Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

filthychimp posted:

And poo poo son, Megamari is of the best megaman games ever made.

Yeah, there was a Megamari run a couple years ago and it was rather interesting. The game requires you to pick one of two weapons when you beat a boss and so even routing the game requires careful decisions with regards to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
WELP time to kill 3 and a half hours.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Now that that's over I would like to issue a statement and apology: earlier in this thread I made some statements that may have seemed insensitive towards people with motion sickness. They were and I don't regret that. However, it may have led some to believe that I don't know what motion sickness is or how it works. This could not be farther from the truth. My father suffers from motion sickness and I call him bitchmade every day. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was erroneously led to believe I don't know anything about motion sickness. Thank you.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Aw poo poo the Toe Hoes

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh man I just googled this game. Ugh.

Ughhhhhhhhhh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

weekly font posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhh

instead of complain about it, how about do what i'm doing and go to sleep until contra happens :)

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Better take some advice from the last run and BUCKLE YOUR PANTS during this anime crap game!!! XD

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Anime babes?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Alteisen posted:

They're popular and bring donations.

Remember that doll during one of the GDQs? The site that sells them crashed cause of people buying it during AGDQ and they got a bunch of donations.

Aren't those banned from GDQs nowadays?

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010

weekly font posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhh

I'm not even going to do a search to check but I'm going to bet a vague amount of money that it's not indicative of the actual games.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

Now that that's over I would like to issue a statement and apology: earlier in this thread I made some statements that may have seemed insensitive towards people with motion sickness. They were and I don't regret that. However, it may have led some to believe that I don't know what motion sickness is or how it works. This could not be farther from the truth. My father suffers from motion sickness and I call him bitchmade every day. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was erroneously led to believe I don't know anything about motion sickness. Thank you.

In defense of your father if you were my kid I'd be nauseous all the loving time too.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

battleblock theater is a crapload of rear end and i'm curious to see why the speedrun of it has been so hyped up especially if the estimate is 2 hours 45 minutes

bracing for disappointment

I would just to remind you of this post. I hope you see your error.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Motion Sickness AGDQ Block:

Descent
Mirror's Edge
Jazzpunk
Antichamber

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

President Ark posted:

Dev commentary runs are always great for those moments where the devs just go "Wait, what the gently caress?"

The 4-player Borderlands 2 run last year was the height of that.

I know a lot of people don't like Borderlands that much (because, as demonstrated here, goon humor is on a much higher level) but the speedrun of it was a loving pro watch.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh it's only 45 minutes whatever. I misunderstood what Jay Cutler avatar meant when he said he was going to kill 3.5 hours.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

FANSean posted:

I'm not even going to do a search to check but I'm going to bet a vague amount of money that it's not indicative of the actual games.

The game's nice and all but the equivalent of the New Super Mario Bros. Giant Mushroom is kinda weird.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Battleblock Theater looks like a fun way to kill some time co-op with a pal, I will probably buy it thanks to AGDQ.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Critical posted:

In defense of your father if you were my kid I'd be nauseous all the loving time too.

:drat:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

weekly font posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhh

Could be worse. It could be Kancolle.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Demicol posted:

I would just to remind you of this post. I hope you see your error.

oh totally

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

The game's nice and all but the equivalent of the New Super Mario Bros. Giant Mushroom is kinda weird.

Is it a giant Touhou head?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Critical posted:

:iceburn:

loving wow

anyway I submit that touhou fangames are cool and you are all pissbabbies

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Who gives a poo poo about charity ONLY PLAY GAMES I LIKE

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010

Dias posted:

she turns into an "adult" which in anime terms means big boobies, I will admit that's the most awkward thing about this particular game.

The context of my post referred to the canon games though so shrug

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Nah that's a different powerup.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FANSean posted:

she turns into an "adult" which in anime terms means big boobies, I will admit that's the most awkward thing about this particular game.

The context of my post referred to the canon games though so shrug

Oh, I thought he meant the item itself, not the effect. There's always a giant Touhou head in these games.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

Cubey posted:

instead of complain about it, how about do what i'm doing and go to sleep until contra happens :)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Aren't Touhou heads those things people make for the explicit purpose of torturing them.

Geight posted:

Battleblock Theater looks like a fun way to kill some time co-op with a pal, I will probably buy it thanks to AGDQ.

Does it have local coop? It really only seems like fun if the person you are playing with is in the same room.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
45 minutes of pedo bullshit. :geno:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Jibo posted:

excuse me they are all 10000 year old demons

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Jibo posted:

um excuse me when they get a mushroom they clearly turn into adults if you just check the chest size

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Internet Kraken posted:

Aren't Touhou heads those things people make for the explicit purpose of torturing them.

AFAIK, it was some especially poorly-made textart on 2chan that got run into the ground long before that poo poo happened.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The person running this game is exactly the type of person I expected to be running this game.

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010
are we going to spend the run's length giving people a tutorial on touhou memes, like seriously

here's the short version: shmup. bullets everywhere. every character of note is a girl. titanic fanbase for a random indie thing. crossover fangames about every drat everything exist. Most of them are poo poo. This one is actually good. The memes are poo poo. The end. a presentation by sean

FANSean fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 6, 2015

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Is Brian Wu running the game?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
You know, I think I like this audio setup better than previous years', but I can't help thinking that there has to be a middle ground between "audience constantly drowns out everything" and "20 minutes of utterly dead air punctuated by scripted sponsor messages." It really is kind of disconcerting to hear absolutely nothing.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

So, for those who haven't seen it yet, The Behemoth's next game is a hex-based strategy RPG. It also ties into the ending of Battleblock Theater, because why the hell not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5A-W7QvFRQ

Could be fun.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, They Bleed Pixels is after this. That game's infuriatingly hard, I wonder how it'll be done.

FANSean posted:

are we going to spend the run's length giving people a tutorial on touhou memes, like seriously
I thought people were ok with this stuff ever since Touhouvania but apparently not.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Critical posted:

The person running this game is exactly the type of person I expected to be running this game.

just eat a loving vegetable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

HGH posted:

I thought people were ok with this stuff ever since Touhouvania but apparently not.

They can't stop themselves from being terrified of anything remotely resembling an anime. There's nothing you can do about it, so don't worry I guess.

• Locked thread