Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Envision
Dec 17, 2006
He's going to die in the octagon. I guess you could say, he's going to be octo-gone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrwTVsckmI

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

AJ: You TOLD me this was like UWFi...
Punk: I THOUGHT this was like UWFi...

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Who Gotch Ya posted:

AJ: You TOLD me this was like UWFi...
Punk: I THOUGHT this was like UWFi...

Is it too late to put him in a camp with Bas Rutten and Ken Shamrock?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I was mostly talking about him being cool when everything about him seems to scream the opposite unless you like teetotalers with bad tattoos

Let's just perceive him as an arrogant, cocky rear end in a top hat with no fighting ability until we're proven wrong.

Captain Log posted:

As a recovered alcoholic guy myself, having a view of "Alcohol = bad" is very...well...juvenile. Please don't be offended if you're young and ignore me if you're just joking around. Alcohol use, drug use, all those things are very case by case with the individual.

I think alcohol is an incredibly destructive drug and can't believe the duplicity of some moral right conservative types that support the war on drugs with a beer in their hand. But if alcohol isn't harmful to an individual I say more power to them enjoying it.

Also I couldn't give a flying gently caress about this Punk guy's straight edge thing unless I somehow became a fan of him.

I'm just joking around. Since I myself had nice happy bouts with depression and alcohol and lost my father thanks to his smoke and drinking addictions, I'm no stranger to the fun side of casual drinking.

THE ABYSS STARES BACK!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Haha, must be imagining that happening to him very soon. That's fantastic.

I hope he does well - if Dana White gave me the opportunity to go fight in the UFC after receiving some world-class training with the best of the best, I'd do it too, gently caress the terms and conditions that's something for the bucket list.

I just hope Brock Lesnar can guest referee to prevent any shenanigans in his debut.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Agreed posted:

Haha, must be imagining that happening to him very soon. That's fantastic.

I hope he does well - if Dana White gave me the opportunity to go fight in the UFC after receiving some world-class training with the best of the best, I'd do it too, gently caress the terms and conditions that's something for the bucket list.

I just hope Brock Lesnar can guest referee to prevent any shenanigans in his debut.

Just don't give the audience any folding chairs

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

He should adapt the People's Elbow for use in MMA, like fighters have done with crescent kicks.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Agreed posted:

He should adapt the People's Elbow for use in MMA, like fighters have done with crescent kicks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Tonight, while closing down the restaurant I manage, two regulars were at the bar who know me as the guy who got his rear end handed to him in a tiny white belt Jiu Jitsu tournament recently. Some of the guys from the gym come in and MMA, jiu jitsu, and pro wrestling get discussed every now and then. Tonight these two regulars said some interesting things that I found interesting -

CM Punk fighting means they will sure as hell watch the card when it happens. They were pumped for it and even had a bit of a grasp that CM Punk might not be great. But, they all thought he was an elite grappler blackbelt. Really. A blackbelt.

They think Brock Lesnar is coming back to MMA when his contract is up because "he is in fighting shape now" and has "been in some real hard matches getting worked hard with shots to the face." I don't really know what the gently caress any of this means. I'd like to see Brock Lesnar come back if he actually joins a gym that he doesn't hand pick himself and set up. He needs to learn how to get hit in the face.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Log posted:

Tonight, while closing down the restaurant I manage, two regulars were at the bar who know me as the guy who got his rear end handed to him in a tiny white belt Jiu Jitsu tournament recently. Some of the guys from the gym come in and MMA, jiu jitsu, and pro wrestling get discussed every now and then. Tonight these two regulars said some interesting things that I found interesting -

CM Punk fighting means they will sure as hell watch the card when it happens. They were pumped for it and even had a bit of a grasp that CM Punk might not be great. But, they all thought he was an elite grappler blackbelt. Really. A blackbelt.

They think Brock Lesnar is coming back to MMA when his contract is up because "he is in fighting shape now" and has "been in some real hard matches getting worked hard with shots to the face." I don't really know what the gently caress any of this means. I'd like to see Brock Lesnar come back if he actually joins a gym that he doesn't hand pick himself and set up. He needs to learn how to get hit in the face.

I still think this is the dumbest view of Brock and based mostly on "got knocked silly by two of the hardest hitting heavyweights" and Bas Rutten making way too much about a training partner not wanting to give details about a training camp. The dude reacted better than anyone else reacted to getting hit by Shane Carwin, he didn't go unconscious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was very impressed by Brock's ability to listen and adjust to his coaches advice while locking in that triangle he used to win the Carwin fight.

I guess you could argue that he should know exactly how to lock in an arm triangle at that level, but he'd just been pummelled for a round by Shane Carwin and even GSP forgot how to execute an armbar properly in the heat of the moment.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

MassRafTer posted:

I still think this is the dumbest view of Brock and based mostly on "got knocked silly by two of the hardest hitting heavyweights" and Bas Rutten making way too much about a training partner not wanting to give details about a training camp. The dude reacted better than anyone else reacted to getting hit by Shane Carwin, he didn't go unconscious.

When Carwin caught Brock he covered up and backpedaled into the fence, against Cain he started cowering when Cain started landing. Against Overeem he straight up doubled over at the waist into almost a standing fetal position when in trouble, which is kind of a natural reaction that a fighter should learn to break, like closing your eyes. Brock not reacting well to getting hit is a real, observable thing.

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 6, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dangersim posted:

When Carwin caught Brock he covered up and backpedaled into the fence, against Cain he started cowering when Cain started landing. Against Overeem he straight up doubled over at the waist when in trouble. Brock not reacting well to getting hit is a real, observable thing.

Shane Carwin and Cain hit really god drat hard. Overeem kicked him in his weakest point and in general liver shots hurt like hell. What was he going to do against Carwin, stand there and inform him that he'd like another? Everyone else went dead when Carwin hit them, Brock actually survived. Cain is a crazy killing machine who looks to have broken JDS forever. These aren't signs of weakness they are signs of being a heavyweight fighter. He dealt with it fine when Randy and Mir hit him in the face indicating it is more of a "doesn't like getting hit with knockout blows." I don't think anyone does.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Shane Carwin and Cain hit really god drat hard. Overeem kicked him in his weakest point and in general liver shots hurt like hell. What was he going to do against Carwin, stand there and inform him that he'd like another?

Shelling up and running away essentially is asking for another. He should have tied up or shot, literally anything other then what he did. Carwin caught JDS with a shot that left JDS not knowing where he was, but he kept his composure and didn't panic.

With Overeem I'm not talking about the final liver kick, yeah there was nothing he could do about that. There are 2 occasions where Overeem gets him with good knees and Brock again just shells up and lets Reem get hard punches off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dangersim posted:

Shelling up and running away essentially is asking for another. He should have tied up or shot, literally anything other then what he did. Carwin caught JDS with a shot that left JDS not knowing where he was, but he kept his composure and didn't panic.

With Overeem I'm not talking about the final liver kick, yeah there was nothing he could do about that. There are 2 occasions where Overeem gets him with good knees and Brock again just shells up and lets Reem get hard punches off.

He did try to shoot after Carwin hurt him, this led to Carwin hurting him more. In the Overeem fight I thought he reacted like a lot of inferior strikers would against him, especially someone who was planning to retire after the fight. Even there I think he tried a really lovely takedown. His heart clearly wasn't in it based on everything we know about that fight. That's probably a sign he shouldn't come back to fight but the dude likes money and maybe he's convinced himself his guts are better now.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

He did try to shoot after Carwin hurt him, this led to Carwin hurting him more. In the Overeem fight I thought he reacted like a lot of inferior strikers would against him, especially someone who was planning to retire after the fight. Even there I think he tried a really lovely takedown. His heart clearly wasn't in it based on everything we know about that fight. That's probably a sign he shouldn't come back to fight but the dude likes money and maybe he's convinced himself his guts are better now.

It's possible he did try to shoot on Carwin, it's been some time since I've seen it. Against Overeem I don't believe he did, he just kinda flailed and tried to get away. He tried a takedown early, got deep on a single, but Overeem started to grab his guillotine and Brock noped the gently caress out of there as fast as he could.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

When Carwin caught Brock he covered up and backpedaled into the fence

When Carwin caught pretty much everybody else up till that point they fell over and died. Point to Brock.

quote:

against Cain he started cowering when Cain started landing.

Actually when Cain initially started landing Brock had his back to the fence and started firing punches back at Cain, including a semi-hilarious standing backfist. Then Cain clipped him behind the ear and Brock went entirely off balance and cartwheeled across the ring trying to get back into some semblance of a fighting stance, whereupon Cain took him down and beat him to death.

quote:

Against Overeem he straight up doubled over at the waist into almost a standing fetal position when in trouble, which is kind of a natural reaction that a fighter should learn to break

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I don't see how an exhausted Aerts getting finished has anything to do with what I said.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

I don't see how an exhausted Aerts getting finished has anything to do with what I said.

An Aerts doubling over into the fetal position standing as Overeem breaks his ribs with a knee is pretty much identical to what happened to Brock, so

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Really?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Nostradingus posted:

I know there was speculation that Punk's first opponent would be a bad fighter, but this is ridiculous.

lol

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Hey, all.

Remember when it was hard to imagine Punk even winning a fight against a UFC gym member?

I don't see how that will be possible.

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
CM Punk vs Ken Shamrock

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Shadalator posted:

CM Punk vs Ken Shamrock

honestly thats the best idea ive seen, and the only one that sort of makes sense to me

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ken Shamrock is too busy selling SHAMROCK SHAKE ENERGY DRINK

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ken Shamrock is too busy selling SHAMROCK SHAKE ENERGY DRINK

and re-enacting the plot of Snatch, which puts him neck and neck with CM Punk for bad career decisions.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Joe Silva knows I'm the only answer

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well now we know why UFC signed Crocop.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Joe Silva knows I'm the only answer

I'd pay to see it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Willie recognizes cxb, so it meets Lorenzo's criterion.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Willie recognizes cxb, so it meets Lorenzo's criterion.

Actually quite a few members of MMA media recognize me so yes, I fit the description. PUT ME IN COACH.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
http://cookcountyrecord.com/issues/310-defamation/270487-defamation-lawsuit-pits-wwe-doctor-against-two-wrestlers

lol

hope he gets sued for millions and has to crawl back to the wwe

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Omg dude

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

What took him so long?

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

eric posted:

What took him so long?

Needs to build a case. Gotta have some time to show Punk's remarks impacted his practice or reputation.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What happened? Did he try a beer?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fushin posted:

Needs to build a case. Gotta have some time to show Punk's remarks impacted his practice or reputation.

He still works for the WWE though.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

KungFu Grip posted:

He still works for the WWE though.

That's sort of a weird issue. I'm assuming that working for the WWE is a full time job, and he's still working that full time job. He wasn't named on the podcast, so what exactly can he say he's lost? Wouldn't he have to prove that he's lost earnings etc? He'd have a bigger case if the WWE fired him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DrVenkman posted:

That's sort of a weird issue. I'm assuming that working for the WWE is a full time job, and he's still working that full time job. He wasn't named on the podcast, so what exactly can he say he's lost? Wouldn't he have to prove that he's lost earnings etc? He'd have a bigger case if the WWE fired him.

He could argue a situation where he basically can't find work anywhere else now even if he wanted to leave WWE, all because of what Punk said about him (well, about the Doctor who treated him), ruining his reputation and threatening his potential for his future career.

• Locked thread