Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
One time at a party I met a girl who said she hated Mel Brooks movies. I was pretty shocked because how could you not love Mel Brooks? You would have to be an anti-Semite in space.

Okay, fine, so Dracula: Dead and Loving It is painfully unfunny but how could you not love Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles or History of the World pt. 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

As far as he and we know, Luke is it. I didn't give a second thought to there being more Jedi or Sith or whatever until I started reading the Star Wars books as a stupid preteen. Kinda takes away the power of the purge when the galaxy is rotten with Jedi that escaped.

Which is why it's so goddamn dumb that the prequels had about a division's worth of Jedi wandering around a galaxy. A galaxy!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

One time at a party I met a girl who said she hated Mel Brooks movies. I was pretty shocked because how could you not love Mel Brooks? You would have to be an anti-Semite in space.

Okay, fine, so Dracula: Dead and Loving It is painfully unfunny but how could you not love Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles or History of the World pt. 1

Mel Brooks is a WWII vet who's won an Emmy, a Grammy, a Tony, and an Oscar. To hate his work is to hate America.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Spaceballs is really, really bad. Yeah it was pretty neat to watch a star wars parody as a kid, but if you've rewatched it as an adult and still enjoy it, I'm happy for you but I just don't see it.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Tender Bender posted:

Spaceballs is really, really bad. Yeah it was pretty neat to watch a star wars parody as a kid, but if you've rewatched it as an adult and still enjoy it, I'm happy for you but I just don't see it.

Honestly Young Frankenstein is probably the only Mel Brooks film that didn't really age for me even after I became an adult.

Oh, and the last part of this scene still cracks me up.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 5, 2015

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Tender Bender posted:

Hmm, I guess it has been about a million years since I actually watched Spaceballs. I wonder how it'd hold up to another viewing today, for me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I dunno I think Spaceballs was pretty funny.

- a poster on a comedy forum

The thing with Star Wars parodies is that they are so done to death that Star Wars has probably been spoofed more than anything else ever. So it's really, really hard to make a funny Star Wars parody these days. Stuff like Spaceballs and Hardware Wars were made before the joke got stale. Troops was pretty funny, but that was also made like 15 years ago as well

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

the mad magazine version of star wars is better than the EU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

People posting serious about EU stuff in this thread get all my cringes now.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno I think Spaceballs was pretty funny.

- a poster on a comedy forum

The thing with Star Wars parodies is that they are so done to death that Star Wars has probably been spoofed more than anything else ever. So it's really, really hard to make a funny Star Wars parody these days. Stuff like Spaceballs and Hardware Wars were made before the joke got stale. Troops was pretty funny, but that was also made like 15 years ago as well

Star Wars is basically self-parodying at this point

Teh Haxxor

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Everyone remembers Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein, but I think that Brooks's adaptation of The Twelve Chairs was legit great and better than the book. Ron Moody and young Frank Langella are great together.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

you guys ever think about fictional characters genitals? like luke skywalker has a dick and balls and he probably had to jerk off at some point during the story and that's weird to think about or that they all had to take a poo poo somewhere along the line... just stuff i think about...

like the emperor is sitting there in his chair being all evil giving a speech, but he's got a dick too and it's probably flaccid and that's weird to me...

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

david... posted:

you guys ever think about fictional characters genitals? like luke skywalker has a dick and balls and he probably had to jerk off at some point during the story and that's weird to think about or that they all had to take a poo poo somewhere along the line... just stuff i think about...

like the emperor is sitting there in his chair being all evil giving a speech, but he's got a dick too and it's probably flaccid and that's weird to me...

they're not human. who is to say that luke/han/leia even have a dick and balls?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Calico Heart posted:

they're not human. who is to say that luke/han/leia even have a dick and balls?

I'm sure there's a wookiepedia entry on genitals :suicide:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

beanieson posted:

I'm sure there's a wookiepedia entry on genitals :suicide:

They do quantify aliens by their ability to breed with humans, for example Twi'leks are considered near humans despite having brains in floppy tentacles since they're cross fertile, even with clones.

The clone trooper whose life was saved by the loving family had a hard time coming to a decision on whether or not to report the deserter clone dad for execution.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They do quantify aliens by their ability to breed with humans, for example Twi'leks are considered near humans despite having brains in floppy tentacles since they're cross fertile, even with clones.

The clone trooper whose life was saved by the loving family had a hard time coming to a decision on whether or not to report the deserter clone dad for execution.

Actually, those kids aren't the Clone's. He's their adoptive father but their real dad was also a human, because even the writers of Clone Wars weren't stupid enough to think that they could get away with a Clone deserter having two kids when he's only been missing from army service for six months.

Also, that episode was set in Space Quebec which is why the Twilek mother sounded like an illiterate chucklefuck.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

david... posted:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You guys dissing Spaceballs... I don't even know what to say. It was the cinematic version of this thread almost 30 years earlier.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

we aiiin't found poo poo.

i once watched it with the french language track on a lark and the joke translates really badly. "can we have a regular comb?"

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

canon

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

david... posted:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/pQwTQwG.jpg :nws:

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 6, 2015

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
The 80s were loving weird man

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

A big part of me wishes the new canon wouldn't do anything with Boba Fett other than put in an explicit line about him being dead as gently caress. The tears would be too good.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

A big part of me wishes the new canon wouldn't do anything with Boba Fett other than put in an explicit line about him being dead as gently caress. The tears would be too good.

Same.

...not gonna happen though

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Same.

...not gonna happen though

It's really too bad, because there's still room to tell all sorts of fun stories about him before he died, and room for maybe a descendant to take up his armor again (if it wasn't digested) in a film sequel. Darth Vader is a cool character and he died; it should be ok that Boba Fett died. But no.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

david... posted:

It might shock you to find out

Almost everyone you meet has genitals :wth:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its being reported that Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman have all joined the cast for The Force Awakens. Meaning that the fight scenes are about to get sick as hell.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Its being reported that Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman have all joined the cast for The Force Awakens. Meaning that the fight scenes are about to get sick as hell.

I've already made the jokes that they should change the subtitle to "Lightsaber Stab-And-Drag" and "Force Pushed Into Hard Corners".

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheKingslayer posted:

I don't even get why he's a thing. Is it because of the toys? I saw the movies after the craze had petered out in the 80s, so to me he was just the dumb rear end in a top hat with the stupid costume who gotten eaten by a planet's anus

Then again, even Chewbacca's flea issue has a whole mythology around it, so who is shocked by anything anymore

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Were his fleas force-sensitive?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

It might shock you to find out

Almost everyone you meet has genitals :wth:

yeah it makes me laugh all the time

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

I don't even get why he's a thing. Is it because of the toys? I saw the movies after the craze had petered out in the 80s, so to me he was just the dumb rear end in a top hat with the stupid costume who gotten eaten by a planet's anus

Then again, even Chewbacca's flea issue has a whole mythology around it, so who is shocked by anything anymore

He stands there. Shoots at Luke about four times and is then killed by a blind man with a stick. This is two movies with of Fett.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Were his fleas force-sensitive?

Wookiepedia posted:

This community of "flounds" living peacefully in Chewbacca's fur developed a symbiotic relationship with him. In addition to keeping his fur clean and dry, they achieved a sort of higher group conscience mind and shared their own observations and feelings with Chewbacca telepathically.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

stop being so goony it's because he looked cool, had a jetpack and was mysterious

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

david... posted:

it's because he was mysteriously bad at his job

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

No. It cant be real.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

No. It cant be real.

No, I just made it up, but I feel like I missed my calling

Is there still time to be a sub-average EU writer?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

I've already made the jokes that they should change the subtitle to "Lightsaber Stab-And-Drag" and "Force Pushed Into Hard Corners".

Just waiting for someone to edit the kitchen scene to change the knives to lightsabers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

david... posted:

you guys ever think about fictional characters genitals? like luke skywalker

Flapping around gently in the bacta tank.
Leia admiring how big it is.
Han saying the tank glass magnifies things.

• Locked thread