Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Woolie Wool posted:

For 4.0.0 the mind control spell seems to have been removed but an MCM function called Force Recruit did the trick. Now he's an armored dog! I can't teach him spells though because he has zero magicka.

Could you give him something with +magicka and then teach him spells? Or if you can't give him an enchanted item do followers drink buff potions? You might be able to make a healing and +magicka buff and he should drink it when he takes some damage. Hopefully then you can get a magic armored dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I keep having this issue with OneTweak where every so often my cursor will leave the game. That is, it'll appear over the game screen (keep in mind this is borderless windowed), as if I alt-tabbed away from it, without focus shifting to another program. I'm running the game through MO and using the SKSE launcher and everything. This only started happening recently and I have no idea what's causing it.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Wanted to showcase a mod that's listed on page 1, but I glossed over it way back when, and reeeeeally wish I had checked it out sooner...
Konahriks Accoutrements adds some drat good rewards for slaying the dragon priests around, as well as a quest to become the Konahrik, or warlord. When you kill a priest, they drop their mask as usual, but also some cursed gear (robes, gloves, and boots). Using a new cleansing scroll/spell on them unlocks their enchantments (different for each priest) and let you wear them. Here's my guy wearing Zahkriisos' full set:

Mask: Increases Shock Resistance by 50% and Shock spell damage by 25%
Boots: Shock spells cost 15% less to cast and Shock Runes are twice as powerful
Gloves: Shock spells cost 15% less to cast and damage Magicka equivalent to Health
Robes: Shock spells cost 20% less to cast. While wearing full Zahkriisos armor, the wearer is surrounded by a wall of lightning, damaging nearby enemies

I'm having way too much fun with shock runes now...
Each set has different abilities, the gloves/boots are armored. Robes are clock, but can be remade into an armored version as well. Here's more:

Have them displayed in the Jaggarsfeld trophy hall as I obtain them.

You can also create your own sets: steel, ebony, stalhrim, etc. The Heart Stone set looks badass.
Also by the author is Dragon Priests Enhanced, which makes the priest battles themselves more unique, giving each priest a different spell/staff/ability.
Gonna have to go over page 1 again to see what else I've missed.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

LtSmash posted:

Could you give him something with +magicka and then teach him spells? Or if you can't give him an enchanted item do followers drink buff potions? You might be able to make a healing and +magicka buff and he should drink it when he takes some damage. Hopefully then you can get a magic armored dog!

I gave him a magicka circlet and he has magicka now. I haven't yet seen him cast a spell, but there's not a whole lot he could do with only 50 magicka.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

That mod also has an addon for the dragonborn museum. for those who have it. So you can collect all the robes and masks, and display them.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I would spend another :20bux: just for a 64-bit version of Skyrim, $30 if it uses 16 bits for the load order instead of 8 (so you have 65,536 available plugin slots instead of 256).

Do you need multiple words of Whirlwind Sprint to complete the Kyne's Fire challenge in Thunderchild? I end up losing the fire as soon as High Hrothgar comes into view.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 4, 2015

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Regarding Skyrim GEMS: the link in the OP doesn't work because you have to use exactly https://skyrimgems.com for the URL; https://www.skyrimgems.com does not work anymore.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Woolie Wool posted:

I would spend another :20bux: just for a 64-bit version of Skyrim, $30 if it uses 16 bits for the load order instead of 8 (so you have 65,536 available plugin slots instead of 256).

Do you need multiple words of Whirlwind Sprint to complete the Kyne's Fire challenge in Thunderchild? I end up losing the fire as soon as High Hrothgar comes into view.

No, but you need to be sprinting anytime (you get infinite stamina while you have the fire, or at least superfast regen) you're not using whirlwind sprint, and time your whirlwind sprints for maximum effectiveness. I've done it a couple of times with only one word. It's tough but doable.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Wanted to showcase a mod that's listed on page 1, but I glossed over it way back when, and reeeeeally wish I had checked it out sooner...
Konahriks Accoutrements adds some drat good rewards for slaying the dragon priests around, as well as a quest to become the Konahrik, or warlord. When you kill a priest, they drop their mask as usual, but also some cursed gear (robes, gloves, and boots). Using a new cleansing scroll/spell on them unlocks their enchantments (different for each priest) and let you wear them. Here's my guy wearing

I'm using that one. As a companion to it, I'd also recommend Apophysis Dragon Priest textures. Makes the masks look baller as hell. Especially the Konahrik mask.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15052/

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

No, but you need to be sprinting anytime (you get infinite stamina while you have the fire, or at least superfast regen) you're not using whirlwind sprint, and time your whirlwind sprints for maximum effectiveness. I've done it a couple of times with only one word. It's tough but doable.

I was already trying that but I guess I suck at timing my shouts/not running into things. I sitll don't get how you're supposed to get the jump off a ledge one, because the minimum height appears to be well above the height at which you take fatal fall damage (and Kyne apparently knows if you have god mode on!).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

It used to be really easy to cheese this challenge with the old Apocalypse spell pack with that one speed increase spell. Just pop a fortify Alteration potion, cast Impetus, and bolt the way up.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Woolie Wool posted:

I was already trying that but I guess I suck at timing my shouts/not running into things. I sitll don't get how you're supposed to get the jump off a ledge one, because the minimum height appears to be well above the height at which you take fatal fall damage (and Kyne apparently knows if you have god mode on!).

You can become temporarily invincible with the "become ethereal" shout.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Woolie Wool posted:

If you do it from a sufficient height, Kyne will teleport you back up before you die. The trigger is quite slow though, so you need some extra distance after the quest completes.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can become temporarily invincible with the "become ethereal" shout.

You need a shout (Whirlwind Sprint) to jump off the ledge and trigger it so you'd end up losing your invulnerability while recharging to do Whirlwind Sprint.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm going to mention a hilarious mod I found that I absolutely love now. The Gemstone Collector adds in a bunch of real world gems and minerals as well as armor and weapons made from them. Most of them are pretty badly textured, but they have item descriptions that are weird science facts about the rocks which is basically the sole reason I have it. I take a great joy in opening a box, finding a horrible neon sword that tells me some weird tidbit about uranium and magma temperatures or something.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Kilroy posted:

While we're on the subject of the OP, I'll mention DynDOLOD again for anyone who hasn't got it or heard about it.

It's still in beta, still has some kinks that need to be worked out (and one of the bigger ones will probably take a while to fix), and installing it is a pretty elaborate process, but once you get it working it is *loving awesome*.

Here again are the images I posted earlier in the thread. These are all uGridsToLoad=5 (default):

I'm having a real gently caress of a time trying to make this work out right. Mostly because I have Skyrim Flora Overhaul. I might just chuck that poo poo.

But god drat it, those pictures look so good.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
So I want to re-roll a new character who is extremely crafting-centric (Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting). Obviously with vanilla Skyrim that's a death sentence for your char unless you also have some good combat skills and don't over level the crafting, but can this be made viable with mods? I have SPERG already but anything that a) makes it easier to play a crafting/non-combat-focused character and b) makes crafting more fun/rewarding would be appreciated.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

OSheaman posted:

So I want to re-roll a new character who is extremely crafting-centric (Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting). Obviously with vanilla Skyrim that's a death sentence for your char unless you also have some good combat skills and don't over level the crafting, but can this be made viable with mods? I have SPERG already but anything that a) makes it easier to play a crafting/non-combat-focused character and b) makes crafting more fun/rewarding would be appreciated.

The cool thing about Skyrim on PC is that you can use the Community Uncapper to make it so that leveling any crafting skill doesn't affect your overall level, which means you can go for all three craft skills and still have a fighting chance as long as you level up combat skills.

That was the first thing I did when I got my hands on the Community Uncapper, I tweaked all of the skills so that only direct combat skills would be major contributors to my overall level. Stuff like Speech, Crafting, and Pickpocket/Lockpick got relegated to second/third tier.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

OSheaman posted:

Why not just get a good follower mod and find a few followers who can do all the killing for you? They'd benefit from your crafting and you'd be able to keep your hands clean, so to speak, and it'd make crafting more rewarding because you could play Barbie dress-up with multiple characters instead of one.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

kedo posted:

Why not just get a good follower mod and find a few followers who can do all the killing for you? They'd benefit from your crafting and you'd be able to keep your hands clean, so to speak, and it'd make crafting more rewarding because you could play Barbie dress-up with multiple characters instead of one.

Pro Dragonborns run with a posse of scantily clad waifus with soulless eyes, if nexus is to be believed.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Has anyone ever made a mod that adds a rudimentary percent complete to the stats menu? I know with radiant quests and mods, "completion" can be debatable. But some sort of progress calculator for non-radiant quests/locations discovered/whatever for number nerds would be cool.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Pro Dragonborns run with a posse of scantily clad waifus with soulless eyes, if nexus is to be believed.
I'm sure the game's pathfinding absolutely loves that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

OSheaman posted:

When I last did vanilla skyrim, i went full retard on the crafting and it was far from being a death sentence. Make sure to keep your armor and weapons in top conditions and have the best gear you can craft+enchant and you shouldn't have that much trouble.
For crafting, there's quite a bunch of mods that adds more crafting. Check the op for a list and link.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

The only thing that will make crafting a death sentence is if you just go nuts and do an extremely unfun long grinding session and knock it out at once. As long as you are going out and completing quests and collecting ingredients and just doing your smithing/enchanting/alchemy as you go you shouldn't have any real problems. It's also way more fun.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Grinding crafting means you can have ebony gear with improvements and enchantments at level 18. :getin:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Well someone has to craft those Ebony Nighties and Daedric G-Strings.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

So since this thread has been good on specific mod requests, I have another one.

I enjoy using the dawnbreaker to smack Draugs and make them explode, but the force of the explosion knocks poo poo around and it's annoying to scan the ground for loot. Is there a mod that removes the physical force from the explosion?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
With crafting and level scaling, why not just adjust difficulty mid game? IIRC, all it affects is damage scaling against the player. Adjust it downward until its no longer impossible and raise it when you feel things are getting too easy.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Hey, one other thing: I'm getting the brawl bug (brawls cause bounties/can't finish fights) and I'm not sure what mod is doing it. Any ideas?

Skyrim.esm
    Update.esm
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    Dawnguard.esm
    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    HearthFires.esm
    Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    Dragonborn.esm
    Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    Falskaar.esm
    SPERG.esm
    Uncle Sheo.esp
    SkyUI.esp
    Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
    Bounty Gold.esp
    dragonaspectredone.esp
    Brawl Bugs CE.esp
    Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
    Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
    Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
    TheChoiceIsYours.esp
    Run For Your Lives.esp
    RiversideLodge.esp
    Hideout_HF_Main.esp
    BooksOfSkyrim.esp
    Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
    Apocalypse - More Apocalypse.esp
    Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
    TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
    Ish's Souls to Perks.esp
    Unique Uniques.esp
    SPERG.esp
    TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp
    When Vampires Attack.esp

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's basically how I've played my current character. I used Uncapper to remove all crafting from affecting overall character level and also used whichever option that lets you adjust how much of a multiplier you get at specific skill levels -- I can barely understand what I'm doing there but somehow managed to make it so it only takes a few uses to run alchemy/smithing/enchanting up to 100 to avoid all grinding because gently caress that poo poo after this many times through it. Once it hits 100, skill-ups go back to normal (or actually less than normal, I set it to take a lot longer to improve for 100+). This character is a mage that I wanted to keep pretty squishy so I'm only using gloves & boots for armor and mostly using smithing to beef up my followers, who early on did most of the fighting and hit-taking and damage-dealing and are still my character's primary line of defense. With alchemy maxed, I usually keep a few different strengths of various potions on hand so I'll have like the regular strength stuff that's just for normal battles and then have a few extra-strength oh-poo poo potions made with enchanted equipment for when things get really out of hand. I'm also using a modified setting closer to SPERG default but not quite so that I get a perk point every 1.5 levels or something like that so I'm not completely shorting myself points like the default setting but aren't busting them out every level either. I don't use Auto Perk because I'm pretty selective for ~role-playing~ reasons on what perks to use, so there's also a little manual gimping happening there by skipping a few that reduce costs or whatever.

As the character built better magic skills and could actually start dishing out some pain, I adjusted the difficulty upwards gradually as things started feeling too easy. I'm also using SkyTweak and Skyrim Immersive Creatures with High Level Enemies (this is all off the top of my head so sorry if any of the mod names aren't correct) to make enemies more dangerous, so it's still fairly challenging and having more than like 2-3 dudes in a room or if I get separated from my posse and have to take on a couple of guys alone is pretty exciting. Leveling slower by excluding all the crafting and most of the other non-combat skills has really stretched out that portion of the game I find the most engaging when you aren't quite to your endgame god-tier level yet and still have to pay attention to what you're doing and use a little strategy but aren't such a weak baby that it's more frustrating than fun.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 5, 2015

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

OSheaman posted:

Hey, one other thing: I'm getting the brawl bug (brawls cause bounties/can't finish fights) and I'm not sure what mod is doing it. Any ideas?

I have a similar load order to this and can't brawl and it's driving me crazy. SPERG brawl mode and/or the brawl bug patch don't seem to do anything.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well, you could carefully, one by one, check each mod you're using to figure out which arcane script interaction is causing it.

Or you could just install the motherfuckin' Brawl Bugs Cheat Patch and get back to having fun. This patch simply makes it so you can do anything in brawls without it turning into a real battle. Note: I didn't make this, I just rescued it from an obscure mediafire link, but I swear by it now.

You need to install it over the standard Brawl Bugs Patch.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I'm going to mention a hilarious mod I found that I absolutely love now. The Gemstone Collector adds in a bunch of real world gems and minerals as well as armor and weapons made from them. Most of them are pretty badly textured, but they have item descriptions that are weird science facts about the rocks which is basically the sole reason I have it. I take a great joy in opening a box, finding a horrible neon sword that tells me some weird tidbit about uranium and magma temperatures or something.

I LOVE THE DESCRIPTION BECAUSE CAPS LOCK AND MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS RULE!!!!

aahahaha

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, you could carefully, one by one, check each mod you're using to figure out which arcane script interaction is causing it.

Or you could just install the motherfuckin' Brawl Bugs Cheat Patch and get back to having fun. This patch simply makes it so you can do anything in brawls without it turning into a real battle. Note: I didn't make this, I just rescued it from an obscure mediafire link, but I swear by it now.

You need to install it over the standard Brawl Bugs Patch.

Beautiful, thank you!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tin Tim posted:

So since this thread has been good on specific mod requests, I have another one.

I enjoy using the dawnbreaker to smack Draugs and make them explode, but the force of the explosion knocks poo poo around and it's annoying to scan the ground for loot. Is there a mod that removes the physical force from the explosion?

There's something sorta similar in this Dawnbreaker enhancer thing: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22610/

There's a lot of enhancements to the blade to pick from, but there's also a "peaceful" explosion thing that's separate from the rest of it. It'll keep it from knocking poo poo around.

(I also like the version that adds in actual Dawnguard sun damage to the blade)

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 6, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nuebot posted:

Judging solely from the single user-submitted image, the gemstones themselves don't seem to look that awful in-game. I wouldn't want any of the other junk it adds but the gemstone-only version might be interesting if it didn't conflict with anything, but it looks like even that version has some sort of mining script in it?

edit: ooooh I was also interested in something that took the physical blast off of Dawnbreaker because I love using it but hate picking up afterwards so it usually just sits on a weapon plaque.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 6, 2015

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

OSheaman posted:

No offense, but are you mental? That's like the holy trinity of skills for making a broken character. Ithink it was fixed a while ago, but in vanilla Skyrim you used to be able to..

Make an improve enchanting potion. Drink
Enchant some improve alchemy gear. Equip.
Make a better improve enchanting potion. Drink.
Enchant some better improve alchemy gear. Equip.
Make a betterer improve enchanting potion. Drink.
etc.

Eventually you get ridiculously strong improve smithing potions and can temper weapons up to 5,000 damage or so. This is also why a number of mods remove those enchanting/potion affects and replace them with others.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh boy EnaiSiaion released his THIRD racial overhaul mod.

Imperious - Races of Skyrim

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Buried alive posted:

No offense, but are you mental? That's like the holy trinity of skills for making a broken character. Ithink it was fixed a while ago, but in vanilla Skyrim you used to be able to..

etc.

Eventually you get ridiculously strong improve smithing potions and can temper weapons up to 5,000 damage or so. This is also why a number of mods remove those enchanting/potion affects and replace them with others.

I remember watching a Morrowind speedrun that involved this exploit, except the runner made a crazy strong levitate potion and flew to the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Buried alive posted:

etc.

Yeah I meant without using that exploit and actually leveling the skills.

• Locked thread