Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I don't really understand what is going on in the game, but the commentary is fun.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Critical posted:

Watch the poo poo you like and don't watch the poo poo you don't you loving dweebs.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

MVP posted:

AH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!

this run is hilarious and zany :laugh:

Yes.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Critical posted:

Watch the poo poo you like and don't watch the poo poo you don't you loving dweebs.

This doesn't work when you consider that Time of Day is a thing. Not everyone wants to stay up to 3am for something cool while they put on Critically Acclaimed Batman Arkham Asylum 100% 3 hour run on at like 5pm.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

You aren't?

No, I'm not. lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My favorite 100% run is Kirby super star great treasure hunt

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

The Ferret King posted:

I don't really understand what is going on in the game, but the commentary is fun.

He's just made no one like the F-Zero runs earlier, but we're having fun now.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

This doesn't work when you consider that Time of Day is a thing. Not everyone wants to stay up to 3am for something cool while they put on Critically Acclaimed Batman Arkham Asylum 100% 3 hour run on at like 5pm.

:qq:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dias posted:

Mischief Makers is close enough, it also involves shaking.

*shake shake*

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dash O Pepper posted:

then wait uintil the next day and watch whatever is on then, it's a 7 day marathon

if your time is so precious that a 2 hour run of a game you don't like is the end of the world for you then you should take a fuckin long, hard look at your life and where it all went wrong

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Batman speedruns are good!!!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
"PInk pig shaped horses"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This game was at this time because of the dev commentary; many good games will have runs at weird times because it's a 24/7 marathon and that's just how things happen sometimes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No, I'm not. lol

are you even a gamer!!!!!!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So is the narrator drunk, or what?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

MVP posted:

AH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!

this run is hilarious and zany :laugh:

haha those losers having fun doing something they love for charity

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dash O Pepper posted:

Your 3AM runs are being ripped and uploaded to Youtube almost immediately. No one gives a gently caress about your run preference. Don't watch poo poo you don't want to watch.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sir Tonk posted:

So is the narrator drunk, or what?

Just quirky.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I like those pig-shaped pink horses.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Eonwe posted:

are you even a gamer!!!!!!!

:stonk:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
The devs and the runners have really good chemistry on this. Their commentary is great.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
why are the people who frequent the so-called "chill" forums the ones who have to loudly repeat how poo poo they think something is and how dumb they think everyone involved with it is

wouldn't the chill thing to do be to sit back and accept that other people enjoy something they don't and not harsh their vibe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dash O Pepper posted:

Also no Rareware games at all.

This is some dumb poo poo.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Dash O Pepper posted:

Holy poo poo, dude. There are a million links in this thread to YouTube and reddit for VoD stuff. Watch cool poo poo when you have time and ignore the rest. It's not hard to do.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Critical posted:

Your 3AM runs are being ripped and uploaded to Youtube almost immediately. No one gives a gently caress about your run preference. Don't watch poo poo you don't want to watch.

things are better live though? like the gimmick run from 2 ? years ago is still cool, but watching it live was objectively cooler and it was only like 15 mins :p. same goes for cosmo's oot run from i think the same year.

its more fun to participate while the runs are going on

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flatluigi posted:

This game was at this time because of the dev commentary; many good games will have runs at weird times because it's a 24/7 marathon and that's just how things happen sometimes

You can always VOD poo poo, it's what I did for other AGDQs.

President Ark posted:

why are the people who frequent the so-called "chill" forums the ones who have to loudly repeat how poo poo they think something is and how dumb they think everyone involved with it is

wouldn't the chill thing to do be to sit back and accept that other people enjoy something they don't and not harsh their vibe

Nah, cause then they might be chiller than you and you can't be the chill place if someone else is chiller.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dias posted:

Mischief Makers is close enough, it also involves shaking.

are they getting that ~*girl speedrunner*~ to commentate mischief makers again to coax more donations from nerds

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

biznatchio posted:

The devs and the runners have really good chemistry on this. Their commentary is great.

The game itself is pretty exceedingly mediocre but if nothing else this is an excellent example of good commentary, chemistry and energy making an otherwise meh run pretty drat enjoyable.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dragon enthusiast posted:

are they getting that ~*girl speedrunner*~ to commentate mischief makers again to coax more donations from nerds

Yeah, peaches is doing commentary.

(I don't have any idea who you're talking about)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sire Oblivion posted:

This is some dumb poo poo.

http://youtu.be/TuBi7KJtqKE

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Also poo poo is scheduled in regards to how much money it brings in, with totally awesome poo poo being a secondary requirement. Which is why a boring as gently caress marathon RPG run always ends so lonely nerds can donate shitloads of disposable income so they can name their waifus.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

President Ark posted:

it's nice to chill with your buddies and talk about how much those other people suck

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

President Ark posted:

Because those forums are, shockingly, not actually very chill.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

President Ark posted:

It actually mostly is but you've also got the people who use it to work out their sexual frustration by being overly aggressive assholes on the internet since its barely moderated.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

President Ark posted:

Because you aren't really chill unless you're constantly telling everyone how chill you are. It's like being vegan, or attending Crossfit.

Taking a short break from the stream to catch dinner, and almost wish I wasn't.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

things are better live though? like the gimmick run from 2 ? years ago is still cool, but watching it live was objectively cooler and it was only like 15 mins :p. same goes for cosmo's oot run from i think the same year.

its more fun to participate while the runs are going on

:qq:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dias posted:

Nah, cause then they might be chiller than you and you can't be the chill place if someone else is chiller.
i've found that the people who want video games to be taken less seriously are the ones who take video games the most seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

There should be less 100% runs and also they should probably cut down on filler a.k.a maybe make the marathon not a full week long.

• Locked thread