Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This is a honeypot right? When does Detective Stabler show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't think I had ever heard of Battle Block Theater before I saw it on sale at one point for a stupidly low price. Not that I'm like hooked right into the "Indie" title mainline or anything, but I feel like there maybe should have been some more marketing involved.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they bleed pixels is on after this and it's a pretty cool little super meat boy-ish kinda game. should be neat.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
my god this is boring as balls

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've been playing Shantae after I got it from the AGDQ bundle, so I'm staying up for that run just so I can crib some pro strats.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sentient Desk Lamp posted:

So is there anything worth watching tonight after this tragedy is through?

Not real familiar with the upcoming games.

Within a Deep Forest will probably good, gonna have developer commentary on that as well. Nifflas also made the Knytt games.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

They Bleed Pixels is a pixel-art platformer that's actually quite hard, so a speedrun of it is likely to be technically challenging, if nothing else. (But it won't always be immediately obvious why it's hard.)

Basically, you can go AFK and do other poo poo until midnight PST, when they start a ~6 hour block of pure awesome.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
holy poo poo how did game with this many autoscrollers make it in

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Sardonik posted:

Watching Battle Block Theater made me add it to my steam wishlist.

Watching this makes me feel like I'm being added to a watchlist.

lol

Battleblock Theater really should not have taken 5 years to make if they were working full time. But having read up on it I guess Tom Fulp was programming game #4 the whole time so maybe they hired a crappy programmer?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
They needed a touhou game that hadn't been run in a *GDQ? *shrug*

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
With all these autoscrollers they might as well have played an actual touhou game...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

"It's not time yet"

gently caress.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Supgaiz posted:

With all these autoscrollers they might as well have played an actual mario game...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

And we're done.

Where are the cops?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Supgaiz posted:

With all these autoscrollers they might as well have played an actual touhou game...

But then how would we see the little girls getting big boobs as a power-up?

Edit: Oh good, it's over.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

"Do we have time to show stuff?"

"NO"

Thank god.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
"do I have time to show stuff?"

"oh ok"

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
"Do I have time to show stuff off?"

"NO!"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
'No we don't have time go away'

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And shut down for showing off other things that can be done with the game.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:drat:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
It's over, people, you can stop being incredibly melodramatic about anime now.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Wow that was pretty much a rip off of mario in almost every way.

Even the ending. Except it was poorly arted.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

BroForce at midnight PST, but otherwise you could skip all of this.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
New Super Marisa Land is a pretty cool game and solid homage to SMW/SML. You're all boring and tedious for making pedo anime jokes the whole time. Touhouvania 2 and Megamari are superior games for speedrunning, but they obviously weren't going to have the same game again, since they've been at marathons before. I hope you're all happy, because I am.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

President Ark posted:

It's over, people, you can stop being incredibly melodramatic about anime now.

We'll probably start up again in an hour thirty when Shantae comes on.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This run is ok. :shobon:

Like, even though this is a pretty meh game I still find this preferable to the endless mario/zelda/metroid runs that are there every single event. And if nothing else it was better than RE4 from SGDQ and that awful mister driller from an event or 2 ago that ended with Blueglass with a bag on his head.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

They needed a touhou game that hadn't been run in a *GDQ? *shrug*

The error in that sentence is including "needed" with "touhou".

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
They're doing a Metal slug game after this. How do you speed run Metal Slug, which is pretty much an autoscroller if you're speed running it, but not one of the actual Touhou games? Or even one of the good fangames? (There are several Mario-Touhou games, this is one of the worse ones.)

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Shame that battletoads/river city ransom is on at like 5am here

:emo:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Epic stuff dude but the guy I replied to originally said "critical failure" which it wasn't

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

New Super Marisa Land is a pretty cool game and solid homage to SMW/SML. You're all boring and tedious for making pedo anime jokes the whole time. Touhouvania 2 and Megamari are superior games for speedrunning, but they obviously weren't going to have the same game again, since they've been at marathons before. I hope you're all happy, because I am.

Sorry not enough people were enamored with your pedobyte of bullshit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gamerofthegame posted:

They're doing a Metal slug game after this. How do you speed run Metal Slug, which is pretty much an autoscroller if you're speed running it, but not one of the actual Touhou games? Or even one of the good fangames? (There are several Mario-Touhou games, this is one of the worse ones.)

Metal Slug actually has quick-kills on bosses and poo poo.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

dpbjinc posted:

based caveman cometh.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that game was sick as hell.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

Metal Slug Advance is a really weird game. I think you have an actual healthbar and stats and stuff.

dpbjinc posted:

They Bleed Pixels'll probably get some reactions.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ullerrm posted:

Basically, you can go AFK and do other poo poo until midnight PST, when they start a ~6 hour block of pure awesome.

I really don't get the scheduling. They put a crap weeaboo game like this on in prime-time and schedule games with a large general appeal like the NES block and Mega Man X race when the majority of the western world is sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

But then how would we see the little girls getting big boobs as a power-up?

Edit: Oh good, it's over.
There was also the upskirt powerup.

• Locked thread