tomorrow!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
My approach to Rhino is a bit different partially due to the fact I'm like a day or two out from getting Iron Shrapnel. It's just all the health and shield, armor and then max power strength, gently caress everything else. This makes me pretty much an ultra durable gun delivery system but I got other frames for being fancy and using powers

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

My rhino prime finishes tomorrow! :toot:

What mods are important to it?

Power strength, power strength, power strength. All of Rhino's abilities benefit from power strength, especially his best two: Iron Skin and Roar. Duration is nice as a quality of life when Roaring over and over. Stomp's stun is a constant, and is not effected by duration. Hilariously, rhino charge IS based on duration, and higher duration will let you get across a room faster than anyone save a Nova. Range only increases the range of Rhino's stomp and roar's ally buff, a maxed stretch, even with maxed narrow minded is plenty for a level 30 rhino. Making your stomp too large is dangerous, as you can't use it again while an enemy is in it's effect. Efficiency is always good, but Rhino can get away with less than most, since you shouldn't be pressing buttons too frequently.

http://goo.gl/vAZh3C Is the Rhino build I used for the longest time. You can roar endlessly, and stomp still works as a panic/don't-die-while-reviving-someone button. I just added another v polarity in preparation for when I get my primed continuity ranked up, and I've been toying with the idea of replacing blind rage with transient fortitude when I do so.

P.S. Rhino can get away with a lot less health than other frames, since iron skin protects from damage that ignores shields. Always have iron skin up. Always be roaring.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 3, 2015

Tyorik
Dec 31, 2007

by astral
So I just started this stupid game yesterday. My dog attacked my coffee while I was doing the rank-up mission thing and thusly died because of the liquid fire all over my leg. Should I bother doing any quests while my rank-up meter-thing is full? Will I still accrue points in missions and by killing poo poo if my rank-up mission is on cooldown?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Mastery rolls over, so don't worry about it.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Tyorik posted:

So I just started this stupid game yesterday. My dog attacked my coffee while I was doing the rank-up mission thing and thusly died because of the liquid fire all over my leg. Should I bother doing any quests while my rank-up meter-thing is full? Will I still accrue points in missions and by killing poo poo if my rank-up mission is on cooldown?

Go ahead, you still get mastery even when you have enough for the next rank-up mission. You won't miss out on anything.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Mastery accumulates all the time. It's possible to level enough weapons that once you finish the test for rank1, you're eligible to take the rank2 test. But you still have to wait 24 hours between tests. So play away.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

DelphiAegis posted:

Mastery accumulates all the time. It's possible to level enough weapons that once you finish the test for rank1, you're eligible to take the rank2 test. But you still have to wait 24 hours between tests. So play away.

You gonna come get that Mag augment and Rhino Prime helmet or what?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Morglon posted:

You gonna come get that Mag augment and Rhino Prime helmet or what?

Maybe. I got another goon to accept a stupid amount of plat for the hat, but I'll trade the thingie with the doohickey.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If anyone has spare Loki prime parts, I'd happily trade arcane helms or whatever for them.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

PathAsc posted:

If anyone has spare Loki prime parts, I'd happily trade arcane helms or whatever for them.
Whatcha got?

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
If the PS4 clan is still a thing, can I get an invite? I haven't seen anybody talk about in the last dozen pages or so.

PSN: Metoron127

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Anyone got a Boar Prime barrel BP sitting around unused? I melted most of my prime parts for Ducats but now it shows up as a 'loyalty payment' for the faction standing.

Still got 2xBoar Prime BP, Boltor Prime BP, Ember Prime Systems BP and a Reaper Prime BP for trade.

Or if you're into stupid Helmets:
Arcane Aura Helmet BP, Arcane Avalon Helmet BP, Arcane Cholra Helmet BP, Arcane Menticide Helmet BP (x2), Arcane Vanguard Helmet BP, and an Arcane Vespa Helmet BP.

e:
got what I wanted, but I'm leaving the list up if anyone is in need of arcane helmets on that list, just tell me.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 4, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah I can hook you up, just hanging out right now.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can only trade built Arcane helmets.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Arcane: Aura, Chlora, Flux, Locust, Scorpion, Squall, Storm, Pendragon, Swindle, Thrak (lol), Gambit

If there's something else you're looking for, just ask.

IGN: Nanopathogen

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Sandweed posted:

You can only trade built Arcane helmets.

Guess I'll have to push those BP through the forge than.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

So is this the place to sign up for the PS4 clan? I'm guessing you would need my PSN... anything else? I just started like yesterday if it matters at all.

e: whoops, PSN: BeStillAsBright

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

Or if you're into stupid Helmets:
Arcane Aura Helmet BP, Arcane Avalon Helmet BP, Arcane Cholra Helmet BP, Arcane Menticide Helmet BP (x2), Arcane Vanguard Helmet BP, and an Arcane Vespa Helmet BP.

e:
got what I wanted, but I'm leaving the list up if anyone is in need of arcane helmets on that list, just tell me.

I would LOVE the Vespa, I tried my damndest to get it before the stat helmets were retired but it just didn't happen and Nyx one of my favorite frames. I don't have a lot of plat right now (only 20ish?) but I'd do my damndest to come up with somethin you need. Username Gamwhiz if you've got the time to pm.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

So apparently nullifier bubbles in Cataclysm are just completely invincible.

vOv fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 4, 2015

Khorne
May 1, 2002
You can still run inside and kill the nullifier, but yes they are.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Yeah, I definitely noticed this while playing Limbo. I like Nullifiers, and I like Limbo, but they do not work well together.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

aegof posted:

I like Nullifiers.

You're a monster.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Nullifies are literally the holocaust for the Tenno.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Alad V did nothing wrong.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Nullifiers are an alright idea to diversify mob types but the real issue with them is how certain weapons are still erroneously ineffective against their shields which is stupid and bad.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 5, 2015

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah like my bow that does 50k crits taking 10 arrows to kill a bubble.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The two big issues are a) their horribly overpowered Lankas and b) crits not working on destructible objects.

And seriously those loving Lankas. They're not heavies, they have no right to have both a protective bubble and stupidly strong guns.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PathAsc posted:

Arcane: Aura, Chlora, Flux, Locust, Scorpion, Squall, Storm, Pendragon, Swindle, Thrak (lol), Gambit

If there's something else you're looking for, just ask.

IGN: Nanopathogen

Just looking for loki p chassis now, thanks 2DMAXX

above is what arcanes I have left that are already built

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kyte posted:

The two big issues are a) their horribly overpowered Lankas and b) crits not working on destructible objects.

And seriously those loving Lankas. They're not heavies, they have no right to have both a protective bubble and stupidly strong guns.

It's not just crits -- I suspect that it also ignores multishot. It takes 7-8 shots from a maxed out four-forma Marelok to drop one, which is 1-2 shots more than a full magazine.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

ullerrm posted:

It's not just crits -- I suspect that it also ignores multishot. It takes 7-8 shots from a maxed out four-forma Marelok to drop one, which is 1-2 shots more than a full magazine.

I think that's because it only shrinks up to a set upper limit per shot, so overkill damage is wasted. (The shrinkage also appears to take a bit of time to register and set properly, so if you fire too fast it seems the extra shots get wasted as well)
Remember multishot only adds more pellets, it still counts as "one shot" (same as shotguns).

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Sounds like you need a Vayker Marelok. It has 10 shots in its clip!

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
The fundamental concept of Nullifiers is fine - it's what this game needs, enemies that need to be actively countered through gameplay rather than more poo poo that you just hard counter en masse with a dumb-fire effect like mprime, Peacemaker, or a javelin build. I realize some will immediately come out and say to just play the game with some ~super skill~ build like a melee Volt or whatever, be the change I want to see in the (video game) world, but yeah, I also find it fun to be effective and right now those two things are often mutually exclusive in this game.

Ideally I'd like to see the same concept from Nullifiers applied to things other than powers, like mobs that can only be melee'd down or have specialized shields that, say, only work in certain arcs, or can only be taken out by single enormous hits. Mobs that throw large projectiles which have to be manually dodged, grenades which can be thrown back, enemy weapons which can be stolen, etc. Basically, the game needs stuff that requires the player to actually have to look at the game, make a decision to Do a Thing, and execute, rather than 'shoot mans if few, explode mans with powers if many'. That being said, I do think there's room to make a third exception for Nullifier shields, and make sniper rounds or arrows automatically penetrate them.

So much of this game and what you can do in it is entirely about what guns, frames, and mods you've grinded up, and how you fitted them. I realize there's a lot of people (Denzine being the biggest example) who value that sort of gameplay over everything else, treating Warframe like a CCG, or building a munchkin character in a pen and paper game - i.e. finding the perfect build, no matter how one-sided, overpowered, and boring to use it is. In that paradigm, actually fielding the build - beyond the point of assembling and ranking up the components - is considered the easy part. In that regard, I think corrupted mods can actually be considered the worst thing that's happened in this game, because of the super-pigeonholed builds they made the game all about. Using CCGs as a further example along that line of how these kind of systems fall apart, pure constructed tournaments are often considered the antithesis of fun by almost everyone, and usually about which neckbeard spent the most money on some bullshit unbeatable millstone strategy - which is why stuff like sealed or draft tournaments became big. Fortunately, this is a PVE game, so the issue isn't as glaring.

I think there's a lot of room left to make Warframe more of an FPS, and less of an incredibly fancy skin on a CCG. Nullfiers actually piqued my interest when they were re-introduced as those, together with the new infested mobs, represented a pretty big departure philosophically from how the game had been built since beta. Given, the infested mobs and their bee swarms and all ended up being more of an annoyance than a challenge, but it was still an indication of another level of gameplay aside from super builds.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Coldbird posted:

The fundamental concept of Nullifiers is fine - it's what this game needs, enemies that need to be actively countered through gameplay rather than more poo poo that you just hard counter en masse with a dumb-fire effect like mprime, Peacemaker, or a javelin build. I realize some will immediately come out and say to just play the game with some ~super skill~ build like a melee Volt or whatever, be the change I want to see in the (video game) world, but yeah, I also find it fun to be effective and right now those two things are often mutually exclusive in this game.

Ideally I'd like to see the same concept from Nullifiers applied to things other than powers, like mobs that can only be melee'd down or have specialized shields that, say, only work in certain arcs, or can only be taken out by single enormous hits. Mobs that throw large projectiles which have to be manually dodged, grenades which can be thrown back, enemy weapons which can be stolen, etc. Basically, the game needs stuff that requires the player to actually have to look at the game, make a decision to Do a Thing, and execute, rather than 'shoot mans if few, explode mans with powers if many'. That being said, I do think there's room to make a third exception for Nullifier shields, and make sniper rounds or arrows automatically penetrate them.

So much of this game and what you can do in it is entirely about what guns, frames, and mods you've grinded up, and how you fitted them. I realize there's a lot of people (Denzine being the biggest example) who value that sort of gameplay over everything else, treating Warframe like a CCG, or building a munchkin character in a pen and paper game - i.e. finding the perfect build, no matter how one-sided, overpowered, and boring to use it is. In that paradigm, actually fielding the build - beyond the point of assembling and ranking up the components - is considered the easy part. In that regard, I think corrupted mods can actually be considered the worst thing that's happened in this game, because of the super-pigeonholed builds they made the game all about. Using CCGs as a further example along that line of how these kind of systems fall apart, pure constructed tournaments are often considered the antithesis of fun by almost everyone, and usually about which neckbeard spent the most money on some bullshit unbeatable millstone strategy - which is why stuff like sealed or draft tournaments became big. Fortunately, this is a PVE game, so the issue isn't as glaring.

I think there's a lot of room left to make Warframe more of an FPS, and less of an incredibly fancy skin on a CCG. Nullfiers actually piqued my interest when they were re-introduced as those, together with the new infested mobs, represented a pretty big departure philosophically from how the game had been built since beta. Given, the infested mobs and their bee swarms and all ended up being more of an annoyance than a challenge, but it was still an indication of another level of gameplay aside from super builds.

You've put more thought into this than DE.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
2 questions guys:

What are some good loki builds? In missions i just kind of run around uselessly and am only able to deal with 1 or 2 targets at a time. Are there any easy builds to become a little more useful/solo stuff easier?

Also, whats a good way to get lots of fusion cores fast? I go through them way faster than i can find them.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Not sure about Loki, but I find a lot of my gold fusion cores from void defense and interception missions.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Loki can't Mash 4 To Win, but he can Mash 4 To Neutralize All The Enemies. Radial/Irradiating Disarm takes all the enemy's guns away and makes them charge into your bullets/start smacking each other around. Invisibility is wonderfully useful and gives a huge bonus to melee. Decoy is an excellent distraction. Switch Teleport is useful sometimes I guess.

But yeah, you want a good gun, and maybe a team smart enough to take advantage of all the openings Loki can make.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Loki is a lot like Ash in that their abilities other than invisibility don't really matter. You mod to get the most out of invis and mod the gently caress out of your weapons, then give zero fucks about anything that can't one shot you during the brief period of time you aren't invisible. Old trinity was like this too except with actual immunity instead of the quasi immunity invis gives.

Radial disarm is hella good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Loki? Skip power strength.

Disarm wants efficiency and range. If you want to get some use out of Decoy and Invis for situations like reviving, you have room to throw on some duration to offset the hit from efficiency.
Efficiency and range also let you get the most mobility out of the Decoy / Switch Teleport combo.

Invis wants duration. Duration, duration, duration. I haven't done a permainvis build yet myself so I can't really tell you if the duration is insanely long enough for you to get away with not doing efficiency, though.
Taking this to the point of a max narrow minded will hit your range, so that will not be a NO GUNS FOR ANYONE build.

Also, if you ever find yourself invis-reviving people in the middle of an extremely high damage swarm, make sure nobody tries to help you revive. They mean well, sure, but it gets you shot.