Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Riller posted:

Former StuG LyfE member here looking to get back into the game. I've got a few tier 10s: IS-7, IS-4, T92, T110E5. I'd love to be doing clan wars because I enjoy getting free gold, and it would be fun to play with some of the old crew, whichever clan they're in now. Anyone interested please shoot Riller a clan invite. TIA

interested in applying for PLSGO? we do clan wars and aren't total poo poo, but the culture is a little off putting most clan members are /vg/ tards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Riller posted:

Are there other non-goon clans that have goons, besides PBKAC?

I know there are some in OTTER, think there are some in NTR, FOXEY and petco groups? Bit spread out, really.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Valle posted:

I know there are some in OTTER, think there are some in NTR, FOXEY and petco groups? Bit spread out, really.

probably for the best, r.i.p. chair

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Everyone knows that the best non-goon goon clan is GOKU_ .

Prove me wrong.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The clan tag is GOKU_

That was easy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Ugh. Perma-x2 until Thursday so long as you inflict damage once. Win or lose.

Coming soon, drive your tank 100 meters and rotate your turret 10 degrees in any direction, get x3 Crew XP! Keep lowerin' that bar!

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 6, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Looks like I won't be able to play until Friday, internet connection got held up and my PC's wireless card doesn't work so I can't even play on a lovely connection.

How Terrible (tm).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think I'm going to have to knuckle under and get the Obj 140 and E5 grind done before Thursday. I free-xp'ed the M103's upgraded engine, and thanks to having 416 HEAT rounds for the mid-tier 120mm, I'm going to skip the upgraded turret and M68 and bee-line it for the E5. The minor upgrades the M68 seemingly offers for the xp spent are minimized slightly by the fact that I'll be carrying 12-15 HEAT rounds per game.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd think more HP, better mobity, more view range, better accuracy and aiming speed, as well as improved reload speed, shell speed and penetration would make grinding a T9 heavy tank more enjoyable, but eh, your choice, gotta get that tier 10.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

WitchFetish posted:

I'd think more HP, better mobity, more view range, better accuracy and aiming speed, as well as improved reload speed, shell speed and penetration would make grinding a T9 heavy tank more enjoyable, but eh, your choice, gotta get that tier 10.

I think getting the turret would be worth the XP, but I got 2/3 of the way to the T110E5 with the 1st 120mm and its pretty serviceable. A little HEAT takes care of major pen issues, and if you like the M103, the T110E5 unlocks the top gun anyway.

I think when the discount thing is over, I'm going to sell my T57 and move the crew back to my T54E1, T57 just isn't clicking for me the way the T54E1 did.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think I'm going to have to knuckle under and get the Obj 140 and E5 grind done before Thursday. I free-xp'ed the M103's upgraded engine, and thanks to having 416 HEAT rounds for the mid-tier 120mm, I'm going to skip the upgraded turret and M68 and bee-line it for the E5. The minor upgrades the M68 seemingly offers for the xp spent are minimized slightly by the fact that I'll be carrying 12-15 HEAT rounds per game.

Don't skip the M103 so quickly, just like the Obl 907/268 it may be turn out to be the better tank in the end.
Never underestimate the retardation of that E5 tumor unless it has E3 armor on it :smith:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Speaking of the t54e1 being awesome...

http://wotreplays.com/site/1498902#team

Got it a couple days ago, its a really fun tank to play and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

Played this game while my connection was spazing out.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That is probably a good idea (the rushing through some tanks during the perma 2x). I should go ahead and polish off the last bit of xp on the 122 54 just to get it out of the way. But first, I must finish the achilles. And Unless there is an amazing stat upgrade, I don't see the challenger being all that great either. The 17pdr is kind of cool at t5, ok-ish at t6, and I don't want to imagine that same gun against t9s. The american 90mm at least an magic its way to 243pen with gold. The 17pdr doesn't get that far. My experience in the achilles has been best described as an m10 at t6. You have the same 76mm alpha as the m10, just with a little more pen. But not the pen levels of the american 90mm on the same tier tds.

And at t5, the gun is amazing, but hampered by a really poo poo design when it comes to the close range skirmish of wot. If the maps were twice as large, and had burrows with commanding view to set up in, the archer would be amazing (also a lead spawn). Then it could do as it was used. Setup in a position, help out, if position is compromised, reverse to a different position, fire from there till that one is compromised, etc. Instead, you get a tank that fights to keep up with your team because in the time it takes to get there and turn around, the targets are dead and the team is on the move again. Or by the time you get there and turn around, your team has killed themselves by not stopping. You can't yell at your team for these failures though since there is a legit possibility they are new with maybe 50-100 games under their belt.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I just got this popup, wtf does it mean?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are you running any mods? My very rudimentary Cyrillic tells me something about Multipack. Paging EE to the thread, please...

vvvvv or that works

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 6, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

"Unauthorized/Unlicensed use

Hello buddy! I see that you are using mods out of the PROTanks' modpack without the installation of the multipack. Maybe someone published these mods without the consent of the author on the internet or included it in their own package. There is nothing wrong with that and the mods will continue to function as normal. It is recommended that you install these mods with the help of the PROTanks' modpack. Only then will it contain the very latest version of the mods with all the bugs worked out.

Choose better mods, bro!

*Only with the PROTanks' multipack will you no longer be bothered by this message."

Just so people don't think I read Cyrillic I got this from here.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 6, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Jesus christ, what are the cool kids doing in this thing

Victory
Siegfried Line
SU-122-54
Experience received:2,972 Credits received 45,621
Battle achievements Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "II Class"

Congratulations!
For successful completion of the operation you receive a reward:
Added: Large Repair Kit (x1), Large First Aid Kit (x1)

Repairs: -4 038
Ammunition: -15 975
Total: 25 608 WN8: 4 123 (100)

Edit: reminder, 2x mission event going on, so halve that before you get all open eyed about an amazing game or something.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So, my old Eve CEO, the guy who got me into WoT, started playing this again after taking a break of over two years. He of course got one of his accounts chatbanned immediately for something he said in General chat to Cerrine. :rolleyes:

We platooned a couple nights ago, and I think he's liking the game again! He only has tier 8 max, but we played some low tiers as well and had a blast. Since he's been gone for so long, he just discovered the Pz1c and seems to be in love with it. :) I wonder why....

He's clearly rusty, but I was able to carry us most of the time. We ended up with >60% throughout the session during the 5x weekend.

Squiddite posted:

But you do realize that at that point the Roomba and Cent had hit 100% cap and the match was literally finished, right? I should've made a better effort to survive out of habit, but winning had been impossible for at least 90 seconds and honestly I'd played fairly sloppily against those 704s up to that point anyway; I was resigned to losing once the AMX, JT, and Panther suicided.

Ah, well, as I said, I watched this while Rob streamed it, and we chatted over it, so I wasn't paying attention as closely as I would when I normally watch replays. Good try, though.

JuffoWup posted:

btw, just to finish the arty chat earlier a little more clearly. I would say if anyone was to go down an arty tree with the specific goal of having one t10 artillery in their garage, go for the gw e-100. It is the everybody artillery. It has very middling stats and the skirts give you some modicum of defense against non direct hit counter batteries when you forget to move after shooting.

How is the GWP nowadays? I unlocked it before the nerf and never played it; is it worth re-buying? Also, what about the tiers 8 & 9; anything to note?

Dalael posted:

poo poo, I have not bothered moving after shooting in a good long while. Counter-Artillery doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so why bother?

Once in a while someone'll try to CB; out of habit, I scoot around when I play arty. Most of the time I drive the Bat arty, so this is pretty easy to do.

Darkrenown posted:

I had this guy on my team last night, he might be the worst player in WoT:
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/souras/500058639/
Points of special interest are how all his graphs are going steadily downwards, and how he has a 39% WR in the VK4005B with over 1000 games :wtc:

Now that is pretty bizarre. You don't suppose this was an account sale? That would explain the transition from "competent" to "full retard."

Riller posted:

Former StuG LyfE member here looking to get back into the game. I've got a few tier 10s: IS-7, IS-4, T92, T110E5. I'd love to be doing clan wars because I enjoy getting free gold, and it would be fun to play with some of the old crew, whichever clan they're in now. Anyone interested please shoot Riller a clan invite. TIA

Well, sent you a PANSY invite if you're interested. Remember that you have to accept it by logging in at worldoftanks.com

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Atomizer posted:

How is the GWP nowadays? I unlocked it before the nerf and never played it; is it worth re-buying? Also, what about the tiers 8 & 9; anything to note?

It was horrific post nerf, the aiming reticle at max aim was still 3x the size of a Maus due to the really low firing arc that also made it useless on maps with obstacles, hated playing it.

The new arty sight mod has turned it all around though, it's gone from totally unplayable to pretty useful.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Riller posted:

Why would you betray SGLE, what has Chair ever done to you!

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Riller are you any good still? If so, you should join [G] with donks and I.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

How the gently caress do I play the Challenger, because the only thing I figured out so far is that it's a Cromwell disguised as a barn.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Simple, open the tech tree of the Challenger. See that the next tank in the tree? Click "research". It might ask you to spend free XP, but say yes anyway. There you go, you know how to play the Challenger.

Seriously though, do anything you can to not have to grind what is essentially a TOG that sees tier 9, and has less hp

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

mmkay posted:

it's a Cromwell disguised as a barn.

thats the challenge(r)!

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
Quick question

How is "Damage cause with you assistance" calculated? What is included?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Dukket posted:

Quick question

How is "Damage cause with you assistance" calculated? What is included?

If someone does damage to an enemy tank without spotting it himself, all spotters will get this bonus (so if two tanks spot a TOG which gets one shot by arty, both spotters get 700 assist damage, since the TOG has 1400 HP). Similar thing if you manage to track an enemy tank and the pubbies on your team manage to be bothered enough to click at it.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”

mmkay posted:

If someone does damage to an enemy tank without spotting it himself, all spotters will get this bonus (so if two tanks spot a TOG which gets one shot by arty, both spotters get 700 assist damage, since the TOG has 1400 HP). Similar thing if you manage to track an enemy tank and the pubbies on your team manage to be bothered enough to click at it.

Ah, thats pretty much what I thought - I wasn't sure if it got any more complicated than that - pulling "aggro" kind of thing. I seem to be pretty good at tracking

Dukket fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 6, 2015

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Ok, apparently in order to be successful in the Challenger you need to have absolutely retarded enemies.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
OTTER is rolling forth a new initiative to be a more "friendly" clan. I had a feeling this was coming after we decimated won the 3rd campaign.

It is weird that I kind of agree with this initiative. I do love being a dick to terrible pubbies, but it feels like this game is dying faster than it seems.

What do you guys think? Should it be the better clans duty to guide the garbage through the trash heap?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

What do you guys think? Should it be the better clans duty to guide the garbage through the trash heap?

It is the duty of all better players to start a fire in that trash heap and then pour gasoline on it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

OTTER is rolling forth a new initiative to be a more "friendly" clan. I had a feeling this was coming after we decimated won the 3rd campaign.

It is weird that I kind of agree with this initiative. I do love being a dick to terrible pubbies, but it feels like this game is dying faster than it seems.

Uh, that's not going to succeed. The reason good players hate pubbie scum is because pubbies do not want to improve. Seriously, just go into a Stronghold battle and explain to them why their strategy failed. Be courteous and polite. The pubbies will just call you f-words and n-words and refuse to accept your help.

Sure, be polite to UGKB or -FU- or VILIN and the other scrub clans that actually try to improve, but you won't get very far. There are far too many FURREs and ARMEDs and nationalist clans who strongly resist advice to make a dent in the playerbase.

The reason the game feels like it's dying is not because of the good players chasing away the bads, it's the bad players chasing away the people who actually try. It isn't just the purples who get pissed at the scum. When I get a 5k damage loss due to my teammates idiocy, I'm mad that my lovely teammates wasted five minutes of my effort. When some green dude loses a 5k damage game (not damage farming), his teammates lost his best ever game. That is much more impactful.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Saint Celestine posted:

Riller are you any good still? If so, you should join [G] with donks and I.

I'm getting back into the groove, but I shouldn't have started back during a 5x event. I notice those haven't changed while I've been away! What's your in-game handle? I might want to join up with you guys. I noticed that camador is in [G] as well; I used to platoon with him. I recognize a lot more of the names on the PBKAC roster, but I'm not sure how many of them are still playing.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Riller posted:

I'm getting back into the groove, but I shouldn't have started back during a 5x event. I notice those haven't changed while I've been away! What's your in-game handle? I might want to join up with you guys. I noticed that camador is in [G] as well; I used to platoon with him. I recognize a lot more of the names on the PBKAC roster, but I'm not sure how many of them are still playing.

Saint Celestine is Camador. :v:

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Riller posted:

Riller.. riller... where do I know that name? Oh yeah, you are the guy whose Tiger I lit on fire in Beta. I shot it from behind with a Marder not thinking it would do any damage at the start of a match. Sorry about that. Glad you are back though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Valle posted:

:holymoley:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
And now, an announcement from Germany:

GiantHurtBall posted:

Once upon a time Churchill III was alone and sad for nobody cared about her. She cried all day oil leaking from her beautiful cheeks, it seemed like everyone had forgotten Princess Churchill III ...didn't they tell her she was a great and generous princess ?
Where did all her loyal followers go ? She suddenly heard a creaking outside her window and opened the curtains and stared in the ugly witch face of Excellsior ...the archwitch of Shitshire.
"Wh-what do you w-want here ?" asked Princess Churchill scared yet graceful.
"BWAHAHA..I CAME TO TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE YOU DOE EYED COW"screamed Excellsior back at her saliva dripping from her toothless mouth.
"No you cant take away what you could never control...my people love me for who I am..not for what I do" Princess Churchill proclaimed looking deep into the eyes of the evil evil witch.

Suddenly the door to her chamber burst open and King AufklärungsMaus stormed into the chamber his tinytinytiny crown bobing on his hugehugehuge body "GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER YOU DISGUSTING FIEND" he screamed barreling towards the disgusting witch.

"Kaw-ha-ha-ha" she cackled pulling out her throbbing wand turning princess Churchills father into a grosstraktor right infront of her.

Poor King Aufklärungsmaus could feel his cheeks burn with embarassment "n-n-not like this....NOT LIKE THIS" he screamed from the top of his radio.
Princess Churchill couldn't believe what she saw and something changed inside her...she grew...stronger...sudden confidence pulsating through the body and she became what she was destined to become.
She grabbed her long beautiful pink silk dress and tore it off...screaming in rage as her biceps started to grow...far far beyond anything wolfsbane's babby biceps could ever muster throbbing with the strength of the righteous she grew massive swole abs and stormed towards the evil witch.

"YOU JUST hosed WITH THE WRONG PRINCESS YOU OLD oval office INNIT" She screamed headbutting the witch in her chest making her lose balance and fall towards the ground.
Princess Churchill suddenly knew everything about wrestling and while she was barreling towards the ground she embraced the witch, not because of pity but to perform an evil destroying powerbomb ..the piledriver of the righteous.

The evil Witch broke...her bones and will broken and she shuffled away ...looking back over her shoulder she starred at princess churchills throbbing manhood that had grown from her petite loins...leaking of oil and hydraulics fluid...it stood proud..ready to be crowned king of the realm.

AND YOU HONESTLY TRY TO TELL ME EXCELSIOR IS BETTER THAN CHURCHILL III ? GET hosed.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Valle posted:

:eyepop:

Sign me up!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hellsau posted:

Uh, that's not going to succeed. The reason good players hate pubbie scum is because pubbies do not want to improve. Seriously, just go into a Stronghold battle and explain to them why their strategy failed. Be courteous and polite. The pubbies will just call you f-words and n-words and refuse to accept your help.

Sure, be polite to UGKB or -FU- or VILIN and the other scrub clans that actually try to improve, but you won't get very far. There are far too many FURREs and ARMEDs and nationalist clans who strongly resist advice to make a dent in the playerbase.

The reason the game feels like it's dying is not because of the good players chasing away the bads, it's the bad players chasing away the people who actually try. It isn't just the purples who get pissed at the scum. When I get a 5k damage loss due to my teammates idiocy, I'm mad that my lovely teammates wasted five minutes of my effort. When some green dude loses a 5k damage game (not damage farming), his teammates lost his best ever game. That is much more impactful.

This is kinda the problem I'm having now... I've plateaued big time as a player. I can poo poo out 3k damage in a decent to solid game and maybe a 4-4.5k in a very good tier 9/10 game. Some of the tanks I've started grinding recently have some of the best dmg/game in tier that I've ever had and yet my WR seems to have stagnated. On the other hand the holiday pubbies were so bad I bought Euro trucker 2 which is weirdly addictive and might dive into naval action while waiting for botes.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Hellsau posted:

If you do it right being polite makes pubbies a lot angrier than insulting them does. It's a win-win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nidhg00670000 posted:

And now, an announcement from Germany:

For the record, the Aufklärungsmaus is something the 2PAC High council discovered in their secret archives while looking for futa porn. Basically it's a Maus with a PzIc turret so it's not hindered by a long gun when scouting through forrest. 4 were made and issued to the 420th SS "Lexington Steel" and were subsequently lost in the defense of Wupperthal (their commanders foolishly tried to have their tanks ride the schwebebahn).

I can not, nor do I wish to explain anything else.