Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fat guys are judging the gently caress out of his sonic play. They are NOT impressed. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Fat guys are judging the gently caress out of his sonic play. They are NOT impressed. :colbert:

but enough about the thread

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
man if Talon doesn't make Rooftop Run Modern really goddamn hype I'll never forgive him

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

homphgomph posted:

Boy this is a nice looking game, echoing the fact that this is the best 3D Sonic game even if the final boss is poo poo.

Yep, that last boss is loving horseshit but pretty much all of the rest of the game is terrific. Unfortunate that this game is looking to be the last gasp of decent sonic games for any foreseeable future but at least we got one more after the Genesis/Megadrive era.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The runner is doing a semi-decent job of commentary, even if his two couch 'dudes' are bound and determined to stay the gently caress away from speaking.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Sonic Generations can't be the best 3-D sonic game because it's not called Sonic Colors

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Not every Sonic fan looks like Rawmaster2, but Rawmaster2 looks like every Sonic fan.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

DoctorWhat posted:

man if Talon doesn't make Rooftop Run Modern really goddamn hype I'll never forgive him

:rip:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yep! The jitters

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ugh, that was pathetic. a wet fart.

I mean, _I_ can't do that trick at ALL reliably, I think I've managed it ONCE

but seriously

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This really is a great step up from SA2 though, I mean come on.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they're following it up with, should be really grea-- oh.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

WE ARE NOT WAVING :colbert: :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

this isn't Rooftop Run. Rooftop Run is orange and sunny and full of balloons and European architecture and it, along with the original Unleashed version, is the Best Sonic Level Ever.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wow, those two other dudes on the couch. "Alright, guys, wave. :)" ":mad:"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Holy poo poo, those two guys couldn't even wave? What a couple of assholes.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

no out of bounds on city escape? isnt that way faster?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Oh poo poo, tuns-o-fun laughed.

EDIT: back to surious face.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

no out of bounds on city escape? isnt that way faster?

he's probably not good enough to even try

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Sonic 4 Episode II is much, much better than Ep1 but Generations is certainly the best 3D Sonic.

Has anyone ever given up on a run from choking? Not including soft-locks or other run ending things besides pure failure. Not saying Talon is close to that but I just haven't seen it myself.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

he's probably not good enough to even try

what a shame, it looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbbSdJ9aZ78

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Takoluka posted:

Holy poo poo, those two guys couldn't even wave? What a couple of assholes.

They are assholes but I remember someone saying several runs ago that they couldn't really hear the donation desk from the couch. Or maybe that was over at the PC station, I'm not sure.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

jerkstoresup posted:

Sonic 4 Episode II is much, much better than Ep1 but Generations is certainly the best 3D Sonic.

Has anyone ever given up on a run from choking? Not including soft-locks or other run ending things besides pure failure. Not saying Talon is close to that but I just haven't seen it myself.

Studio died during Risk of Rain last year on the final boss, so there was no second attempt made due to time restraints and no checkpoints in that game.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

jerkstoresup posted:

They compassion-killed the Fire Emblem run after a numerous series of bad RNG luck a year ago.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

jerkstoresup posted:

Pretty sure some runs have been mercy killed before. Though off the top of my head the only one I can recall is a Fire Emblem run, but it wasn't really the runners fault. He just got horrendous RNG.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah that requires m-speed, which is a technique he hasn't even MENTIONED, much less tried. It involves holding the analogue stick at a very precise, minute angle forward. I can't do it consistently enough to actually implement it into more than a couple of straightaways across the whole game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure some runs have been mercy killed before. Though off the top of my head the only one I can recall is a Fire Emblem run, but it wasn't really the runners fault. He just got horrendous RNG.

There was some fat rear end in a top hat a couple years ago playing The Binding of Isaac, and after like 45 solid minutes of johnning he died to Satan in one hit and ragequit.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RyokoTK posted:

They are assholes but I remember someone saying several runs ago that they couldn't really hear the donation desk from the couch. Or maybe that was over at the PC station, I'm not sure.

Literally everyone behind them did it, because the donation speaker said "Everybody wave." They had no excuse.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Wasn't YSG's echo the dolphin mercy killed 2 years ago or did they just resort to cheat codes to show the final boss? Close enough either way.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Here I'm going to just spin dash jump and ..... oh that was bad. - this run

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

oh my god he's going to totally gently caress up the water-running, isn't he

i can't watch

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lmao more chokes

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CALLED IT

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

i can't watch

:nallears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i can get to that cannon with boost to spare, like, EVERY TIME.

jfc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
"heres this part if you remember sonic heroes.."

no I dont remember because I didn't play that garbage.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

But is this more chokey than Mario Kart?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Ravus posted:

Wasn't YSG's echo the dolphin mercy killed 2 years ago or did they just resort to cheat codes to show the final boss? Close enough either way.

Yeah. Last year.they had to do the cheat codes, and even then he failed at the very last minute of a 10 minute segment. :(

I swear the two guys on the couch right now could kill with just their dismissive stare. "You're bringing shame to the sonic runners son..."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

DoctorWhat posted:

i can't watch

Your disappointment is like mine when I was watching Dime completely fail at The Plutonia Experiment last time. :sigh:

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

DoctorWhat posted:

i can't watch

Holy poo poo, even I can do that reliably

homphgomph posted:

e: Up and down and all around

right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Takoluka posted:

But is this more chokey than Mario Kart?

Even with chokes I think he's still S-ranked every stage, so it isn't that bad. If he comes in 11th on a stage then yeah we can say it's worse

• Locked thread