Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
drat this guy has no friends and they won't even let Iceplug keep him company. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I had no idea there was a Source port version of Quake II. :psyduck:

Also this camera angle is extremely off.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

First a smaller crowd view, now none at all! This is the worst AGDQ ever and I want my donation money back.

But seriously I think they have a thing about not touching any hardware during runs just in case so I think we're stuck with this view for the run.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Cerebulon posted:

Apparently banning costumes, signs, dolls and 'grandstanding' (Which is kind of a shame for entirely different reasons) is because the organiser is being Politically Correct and a "SJW nutjob" and is trying to stop Gamers from being Gamers. These are actual things people have said.

I'm personally not going to miss that guy who had his waifu sitting on his lap for 3 days straight on stream.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Bholder posted:

Oh boy the Quake everybody hates because it's not Quake I.

E:
"Computer updated"

PRESS F1 PLEASE!

Doesn't help that this game is a lot slower than Dark Forces

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Diddie posted:

Ah, at the point where you shotgun boost a Strog upwards so you can crawl under it to avoid combat it's still entertaining. And the guy doesn't do a terrible job commenting while playing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This run is kind of fast but not Force Speed fast. :(

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If there's one good thing about these marathons, they do fix things where they can. It seems like every marathon people complain about the layout, and a few days in they change it to something more palatable (although this year's layout is pretty good to start with). I imagine they'll fix the runner cam for PC games eventually.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Kikas posted:

Ah, at the point where you shotgun boost a Strog upwards so you can crawl under it to avoid combat it's still entertaining. And the guy doesn't do a terrible job commenting while playing.

Yeah, I liked the sass about "yeah thanks john romero for putting this optional combat in this game".

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Diddie posted:

Yeah this is weird; did not expect Star Wars to make a Quake look slow.

Kikas posted:

Super baller move I don't think I've seen in any game ever.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think he said Carmack.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Kikas posted:

That and delaying the closing of a door by throwing ammo boxes under it.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

I had no idea there was a Source port version of Quake II. :psyduck:

Also this camera angle is extremely off.

Source as in the source of Quake 2 was released years ago and anyone who wants to can do stuff with it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is this guy really all alone there? I haven't heard any applause for the tricks he's pulling off.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Internet Kraken posted:

Is this guy really all alone there? I haven't heard any applause for the tricks he's pulling off.

I've heard some noise in the background but it might just be ambient.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

mycot posted:

That and delaying the closing of a door by throwing ammo boxes under it.

I didn't even knew that ammo boxes can explode.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Internet Kraken posted:

You can probably count on one hand the number of people there who have played Quake 2, let alone finished or know anything about running it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

jerkstoresup posted:

You can probably count on one hand the number of people there who have played Quake 2, let alone finished or know anything about running it.

That's the only real issue. This looks impressive but not near as many people know this like Quake 1 which is pretty much what even made speed running a thing :v:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'm one of those people who has played Quake 2 through to completion multiple times when I was younger. It's been pretty nice to see this run.

MCXD
Nov 12, 2008
I haven't played Quake 1 or 2 and am still thoroughly enjoying it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that big gently caress off CRT TV is definitely a stream enhancement

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
every run for the rest of the night is good

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I hope he shows the secret credits area at the end.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And I'm now reminded why I don't play twitch FPS anymore. I've inherited my dad's inability to watch jerky viewframes without feeling nauseous. :(

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I don't remember 'THE END' but I only had the PS1 version.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Nice time on that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wonder how long its gonna take for you guys to hate the Battleblock run because it goes on for almost 3 hours.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Wonder how long its gonna take for you guys to hate the Battleblock run because it goes on for almost 3 hours.

If someone hates it I know they hate fun because that run is amazing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Time for the King :getin:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Battle block is also pretty fun

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
All right they got some crowd into the shot.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So which version of Duke Nukem 3D we are getting?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Internet Kraken posted:

battleblock isn't the speedrun equivalent of watching nascar so this is a really poo poo comparison

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
BattleBlock Theater owns.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

They sorta fixed the camera. It's a little more zoomed out but they should fix it some more.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I've never even heard of Battle block, what is it?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh you can look up and down in this one. FAKE!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there you go, some audience hype yells

agdq is saved

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

I'm personally not going to miss that guy who had his waifu sitting on his lap for 3 days straight on stream.

do not disrespect the touhou plushies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Fakename posted:

I've never even heard of Battle block, what is it?

its a good platformer on steam

its also fun

• Locked thread