Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Jesus, you could all do with being a bit more chill and a bit less focused on what forums people post in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hey guys, this is fun. Remember that? Fun?

I guess not...:smith:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
"build onyx"

i have no idea what ya'll are bitching about this is delightful

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

There should be less 100% runs and also they should probably cut down on filler a.k.a maybe make the marathon not a full week long.

I'm actually genuinely curious at this point how you'd schedule SGDQ 2015 and what you feel should be cut and added.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Crain posted:

I'm entertained.

Nicely timed, narrator!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
"Do you want a medal?"

"Yeah do you have any?"

*medal pops up*

"Well there you go!"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am glad that Mecha Richter is not wearing a fedora. Nerds, please wear less fedoras

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Dash O Pepper posted:

There should be less 100% runs and also they should probably cut down on filler a.k.a maybe make the marathon not a full week long.

Filler still lets international viewers take part and donate to the special categories. What they need is better filler, but we really can't complain about this free entertainment that we can easily turn off when it gets boring.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I love that it's a week long except it's even longer than that because the last winter agdq had a bonus stream that went on for like another 5 days

if you're not a fan of whats currently on, watch some netflix or something, I recommend bobs burgers

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Zurreco posted:

Filler still lets international viewers take part and donate to the special categories. What they need is better filler, but we really can't complain about this free entertainment that we can easily turn off when it gets boring.

It's also dependent entirely on who volunteers and what times they can do/when they can be there. If some dude who can stream Awesome Cool Game can only be there for four hours one day out of the marathon, then they're gonna schedule that game for that time, even if it's at 6AM on a tuesday.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
What day are they doing the raffles again?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
who the gently caress said imp zone is supposed to be chill lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Why would they choose to make a charity marathon shorter.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Crain posted:

this is the worst agdq ever :c00l:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Marathon needs more Yoshi's Cookie

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Critical posted:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zurreco posted:

we really can't complain about this free entertainment that we can easily turn off when it gets boring.

look, i demand that every game run during the times i can watch match up exactly to my own tastes or i'm going to go on the internet and complain about it!!!!!!!!

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Al Borland posted:

"Do you want a medal?"

"Yeah do you have any?"

*medal pops up*

"Well there you go!"

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Zurreco posted:

I hadn't ocnsidered international viewers, you're right on that. And agreed on the better filler, whatever that may be. Like do we still really need 100% SMW/SM3 runs every year? SM3 was cool last year because of tasbot reprogramming but those games have kinda been beaten to death

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
These loving scum suckers are having a good loving time playing video games... Christ, this run sucks. loving really hate this lovely run where they are enjoying themselves and injecting energy into the event. I sure hope the next run is boring and stoic so I can complain about that too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cubey posted:

look, i demand that every game run during the times i can watch match up exactly to my own tastes or i'm going to go on the internet and complain about it!!!!!!!!

And then when people think I'm dumb for that I'll just go to another place to complain about those people. It's the beauty of the Internet, really.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Critical posted:

All mean bean machine

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dash O Pepper posted:

y?

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

lol the anger over blocks

Gamers are the worst.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Crotch Bat posted:

this is the worst agdq ever :c00l:

It is, but this parts good.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Bear Sleuth posted:

lol the anger over blocks

Gamers are the worst.

you don't understand if people are talking about enjoying something I don't like I have to go in there and tell them they're dumb and wrong otherwise people might think I like that thing too and then that's bad because

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Poultron posted:

These loving scum suckers are having a good loving time playing video games... Christ, this run sucks. loving really hate this lovely run where they are enjoying themselves and injecting energy into the event. I sure hope the next run is boring and stoic so I can complain about that too.

Im so sick of the audience actually looking happy and energetic. They need to go back to their zombified look immediately!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dash O Pepper posted:

I hadn't ocnsidered international viewers, you're right on that. And agreed on the better filler, whatever that may be. Like do we still really need 100% SMW/SM3 runs every year? SM3 was cool last year because of tasbot reprogramming but those games have kinda been beaten to death

poo poo like 100% SMW doesn't bother me because it requires more skill than a regular run. 100% runs where it's just padding the game out by collecting more things need to go.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
would stamper post in the imp zone

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dash O Pepper posted:

There's always someone new to the marathon and those games are very recognizable. I don't think we'll ever see a *GDQ without Mario and Zelda, for good reason.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Al Borland posted:

Im so sick of the audience actually looking happy and energetic. They need to go back to their zombified look immediately!

agreed, all runs must be exactly like diddy kong racing was, everyone loved that one

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Al Borland posted:

Yeah wasn't that the poo poo everyone was bitching about six hours ago?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Al Borland posted:

What day are they doing the raffles again?

well considering its been 6 months and no one has seen prizes from SGDQ...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah wasn't that the poo poo everyone was bitching about six hours ago?

Goons are impossible to please and someone on this site will hate anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
loving PJ with the SNES controller.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Al Borland posted:

Same dude.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Sir Tonk posted:

All mean bean machine

but mean bean is like a souless husk of true Puyo Puyo tsu rules.

basically they need more Puyo yoco windjammers critter crunch and Kirby's Dream course and less smash bros

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

SeXReX posted:

well considering its been 6 months and no one has seen prizes from SGDQ...

No one? That's pretty lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

who the gently caress said imp zone is supposed to be chill lol

An imp is a dirty, manic little creature. I wouldn't turn my back on one for a second.

• Locked thread