Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Synastren posted:

ed: How the gently caress did they get twitch to donate 100% of the subscription income?

Well their gear is the GRAND PRIZE of this +1mil charity event, probably small price to pay for that kind of advertising.

If I wanted a Twitch hoodie so bad I would just go to a local shop and have one made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Comrade Question posted:

He has enough food and water for a week, don't worry.

So why did this happen? I know in the past they've had to tell him not to sit on the couch unless invited by the runner but otherwise he's never really misbehaved. :(

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

hcreight posted:

So why did this happen? I know in the past they've had to tell him not to sit on the couch unless invited by the runner but otherwise he's never really misbehaved. :(

Is that even him? does he have black hair?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

Well their gear is the GRAND PRIZE of this +1mil charity event, probably small price to pay for that kind of advertising.

If I wanted a Twitch hoodie so bad I would just go to a local shop and have one made.

Too bad they're not offering such quality merch as this shirt or the gently caress even is this one?

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I just want less time with 0 sound. I usually keep the thing running in the background and its jarring when it goes mute for minutes at a time to come back with loud noises.

Happy with how much they have pulled in already. Have to beat last year and they look on track

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
That picture probably has a different context, the audience is changed out every run this year so it feels weird that he's not as omnipresent as he once was.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hcreight posted:

blueglass is in the audience right now, don't believe dumb rumors

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Anyone else getting a little freaked out by the Asian Potato Head there? Like his head does not look natural :stare:

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Iceplug should have an honorary seat right behind the centre of the couch.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Comrade Question posted:

He has enough food and water for a week, don't worry.

:sigh:

Luckily it seems to be the overwhelming opinion that this year's AGDQ really bites compared to previous ones, so maybe if they come in under past donation totals they'll re-think how they handle everything next year.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh my god it's only been a day stop whining you humongous nerds

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
This is mega boring

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

President Ark posted:

Oh my god it's only been a day stop whining you humongous nerds

nah this sucks, sorry

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

Crain posted:

Anyone else getting a little freaked out by the Asian Potato Head there? Like his head does not look natural :stare:

He is gaunt and withering. By the end of the week he'll just be a puddle sliding around the floor.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They should add a YSGasm and YSGHeyGuys emote then everyone would subscribe.

Also they should add a second cam covering the crowd to the bottom right corner. half the fun is seeing the crowd reaction.

EDIT: Also, why do people fall for these "Blueglass was banned" rumours literally every time?

CJ fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 5, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Minrad posted:

Luckily it seems to be the overwhelming opinion that this year's AGDQ really bites compared to previous ones, so maybe if they come in under past donation totals they'll re-think how they handle everything next year.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
blueglass didn't get kicked out of anywhere stop believing dumb rumors you read off reddit you idiots

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Crain posted:

He usually has thicker framed glasses.

Haste Mistake
Oct 14, 2008

Here I go!
Kicking you in the hands!
Get your hands down here!
People are really gullible about what they read on the internet.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Haste Mistake posted:

People are really gullible about what they read on the internet.

It's more that people are really gullible about things they read on the internet (or anywhere) that reinforce or validate preconceived notions.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
zomg blueglass banned for rape cancel all future marathons worst thing ever.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

if you read it on the internet then of course it's true! :downs:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UraniumAnchor posted:

blueglass didn't get kicked out of anywhere stop believing dumb rumors you read off reddit you idiots

thats why I asked instead of presenting it as a fact, dick

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I skipped the F-Zero block because I hate racing speedruns generally. Did something dumb happen?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Minrad posted:

Every AGDQ is the worst AGQD ever. Also, every AGDQ is the best AGDQ ever.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

A nice bonus of having a big chunk of the audience visible behind the runners was being able to gage roughly how excited people are about something.
Boring runs in the middle of the night would have like three people behind the couch having a look, while the big ones would fill the room with excited people cheering.
Having eight or so people maximum consistently really cuts down on that. And they probably aren't going to wander off to get food or anything even if they're bored as hell because they had to wait god knows how long for their hour in the special corner seats.
I don't think this "sucks compared to last time" by any stretch since they've all had lovely segments, but some of their setup this year seems like a mistake that hopefully they won't stick with in the future.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

everyone knows it'd make perfect sense and not be weird as gently caress if they penned people off like animals

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

I skipped the F-Zero block because I hate racing speedruns generally. Did something dumb happen?

Yeah. People played dumb racing games for far too long.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Most boring yet. *gets $250k in a little over 24h* Sigh, I wish something interesting would happen.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

E: nm I'm gullible.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 5, 2015

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

BloodWulfe posted:

Every AGDQ is the worst AGQD ever. Also, every AGDQ is the best AGDQ ever.

The broadcast quality increases, the atmosphere decreases.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Internet Kraken posted:

They did something other than the exact same thing they did last year, therefore everything is terrible because obviously when something is cool once doing the exact same thing again will be just as cool.

(No, I'm not saying what they're actually doing is as good as what they did last year)

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I know most of these sponsors, but ive never heard of somethingautistic.com.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

That guy was really annoying before but doesn't deserve that.
There is only couch/camera space for like a dozen people so he's probably just staying entertained in one of the many small rooms that the staff thought would be better than space for an actual audience.

UraniumAnchor posted:

UraniumAnchor posted:

UraniumAnchor posted:

UraniumAnchor posted:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

funmanguy posted:

I know most of these sponsors, but ive never heard of somethingautistic.com.

It's somethingartistic.net and do not go to .net of your url it is malicious.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Internet Kraken posted:

I think people realized they hate racing speedruns.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

flyboi posted:

It's somethingartistic.net and do not go to .net of your url it is malicious.

someone should contact them, and tell them to stop advertising a malware website on the stream

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

homphgomph posted:

I think people realized they hate racing speedruns.

F-Zero GX is really good because it's loving cool to watch but coming off the backs of F-Zero X (which was not bad) and F-Zero SNES and Climax (which were loving boring) it is really tiresome because it's more of the exact same thing. They should have probably broken it up a little bit.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This is an impressive run in that these guys are obviously really loving good at this game, but the combo of the run that absolutely destroyed this game last year and it also being over an hour long is kinda killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
I think I just slept through 20 minutes of this.

• Locked thread