Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah I honestly can't think of anyone else that could possibly be a playable character other than Tingle and Skull Kid. Maybe that pirate captain lady, or Igos du Ikana but I think those are pretty unlikely (though they'd be cool).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Internet Kraken posted:

I will be really shocked if the two MM characters are anything other than Skull Kid and Tingle.

Apparently Aonuma said around release that he asked the developers to consider consider making other characters playable instead of Tingle but of course, this was around release and does not necessarily factor in dlc that exclusively cover his game of origin.
Also the fact that there's at least two files in the game hinting at Tingle. Skull Kid wearing Majora's Mask and Tingle seem like obvious choices to me. Either way I'm looking forward to what they'll reveal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I honestly can't think of anyone else that could possibly be a playable character other than Tingle and Skull Kid. Maybe that pirate captain lady, or Igos du Ikana but I think those are pretty unlikely (though they'd be cool).

If they could make make Agitha into a playable character they could definitely do the same with the Happy Mask Salesman. It would actually be really cool since they could base all his attacks on the different masks you see him carrying around.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i guess what i meant was i want the actual biggoron sword, as in i want them to give link a sword twice as tall as he is, no shield, just a massive loving broadsword

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
If the Majora's Mask DLC doesn't include
*Brand new character Fierce Link with Helix Sword

Then they missed such a huge opportunity. Tingle or Skull Kid is a given. I predict Tingle over Skull Kid since he can be wacky and unique. We sadly already have moon dropping action.

I want to play as Fierce Link and his beam sword that kills everything.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
As was said earlier, I would almost bet money that Fierce Deity Link will at best be a new costume.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
One of the characters I could see (but highly doubt) as a choice would be Kafei, mostly just because you actually had a chance to play as him in MM briefly. Even though all you did was push blocks with him, I'm sure they could come up with a fun moveset for him. And he could even wear the Keaton Mask, or maybe incorporate Keaton into his moves.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

As was said earlier, I would almost bet money that Fierce Deity Link will at best be a new costume.

I really don't think they'd just "costume" it to us. They did that in Smash Bros. for Wii U.

So far the Team Ninja people seem to really care about Hyrule Warriors. It basically is a big "love story" to the Zelda Series. I couldn't imagine them not making Fierce Deity Link his own character with his own attacks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd rather not see Link get even more weapons, personally.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The last thing I want is yet another weapon and costume for Link and if you want to use the helix sword then try out the master sword with full health, same thing.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Excels posted:

i guess what i meant was i want the actual biggoron sword, as in i want them to give link a sword twice as tall as he is, no shield, just a massive loving broadsword

See if you can pull off that equip other character's wepaon glitch with link weilding impa's sword.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Plasbad posted:

One of the characters I could see (but highly doubt) as a choice would be Kafei, mostly just because you actually had a chance to play as him in MM briefly. Even though all you did was push blocks with him, I'm sure they could come up with a fun moveset for him. And he could even wear the Keaton Mask, or maybe incorporate Keaton into his moves.

There's people who want young link so he can swap masks but I'll parrot till I'm blue in the face that Kafei should have that gimmick instead. Hit heavy attack and he puts on a random mask and is able to do a combo like the summoning gate as that transformation or something.

Also what files are hinting at Tingle?

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 6, 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've been on a hiatus from this game to play some others, but each day I can still tap all the amiibos, sell some of the weapons, and level Twilight Midna a little bit to catch up. It's pretty great.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Tengames posted:

See if you can pull off that equip other character's wepaon glitch with link weilding impa's sword.

they patched it out, sadly. (it can still happen to the enemy generals though)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Excels posted:

they patched it out, sadly.

Why would they do this. :(

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Why would they do this. :(

they saw link's sexy summon gate dance and it was too much for them

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i bet one of the new characters will be anju with a cuccoo moveset

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

a cartoon duck posted:

i bet one of the new characters will be anju with a cuccoo moveset

Kafei costume for Link, Anju costume for Zelda

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hyrule Warriors becomes the first game to actually include an adult Kafei model.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

new outfit for link: it's just the couples mask. that's it

you have to do a bunch of extremely difficult missions and it's at the far corner of the map

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm most hype for the MM pack to see if they do something interesting with the Adventure Map for it.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I figured it out

Fierce Diety is Young Link's focus spirit mode

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'm most hype for the MM pack to see if they do something interesting with the Adventure Map for it.

Dunno if this is true or not, but I heard that this was found in the data for the last dlc pack.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I finally got to get into this game now that I'm home from vacation. I let all of the common complaints get into my head (just a Dynasty Warriors reskin, button masher, everyone has the same moves, etc.) and it's all bullshit because this game rules.

Do I buy the hero bundle DLC now or wait until I run out of things to do? I'm halfway done with the Adventure Mode map, and just beat a green guy in Legend Mode.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Grab it when you finish adventure mode and still feel like you could do more similar content.

Could also just get the Master Quest pack that had five new story missions too, Twilight Pack kind of sucked.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Grab the DLC when you get stuck in normal adventure mode and don't feel like bashing your head in on a hard mission - early master quest missions are easier than the hardest normal adventure missions and have a nice change of pace

Twilight map can wait until you're in the same boat on the master quest

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Could also just get the Master Quest pack that had five new story missions too, Twilight Pack kind of sucked.

Counterpoint: Twili Midna

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah Twili Midna is definitely one of the coolest things in the game.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Twili Midna is cool, powerful as hell and fun. The costumes are fine too.

It's just the Twilight adventure that's dumb. It isn't fun. For me that map is the majority of the pack's content.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
Picked this up for the holidays and I can't stop playing. My NNID is Kintaii for anyone who wants to add me for networked action - I added all the IDs I could find from the last few pages to my friends list and am doing the same to the group in the OP, so please feel free to friend me if you want.

I'm obsessed enough with this game I'd volunteer to write up a new OP/thread since the current one is out of date and missing a lot of good information, but with almost 3/4ths of the planned DLC shipped I don't know if a new thread would be worth it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Twilight Adventure Mode is definitely for higher level characters and they really want you to take advantage of the higher level cap and new apothecary potions that came with it.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
If you do want to write a new OP I'd suggest waiting for the MM pack to come out. The boss pack doesnt seem as important

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alacron posted:

Twilight Adventure Mode is definitely for higher level characters and they really want you to take advantage of the higher level cap and new apothecary potions that came with it.

This is true. Sadly for people like me who don't want to have to grind their characters up that high, it takes away all the fun.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

This is true. Sadly for people like me who don't want to have to grind their characters up that high, it takes away all the fun.

Yeah, I really hope they don/t do this with the Majora's Mask pack, because it will mean I can play the Majora's Mask pack a little and hopefully level some there.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
For some reason I got the idea that doing Hero mode meant you always get good weapon drops. So I slogged through the first mission at level 50 with a tier 2 weapon as Wizzro just to see if that was actually the case.

24 minutes later, I got a tier 1 Link sword :saddowns:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Is there a more reliable way to get specific weapons? Gunning for Rutos level 3, I'd like a much better level 2 for my next try. Did the same thing last night with a big slog of a mission that got me what I wanted, but a bunch of other level 1's.

I've been tapping my Link Amiibo in, I think I've got the level2 spinner unlock from it this morning. I was actually curious to see if you could sneak an infinite amount of weapons into the game by never going past the main menu, but if you just tap in and shut down it won't let you go to the main menu without selling off on the next boot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The first weapon reward will always be of the weapon type you cleared the level with. So for a better Ruto bracelet use the +Stars Apothecary mix and clear stages as Ruto.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

Is there a more reliable way to get specific weapons? Gunning for Rutos level 3, I'd like a much better level 2 for my next try. Did the same thing last night with a big slog of a mission that got me what I wanted, but a bunch of other level 1's.

If you redo a mission that unlocked a weapon, you will always get that weapon, so you could do Ruto's level 2 mission, and you'll find a level 2 weapon for her.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So Link's level 3 ball & chain was horrible for me, but not for the reason you'd expect.

As usual, I did the mission in coop. Now sometimes this game has frame issues in coop, but its usually not a big deal. But on THIS level the game was being tortured. The ridiculous number of poes spamming projectiles brought the framerate down to a crawl. It was so bad we had trouble dodging everything because we couldn't tell what the gently caress was going on. We had to redo the mission 3 times because we kept failing the tight damage requirement. We couldn't find any way to mitigate the lag so we just avoided as many of the poes as possible. The few times we had to fight them we abused the gently caress out of A power moves to stunlock the poe hordes. Even then we just barely managed to meet the damage requirement.

I don't understand why the projectiles lag the game so much. There doesn't seem to be anything fancy about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.
MM also had playable deku scrub action. That could be good with some leaf and bubble stuff going on.

• Locked thread