Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mard Geer's comment about "coming to" Earthland is interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

What about him wanting to kill all the other humans because he considers them evil, though? Which is especially silly because it's not like the demons are any better.

Edit: Or did he only want to kill all humans in psycho mode? I thought that was actually his goal when he was "good", while the "evil" Zeref wanted to do basically the same thing with even less of a reason, but I don't really remember.

He explained it well. When he cares about life he can't control his magic and it kills everything around him at random. He still wants to die to prevent him from killing those around him and because he still dislikes being Immortal. When Zeref does not care about life he can control his magic. After that he left his exile and decided to kill all humans. The Demons were created by him to kill and slaughter back during his I don't care about life phase. He made them like that. However while he wants humanity to die, he still wants to die as well and as explained by Mard Geer this chapter all Demons want to return to him and kill him even if they don't know it.

Anyway from the interaction with Natsu Zeref and Igneel have had. I am going to take a guess that Natsu is END.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Is this gonna be like the Hades fight where Laxus teaming up with Natsu meant giving Natsu all his powers :(

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I never thought I'd think to myself "God Fairy Tail is just taking too loving long"

Seriously, get it done guys, bored now

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Simoom posted:

Is this gonna be like the Hades fight where Laxus teaming up with Natsu meant giving Natsu all his powers :(

That did not even let him beat Hades and that worked because they were both Dragon Slayers. This looks like it's going to be like the Laxus fight with Grey and Natsu instead of Natsu and Gajeel.

Anyway is it just me or does Marde in his true form look exactly like a humanoid Acnologia.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Did we ever see Acnologia in human form?

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Just a silhouette.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also RIP Igneel you're so going to die.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Hey look, its a new issue of Mary Sue Shoujo Tail! - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail-blue-mistral/1

so many flowers...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Maybe I'm just blanking a bit on Wendy, but her personality in this seems a bit different to her normal one in the manga. A lot more of a scaredy cat than I recall her normally being for one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mashima gave us stats for the Members of Tartarus.

攻撃: Attack
防御: Defense
速さ: Speed
知性: Intelligence
呪力: Curse power

I don't know what the rest of the stuff means other then HP probably being their stamina.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

So basically Grey's dad was one of the three people in their guild actually worth a drat haha.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Seeing HP on those makes me wish Fairy Tail would get a good video game that wasn't on a handheld...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

So basically Grey's dad was one of the three people in their guild actually worth a drat haha.

Well Keyes has really high Curse power and could shut down Silver whenever he wanted. The rest were still fairly impressive. I also doubt it takes things into account like Franmalths Souls.

Plus Torafusa has pretty impressive stats and would have killed all the fairy tail members he was fighting had Levy not shown up and given Gajeel air.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 17, 2014

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Fairy Tail Zero Chapter 5:

So is Zeira confirmed alive now, or is she just a really, really, complicated illusion that Mavis doesn't even realize she's projecting? I still don't think she's been directly acknowledged by anyone and that scene with Yuriy when Mavis introduced her still feels fishy. I think one of the guys said "couple of brats" in the last chapter but he could have been humoring her I guess?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Zogundar posted:

Fairy Tail Zero Chapter 5:

So is Zeira confirmed alive now, or is she just a really, really, complicated illusion that Mavis doesn't even realize she's projecting? I still don't think she's been directly acknowledged by anyone and that scene with Yuriy when Mavis introduced her still feels fishy. I think one of the guys said "couple of brats" in the last chapter but he could have been humoring her I guess?

One of the "unreliable brats" might be Yuriy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Chapter

It appears Marde just erased Natsu and Gray from existence. While they will likely be brought back somehow it is interesting that Marde straight up won his fight.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter.

Summation: "Neat!"

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

New Chapter.

Summation: "Neat!"

Dat rear end shot. Also :black101: Igneeeel :black101:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I had stopped looking at this series for a while because of the :rolleyes: levels of fanservice needed to apparently keep Japanese people reading it but Mashima is really good at drawing kickass dragons.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 8, 2014

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
After all this dragon-wanking is over I hope Mavis weaponry and non dragon slayers will still show up

Also, the inevitable Natsu vs. Gray fight set-up :rolleyes:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

pinegala posted:

After all this dragon-wanking is over I hope Mavis weaponry and non dragon slayers will still show up

Also, the inevitable Natsu vs. Gray fight set-up :rolleyes:

Don't you mean END Vs. Gray? :ohdear:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Bernardo Orel posted:

Dat rear end shot. Also :black101: Igneeeel :black101:
gently caress yeah this. Was not expecting it. :20: says it will come back though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fanservice gripes aside, Mashima does not disappoint when it comes to drawing some loving rad dragons.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I don't care how stupid 90% of this manga gets, I'll keep reading for poo poo like pages 15 and 16. What an entrance.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

:black101::(:black101:

What is this stop the dragofication nonsense? Everybody should want to be a dragon. Characters should wish to look that cool.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That was sort of inevitable but it kind of seemed like Acnologia just... suddenly got the upper hand even though he'd been getting swatted around that whole time. Also drat it you can't just wander off without showing what END is. I guess we've got the other dragons to maybe explain why it's important to just take END and not destroy it though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Its Fairy Tail.

Literally nobody dies.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 5, 2015

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Angry Grimace posted:

Its Fairy Tail.

Literally nobody dies.

And Acnologia will be a member of Fairy Tail within 100 chapters. FRIENDSHIP.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Avulsion posted:

And Acnologia will be a member of Fairy Tail within 100 chapters. FRIENDSHIP.

I'd be totally okay with them gaining a rad dragon buddy.

Except it will turn out that Acnologia reverts to human form and is a lady with big boobs.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Zeref is one of the blandest villains I've ever seen. Everything about him is boring; design, mannerisms, the nonsense foreshadowing-talk he spews, he's just *awful.*

Right? Am I crazy?

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Rodyle posted:

That was sort of inevitable but it kind of seemed like Acnologia just... suddenly got the upper hand even though he'd been getting swatted around that whole time. Also drat it you can't just wander off without showing what END is. I guess we've got the other dragons to maybe explain why it's important to just take END and not destroy it though.

Eh, I think that was more Igneel getting increasingly desperate/reckless than actually coming close to defeating him. It got some results but this is the price for them. You could tell early on he was outmatched when his "let's nuke the page" attacks had no effect.

Agree about END though. I guess having him come out and having another fight without developing his character at all would be awkward and it's pretty late into the arc.

Nilbop posted:

Zeref is one of the blandest villains I've ever seen. Everything about him is boring; design, mannerisms, the nonsense foreshadowing-talk he spews, he's just *awful.*

Right? Am I crazy?

I was secretly agreeing with you in the Bleach thread before but I must unsecretly disagree with you here. :( I like the reverse-Voldemort thing he's got going on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zogundar posted:

Eh, I think that was more Igneel getting increasingly desperate/reckless than actually coming close to defeating him. It got some results but this is the price for them. You could tell early on he was outmatched when his "let's nuke the page" attacks had no effect.

Agree about END though. I guess having him come out and having another fight without developing his character at all would be awkward and it's pretty late into the arc.

I just wanted to see what he looks like.

As far as Zeref goes, I think his design is fine and the motive fair enough (though the only explicit explanation comes from Mark Geer, who I don't think is credible). Thing is we've no real idea what his goals are and the glimpses of his personality we get are few and inconsistent.

What I bet is that Zero will explain exactly how Zeref fits in with everything else beyond being a vague cause. Hades, Treeman, and Mavis/Makarov probably disagreed on how to deal with him and split up for that reason or something. He's probably the person they meet in the next Zero chapter!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Angry Grimace posted:

Its Fairy Tail.

Literally nobody dies.

Except for Simon, Rob, Ur, Doldoria, Zancrow, Zoldeo, Azuma, Ultear, Hades, Lahar, Gran Doma, Elg, the rest of the magic council, Crawford, Future Lucy, Ezel, Maybe Tempesta and Jackel, Kyouka, Keyes, Silver and as of this chapter Mard Geer and Igneel.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Except for Simon, Rob, Ur, Doldoria, Zancrow, Zoldeo, Azuma, Ultear, Hades, Lahar, Gran Doma, Elg, the rest of the magic council, Crawford, Future Lucy, Ezel, Maybe Tempesta and Jackel, Kyouka, Keyes, Silver and as of this chapter Mard Geer and Igneel.

ultear is technically alive, though extremely old.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I had forgotten about Future Lucy. I had forgotten about that whole arc. thanks, dude.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Flashbacks and alternate timelines don't count, man.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Zeref has done basically fuckall besides show up and scare everyone repeatedly, and hint that he is bummed out about his weird deathcursepowerthing and that he knows Natsu well somehow. It's annoying. Legendary evil mage that apparently no one is willing to explain the loving legend of.

Future Lucy's death was actually really sad because you see her being greeted by all of the rest of the dead future Fairy Tail members then you realize that future disappeared or something or the main cast is alive anyway so w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Still waiting to see if the Zeref=Romeo sent back in time(the kid in Fairy Tail) theory turns out to be true.

• Locked thread