Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
"There's a song that's really amazing that you should all listen to, so I'm just going to be quiet for now"

AWK-WARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Glad they went quiet so I could hear that song.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

parasyte posted:

I'd love to see a total control of psx games happen, but I dunno if the emulators are accurate enough. I'm surprised n64 tasbot scripts work as it is since that system is still poorly emulated.
PSX Total Control has been flirted with via a Symphony of the Night save corruption trick similar to what was used to kick off TASbot's Pokemon shenanigans, but the results currently aren't any flashier than "HEY GAME, RUN THE CREDITS!". A new, accurate TAS-centric emulator (PSX core for Mednafen/Bizhawk) is in beta so that might advance efforts in that regard.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

dj_de posted:

PROTIP: Knit girl is the person in charge of creating the current NO FUN ALLOWED rules of AGDQ15 after her unfair treatment in that video!

What is this about?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I remember them being better with sound last year, barring the occasional poorly-attached mic.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Gamma Nerd posted:

"There's a song that's really amazing that you should all listen to, so I'm just going to be quiet for now"

AWK-WARD
Even if they can't fix the sound, they probably should at least let the runner know that it's not working.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

Is there anything good to watch between now and early morning tomorrow(like Crazy Taxi)?
The Genesis platformer block might be good.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
RIP his cybil strategy. It's not even that hard to do...

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

This is amazing for all the wrong reasons.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
i’m skipping the transistor run because i don’t want the game spoiled for me

if anyone’s watching agdq & has me added on steam can you send me a message when the transistor run ends? thank u

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Poor Vulajin always seems to get boned by technical issues. Similar thing happened to his Bastion run last year.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
The cuts during the reader's autoduck when he takes a breath are driving me nuts

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Not an emptyquote.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
They should have brought back dustforce instead.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Meh I'd have been impressed if they directly connected via XBAND.

A long time ago I got an XBVND for like a buck at a garage sale and some friends and I tried to get it to function over a broadband connection without the XBAND software and it was way more trouble than it would have been worth if we got it to work.

Sometimes I see the box sitting around and wonder what it would have been like if we got it running.

parasyte posted:

As i recall smb in smw was the plan last year but ran out of time, pong/snake was the backup plan.

I'm pretty sure they just realized that it was possible because the amount of memory you get access to is remarkably larger than the entirety of SMB. I figured they would come back with this though.

mango sentinel posted:

Why are they not just non-stop reading donations to fill air

I think this every drat GDQ and I don't know why they haven't figured this out yet. Especially this year where the amount of dead air is putting me to sleep.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

loving fantastic.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Never stop being dreamy, Everdraed. You're still my favorite poster from starmen.net. :allears:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Holy poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ridley breaking posts again. Mods?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Have my babies.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

snodig posted:

They should have brought back dustforce instead.

Dustforce is not a good game to run at marathons unless you can get one of the very few people who are consistent at running it.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

no embedded audio file, for shame :goleft:

(keep on being awesome)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

too- too big---

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Migishu posted:

no embedded audio file, for shame :goleft:

(keep on being awesome)

What are you talking about, it's playing the same song that Transistor had.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

tRIDAV posted:

:vince:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Gamma Nerd posted:

Dustforce is not a good game to run at marathons unless you can get one of the very few people who are consistent at running it.

Didn't they recently rerelease it with a new top-level world that made it a little less annoying?

Also, everything up through Laboratory is pretty easy to run. The main things that kill 100% runs is the ! levels (Kilo Difficult -> Yotta Difficult) -- it wouldn't be impossible to do a tourney% that basically did everything up through that, and then if you're ahead of schedule, you run the Difficults. But then, it'd be even better to just find someone who can consistently run them.

e:

tRIDAV posted:

:golfclap:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 5, 2015

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

tRIDAV posted:

Everybody be quiet I can't hear it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ullerrm posted:

Didn't they recently rerelease it with a new top-level world that made it a little less annoying?

Also, everything up through Laboratory is pretty easy to run. The main things that kill 100% runs is the ! levels (Kilo Difficult -> Yotta Difficult) -- it wouldn't be impossible to do a tourney% that basically did everything up through that, and then if you're ahead of schedule, you run the Difficults. But then, it'd be even better to just find someone who can consistently run them.

Yeah they just did a major revamp as "Dustforce DX".

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I miss the red couch...

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Ok that offscreen pixel perfect double enemy target was pretty impressive.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Transistor credits song is called "Paper Boats" and it is indeed awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrjMq4aL-g
As mentioned on stream, Supergiant put the whole soundtrack up on YouTube.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Something I was never sure about when I played Transistor was whether or not the sword guy was Red's boyfriend or just an admirer she falls in love with over the course of the game.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Wish they hadn't cut the song off at the end, but a pretty cool run nonetheless!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yeah, that was actually a surprisingly good Transistor run -- the game has relatively few breaks, which makes the ones that are possible quite impressive. GDQ has a reputation for mercykilling PC games, so having one come in firmly ahead of schedule is nice.

A pity that they killed the PC audio halfway through Paper Boats. :P

Republicans posted:

Something I was never sure about when I played Transistor was whether or not the sword guy was Red's boyfriend or just an admirer she falls in love with over the course of the game.

Boyfriend -- the ending sequence shows scenes from their past.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 5, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given that the speedrun only showed a very tiny bit of the actual game (main plot points, haphazardly) and didn't even have audio for a third of the time i would recommend getting transistor sometime and actually playing it because it's good and most of the reason it's good isn't anything that would show up in a speedrun

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Republicans posted:

It's open to interpretation whether it is her boyfriend, husband, bodyguard, or just a stranger.

edit: just in case

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Republicans posted:

They were together before.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

given that the speedrun only showed a very tiny bit of the actual game (main plot points, haphazardly) and didn't even have audio for a third of the time i would recommend getting transistor sometime and actually playing it because it's good and most of the reason it's good isn't anything that would show up in a speedrun
To be fair, a lot of Transistor's plot is intentionally vague. It's still very much worth playing for the atmosphere; a lot of it doesn't really come across as Vulajin rushes past it, but the Process slowly takes over more and more of the city as you play through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

• Locked thread