Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Harlock posted:

The best speed run of all: rejecting the EULA

EULA skip best skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dias posted:

EULA skip best skip.

Psssh, Drake skipped two chapters by just using a ladder.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Harlock posted:

The best speed run of all: rejecting the EULA

I missed the explanation for that; is there like a multiplayer thing or something that they skip by rejecting the EULA?

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I missed the explanation for that; is there like a multiplayer thing or something that they skip by rejecting the EULA?

User generated missions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pseudoscorpion posted:

You got to do about three or four really boring missions that setup the online creation missions that people could make. They are super low effort ones like "kill this vampire" with Cole and Zeke are just text boxes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pseudoscorpion posted:

There's two missions in the game that are user generated/come from an online connection so you need to agree to the online terms and agreements. Rejecting them just skips the missions entirely.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I missed the animals explanation. Is it about those stuffed things?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Grondoth posted:

It's related to Super Metroid ending.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Grondoth posted:

Donate so they explain the "explain the animals" thing.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
So ... this is like the regular Infamous, but with vampires and slightly dumber?

Meanwhile, I donated for the butt mode file name on Shovel Knight. I have no idea if that's valid as a choice but I'm mentally twelve and fighting King Butt and Mole Butt amuses me.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Grondoth posted:

TL;DR: At the end of Super Metroid after the final boss you can go into this one room while escaping. If you do you set some animals free, if not they die on the planet. The only functional difference this makes is slowing the run down by a couple seconds and having 2-3 small white dots fleeing the planet along with your ship in the final cutscene.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Crain posted:

TL;DR: At the end of Super Metroid after the final boss you can go into this one room while escaping. If you do you set some animals free, if not they die on the planet. The only functional difference this makes is slowing the run down by a couple seconds and having 2-3 small white dots fleeing the planet along with your ship in the final cutscene.

It's canon per metroid fusion too.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Xerophyte posted:

So ... this is like the regular Infamous, but with vampires and slightly dumber?

Meanwhile, I donated for the butt mode file name on Shovel Knight. I have no idea if that's valid as a choice but I'm mentally twelve and fighting King Butt and Mole Butt amuses me.

Infamous 2 but with vampires. That's all this is. It's not that great.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I own this game but the first two Infamouses barely held my attention so I never played it. Somehow I'm still disappointed.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Congrats on the world record :)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, first WR of the marathon!

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I don't mean to belittle this guy's accomplishment because it's awesome for him but everybody sure does go loving berserk about WR on games that literally like 3 people speedrun

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I dream of a day where the runner and announcer can always hear each other. Also, awesome on the WR.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Poultron posted:

I don't mean to belittle this guy's accomplishment because it's awesome for him but everybody sure does go loving berserk about WR on games that literally like 3 people speedrun

probably because it's a world record

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

probably because it's a world record

For a game that maybe 2-3 people would speedrun. But it is better than I can say so good job on that to this dude.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

So it just ends and... :stare:

Well I guess that's why Infamous 3 has a different protagonist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

F. Lobot posted:

Nah this just a silly side story about them fighting vampires.

Infamous 2 Spoilers but in the good ending Cole kills himself to defeat the beast and end this plague that happening around the world.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

F. Lobot posted:

I mean Cole is dead no matter what so that's why lol.

Festival of Blood has nothing to do with it.

Anyways, I'm down for World of Illusion :peanut:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Skeezy posted:

For a game that maybe 2-3 people would speedrun. But it is better than I can say so good job on that to this dude.

Yeah it's awesome for the dude. I would be stoked about it

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nintendo Kid posted:

So someone mentioned a while ago that someone was going to upload 6 hour raw chunks of the stream to youtube, anyone have a link?

This dude is the one I saw talking about doing it in the Reddit VOD thread: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOE7rEpfA-rF8-6EqGw2k8OISuPQnTC43

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Wow fighting masters?!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
God drat World of Illusion was an amazing game that I played forever as a kid and managed to forget about.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Already know this is going to be a run with great commentary.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This dude sounds like Dinklage. I like this dude.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That dude always does good commentary, plus his voice is nice.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This little person has the silky smooth voice of an angel

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Blechy is an s-tier commentator.

For those who don't know: Blechy is I guess an expert older Disney games? He's done co-op runs with Cygfer in both Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop. Their Goof Troop run was magical.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

mango sentinel posted:

Blechy is an s-tier commentator.

He's also pretty good at games. I know he's running Shadow of the Ninja sometime this AGDQ, dunno about any other games.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
He's running two games and commentating on four.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Does he have a twitch channel?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Al Borland posted:

Does he have a twitch channel?
The commentator? http://www.twitch.tv/Blechzorz

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
Jesus this race is close.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pete's face.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Best run of the marathon so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
That guy really blew it at the stairs what a bummer. I thought he had a chance of a comeback too.

• Locked thread