Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Yes, although we should be prepared for the war with Ireland that will result. We may wish to require a certain degree of League control over the rich coal and iron deposits of Wales as compensation. (OOC: We use the investment mechanic to own the steel factories there).

B, with a codicil stating that we should seek to add any progressive, forward-looking, business-friendly states that might free themselves from the grasp of the backward governments who rule Old Europe to the Hansa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Yes, B

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yes, C

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yes
B

Glenn Zimmerman
Apr 9, 2009
Yes;B

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Yes :scotland:, B

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Yes

A. Depose the HRE. They are a threat to our business interests.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Just in case people aren't aware, the Holy Roman Empire is a Great Power and the Casus Belli we can use to depose their government only works on lesser powers.

Muskatnuss
Mar 17, 2013
Yes

B

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I know a one-sided vote when I see one!

Pakled posted:

Scotland is no less Germanic than Livonia. The administration may be located in Aberdeen, but Her people are overwhelmingly descended from Germanic stock, indeed, from migrants from the very heart of the Old Hansa. And though they may have a monarchy, they practice an enlightened form of monarchy in which the king is subject to parliament. Far from a perfect system, but this may offer us the chance to bring republicanism to the masses of Scotland in the future.

As far as more aggressive foreign policies go, I believe it best to focus on other regions.

Strategic Vote:
India is defined by the present civil war between the Karnata Empire and the Maratha revolutionaries, which should still last for several years, and so the League must react accordingly. It will be up to the Raj to decide on the pursuit of direct military intervention if they feel one would be opportune, but we may build relations with one of the sides in the hope that it will win the conflict. We may also seek to support one or more of the breakaway states though this is likely to alienate the winner of the conflict. There is also Sindh, the only Indian realm truly independent from Karnata. As for the Himalayan borders of the region in Nepal and Tibet, they are formally considered to be under the protection of the Celestial Mandate of China.

a) Support the Republic
b) Support the Empire
c) Remain Neutral
d) Build influence in the breakway states

Click me if you need a reminder about what this civil war is about and what the relevant parties are.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

How effective will the pressuring be? The new Bardewick seems to be rather extremist, and I doubt forcibly overthrowing him would be rather difficult.

We should definitely support the Republic though. They are much more fractious than the Empire, thus easier to manipulate from within.

A, vote to replace

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Let the von Bardewicks do as they please: they've been running India successfully for some time, yes? I'm sure they know how to deal with subcontinent far better than we do. In fact, we should be giving them more opportunities there! We must ensure that the Empire and the Republic are shattered, and bring the pieces back together under a Hanseatic banner! India will be ours!

They haven't, one man has. A man that died at the ripe age of 239. His successor has taken over and already started mismanaging the company. He should be replaced forthwith!

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 5, 2015

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I dunno if kicking things off with a change in government would be wise. Let's pressure them first.

The Republic seems like a better choice, so let's go with A.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Let the von Bardewicks do as they please: they've been running India successfully for some time, yes? I'm sure they know how to deal with subcontinent far better than we do. In fact, we should be giving them more opportunities there! We must ensure that the Empire and the Republic are shattered, and bring the pieces back together under a Hanseatic banner! India will be ours!

D.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

C. Remove the Raj Florian von Bardewick is a fool and upstart who ought to have been removed from the civil administration of the Hanseatic Raj years ago. I don't care that he is descended from the not-quite-immortal God-Administrator Gerbhard, he's ruining our organization's reputation. Remove him from office and demand that he return to the capital to face trial for his crimes.

B. Support the Empire: Given the Ummatur Emperor's interest in modernization and foreign trade, it would be wise for us to support his endeavors and force him into our debt. I see grand opportunities for investment in this kingdom, far more opportunities than that impoverished hermit republic would give us. Our investors can't sustain themselves on half-hearted rhetoric from a bankrupt republic.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Let's do nothing, let them figure it out on their own. Same for the civil war, c). Europe will be where Neubauten makes its money.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
C., replace the Raj. Von Bardewick had has chance. Also, C. remain neutral-- India is huge, populous, and far, far away from Neubauten-- given the unreliable nature of the current Raj administration and the instability that might result when we replace it, the last thing we need is sticking or foot right in a massive quagmire.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
A
Pressure

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
A, D this is our chance to even further our "administration" over South Asia, let the Raj do what he feels is necessary, so we may advance into new territory.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B, D

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
C, Replace

Honestly giving one man that much power was never going to be a good idea and his policies are severely limiting the Raj's profitability with all the strife they're causing.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Too long have we tolerated a monarchy in our grand order! A Monarchy! Our tradition of Republicanism is as old as our League itself. We must seek to replace this anachronism.

In Greater India, I feel we must grant the Republic all the support we can give. The Hansa has been reforged in the fires of revolution many times, only emerging stronger and more glorious with every transformation. Who are we to stand in the face of similar Revolutionaries abroad?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Replace and A

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Replace and A, as well.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

3D that poo poo all the way. A broken India as a profitable India, but we probably shouldn't actively alienate them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Support the Republic and Pressure

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Pressure and C .

The Raj is clearly being mismanaged, but we'll give him a chance to come to his senses before moving to more drastic measures. Otherwise I believe we have enough of the sub-continent in our influence, and any intervention will cost us more than we'll gain.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
A and Replace. Florian von Bardewick sounds like a complete fuckup. He should not be in any position of authority if we can help it.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Trying to convince a von Bardewick to change his stance would be like forcing a Donkey to eat hot lead, interesting yet in the end pointless. All of India needs a remodelling if we the Hansa want to continue to hold influence over the area, and the von Bardewicks is only the start. Let's form a Rajan Hanse, a Trading Federation just like our own here in Neubauten. The Hansaetic aristocracy introduced by Gerbhard should be given the opportunity to remove themselves from the country so that the locals can be allowed to become proper Hansaetic citizen. Let's build a Raj for the natives, not the settlers, and not give them any reason to think about joining any of the states to the north.

That said, we need to keep the Indian subcontinent divided if we want to keep the Raj. Should we support either side, the Empire or the Republic both, the winner might demand we give them back the lands of the Raj so that their people might once again be free. The Empire has demanded land from us before, hence why the trading ports of the east lies under their rule, and a movement to free the Indians from oppression under a greater power will not stop at just a native one, and they might even think we will peacefully give up our lands to the movement we so generously supported.

Replace the von Bardewick monarchy, and Option D is the one we need if we want to stay as the superior power of the subcontinent.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I second the above's proposition and further expand on it with this. A, support the republic and have talks to induct them into the Hansa League, replacing the von Bardewick monarchical administration with a republican one, friendly to our interests.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Replace the Raj, Florian is an idiot that needs to go and because he's an idiot he's unlikely to get the message regardless of how much we pressure him.

Build influence in the breakaway states. We need not concern ourselves with how the Indian civil war goes. All we need be concerned with is that it leaves the Indian empire weaker, its riches within our grasp, and the Raj in position to dominate the region.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I feel obligated to point out to everyone voting to replace the administration, that this option only triggers a vote in the Hansetag on whether to replace the administration, which is "an act unprecedented in the contemporary Hansa".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

sheep-dodger posted:

I feel obligated to point out to everyone voting to replace the administration, that this option only triggers a vote in the Hansetag on whether to replace the administration, which is "an act unprecedented in the contemporary Hansa".

An act that needs doing regardless. :colbert:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Replace the Raj and support the Republic. No doubt we can affect the succession in a republic more than that of a monarchy.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I stand by my ratified motion, and I feel that it is within our power to do so and will indeed even our duty to do so. The Raj have been an murky colonial administration, the personal dominion of the Bardewick, or to be more exact, Florian's most assuredly Seletani influenced father. It is time for us to clear up this constitutional issue regarding the status of the Raj in the league, in a manner that is fair to the people of the Raj and of the interest of the League at large.

Hence my proposal to send feelers to see if the Maratha Republic would be interested in joining the League and take over administration of the Raj. This would strengthen both parties and the league at large, assuredly be popular with the people of the Raj, who would be delighted to be a part of a state with full membership, instead of being some personal fiefdom. It should behead any large sepoy or independence movement AND importantly allow us to maintain, or even expand our business interest in the region.

The Maratha's would have to be talked to, and they ought not to be to hesistant to such a deal. They likely require help right now, and overall it would benefit them far more then whatever it might cost. Florian would obviously resist, but he would resist any and perhaps all attempts at reform or meddling in his "kingdom". He is unfit for his position, and his people demand us to do something about him or else they will. We can't allow such precedence in the league!

Further, I do not trust him on account of the late von Bardewick. Normally it would be unfair to judge a man for what his father have done, but this case is extraordinary and relevant to Seletani problem. I fear that Florian is just the kind of man that would feel inferior in the shadow of him, especially in the light of his own inadequateness, and seek a similar path that his father assuredly took. And while the late von Bardewick's should never have been allowed to do such a thing in the first place, it seems like there have been any catastrophic consequences, that we know of yet, other then perhaps the situation we discuss right now. I do not feel assured Florian would be so lucky.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Pressure, and A - Support the Republic.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Pressure, Support the Republic is my vote.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Replace, Support the Republic

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Put on the pressure, but remain neutral if at all possible. Or back both sides and pick over the spoils, we shouldn't be fussy.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ibblebibble posted:

Replace the Raj and support the Republic. No doubt we can affect the succession in a republic more than that of a monarchy.
Cosigned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Ibblebibble posted:

Triple-stamped.

• Locked thread