Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Admittedly, it's not a perfect solution. Vriska, having been dead for three years, is presumably three years younger than the rest of the alive cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, the plan has to work out somehow, for two reasons. One, there is no other option and if it doesn't work the story is over. Two, Terezi is able to predict the hypothetical outcomes of hypothetical delicious made by other people. There's no way she'll be off the mark in predicting her own desicions, and the outcomes thereof.

Bobulus posted:

Admittedly, it's not a perfect solution. Vriska, having been dead for three years, is presumably three years younger than the rest of the alive cast.

Dream bubbles are located in the furthest ring, where the laws of time and space break down. She could have been dead for 3 days, or 3,000 years.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 3, 2015

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bobulus posted:

It's not stopping Meenah. :v:

e: Or the shippers.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 3, 2015

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Ariong posted:

Terezi is able to predict the hypothetical outcomes of hypothetical delicious made by other people.

Just like her dragon-mom taught.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm not really sure how or why the majority of the Game Over clusterfuck would be avoided by having Vriska alive anyway, even if she HAS been forced to experience some character development :confused:

Like, I thought it was pretty straightforward that John got the ring so he can eventually, at some point, give it to Calliope (although Aranea not having it is pretty clear progress in and of itself yeah)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm not really sure how or why the majority of the Game Over clusterfuck would be avoided by having Vriska alive anyway, even if she HAS been forced to experience some character development :confused:

Like, I thought it was pretty straightforward that John got the ring so he can eventually, at some point, give it to Calliope (although Aranea not having it is pretty clear progress in and of itself yeah)

John getting the ring was the entire set of actions neccessary to avert the Game Over stuff.

Everything else is Terezi trying to fix other stuff.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

John getting the ring was the entire set of actions neccessary to avert the Game Over stuff.

Everything else is Terezi trying to fix other stuff.

I don't remember it too well and can't watch it at the moment but I'm pretty sure a bunch of people died for reasons completely unrelated to Aranea coming back to life

e: What I'm saying is maybe just maybe for once a thing isn't about the Serkets :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

I don't remember it too well and can't watch it at the moment but I'm pretty sure a bunch of people died for reasons completely unrelated to Aranea coming back to life

e: What I'm saying is maybe just maybe for once a thing isn't about the Serkets :v:

no, i'm pretty sure that aranea directly murderized like 4 people and was directly responsible for the ensuing deaths of like 5 more

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Let's see:

Aranea kickstarts Jake's hopesplosion, which sets off the whole shebang.

She directly kills Jade.
--This eventually results in Dave's death when he tries to get her corpse back from PM and BN.

She directs Gamzee to interfere with Jane resurrecting Jade.
--which leads to Gamzee's brutal beatdown of Terezi. Would this have happened in other circumstances? Hard to say.
--This results in Karkat's death when he goes to save her

HIC shows up all pissed.
--HIC kills Kanaya, and Rose and wounds Terezi even more

Aranea kills Jane and Jake. HIC kills Aranea.

Dirk animes himself into endless glitchy nothing.

So if Aranea hadn't come back to life, several people directly killed by her wouldn't have died, the HIC wouldn't have shown up pissed and Rose and Kanaya wouldn't have been killed, and Gamzee may-or-may not have gone all psycho clown on Terezi, possibly saving her and Karkat.

I don't know what difference Vriska coming back instead/still being alive would be, but if it's a more mature Vriska who can work with other people in a plan that does not revolve around her things may turn out much better.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 4, 2015

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Tollymain posted:

no, i'm pretty sure that aranea directly murderized like 4 people and was directly responsible for the ensuing deaths of like 5 more

Including but not limited to the Mayor. He was on the cosmic billards ball formerly known as LOHAC.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I bet Vriska is still going to be the one to ultimately kill Jack Noir one way or another

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Yeah but so what, Jack Noir is so boring and lame now, he barely qualifies as a villain these days and half the time I forget he exists.

edit: wait do you mean Bec Noir

actually nevermind don't even explain it, I'm too tired to wrap my mind around all the different versions of everybody tonight

Zoe fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 4, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Assuming this Jane is from the new reality, it seems like the first major change is that Jade goes missing, so the meteor group does not get divided. That alone changed lots of stuff.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Whatever happened to Spades and Union Jack anyways?

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Note Block posted:

Whatever happened to Spades and Union Jack anyways?

Jade capped UJ into the furthest ring just before Condy brainjacked her, and SS blasting off for the medium the last we saw him. Neither of them had any screen interaction with Terezi, so when all's said and done they should still be ready to make trouble any time.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You know what I was thinking about today that'll probably never be answered? What the deal with the Lime Bloods was.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Bobulus posted:

You know what I was thinking about today that'll probably never be answered? What the deal with the Lime Bloods was.

I bet that would all have been revealed in the epic biography of Troll Will Smith that Hussie never got around to writing.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Bobulus posted:

Who knows? Maybe Rainbow Drinkers just had a serious craving for lime blood.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Nah, it was pretty heavily implied they were put down by Her Imperial Condescension, either through direct culling or via her lusus's ability to selectively kill blood castes. What I want to know was why they were so important. Did they have some important psychic power, for example? People at the time speculated that maybe they had some sort of rage-reducing power, and either sopor slime was made from their blood (like trollblood was used for everything else in that society) or sopor slime was a replacement for the function they fulfilled in society or something.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Calliope claimed at one point that they had powerful emotion manipulating abilities and would have led Troll society into an age of peace and enlightenment, but, well, Calliope.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Didn't Hussie say that the games would go into lime bloods and whatever their significance is

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I forget now but was Karkat a mutant limeblood?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blackheart posted:

No, just a mutant.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Blackheart posted:

He's not EXPLICITLY a mutant limeblood but there was all that talk of "oh he would have been better off born a human" and then human lifespans slot quite well in between olive and green lifespans so it's not remotely an out-there theory.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Karkat occupies the space on the spectrum that could be associated with lime green. Perhaps a connection with Calliope and her brother since those are their colors too? On the other hand, I'm not sure HIC even knew much about Lord English until she was recruited (she'd have to hear some, because Scratch competes with the Serkets when it comes to blathering on.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Blackheart posted:

Not explicitly, but Cancer is between Gemini and Leo, and Limeblood is right between the hemotypes of Sollux and Nepeta.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
John might have broken Terezie.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Jesus John, you suck at this subtle thing don't you?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Yes John, she actually fell for that.

Also, how incredibly subtle.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

John owns

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Egbert.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I am laughing my rear end off. John Egbert: passive in action, direct in conversation. Or something.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
John's officially made it into reader-surrogate mary sue mode, clueless as ever.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I would say John is loving things up but this is probably all foreseen by seer Terezi knowing who she is dealing with so

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
This is going to lead to a fantastic conversation replacing [S] Flip isnt it?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ahaha loving excellent.

So Terezi knows of John by this point, will she be able to tell this is him? She should at least recognize this is the same chalk from the mysterious "you don't need him" message, not to mention that it directly references that message. I don't think she can link it to how he stole her push toy and returned it later. Regardless, messages from the future should be downright passe for her at this point so getting a message from someone telling her how dating Dave will work out in her future isn't all that remarkable.

I wonder if John's accidentally derailed Terezi's plan just now? Assuming he was supposed to get her to realize Gamzee was the real killer, she might at least suspect something else is up rather than fixate on spidertroll.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 5, 2015

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
^^^the mysterious chalk message that said 'this is john btw'

'It was gamzee you idiot!'

THANK YOU.

I love John a whole lot right now but it's probable he's doing a really bad job following instructions here...

Zoe fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 5, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dolash posted:

I wonder if John's accidentally derailed Terezi's plan just now?

Honestly you don't even need to be a seer of mind to predict that John Egbert is going to add in his own... unique flair to the instructions.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

John has always been very direct with him commentary. Remember when he confronted Rose about her grimdark leanings? And how heartfelt his letters to Jade, Dave, and Rose where in their birthday presents? The boy can analyze and say what's on his mind. He just... usually is so out of the loop that he seems like a doofus.

I am secretly hoping that this leads to a complete crash and burn that John has to go back and undo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't even know whether this is Terezi's plan or not. I mean, I can completely see her telling John to add some smug Earth human bullshit.