Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Testekill posted:

Yeah, put side to side it's far more noticable that the moves look like they have less impact and they don't include any individual touches. But seriously, No Mercy is 14 years old and the moves still are animated pretty well.

Um...my post wasn't bashing the moves. It was to show how awesome AKI was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The graphics evolution is fascinating.

Has any other franchise or series suffered from 'graphics actually get worse' ?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jubs posted:

Um...my post wasn't bashing the moves. It was to show how awesome AKI was.

Nah, I was talking about the videos in your post. AKI were awesome at animating moves.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I have been streaming some WWE 2K15 a lot this week if anyone is interested to see how some of the different modes work or just generally want to chat about grapplesports. Gonna be live for the next few hours because I have nothing better to do on a saturday afternoon if you want to stop by http://www.twitch.tv/dr_badonkadonk

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Testekill posted:

Nah, I was talking about the videos in your post. AKI were awesome at animating moves.

Wasn't it because they didn't use wrestlers doing motion capture?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

simosimo posted:

The graphics evolution is fascinating.

Has any other franchise or series suffered from 'graphics actually get worse' ?
Gran Turismo 2 very famously downgraded the graphics from the first game, and moved to an annoying 2-disc system, in order to simply get many more cars and tracks in that game and have races run smoother. I don't think any WWE game can sincerely claim to have taken a step back visually in order to pack more content in.

I do greatly miss the days of each move having several variant animations for specific characters. They still do about 8 'different' AAs and Stunners, but they're all still John Cena doing the AA and Stone Cold doing the Stunner. There was one game, I think it was one of the earlier PS2 titles, where they had something like three different standard Sharpshooter animations and then two more specifically for The Rock and Stone Cold to properly capture their unique shittiness at doing the move. The last couple of games have had one animation for everyone. I understand they can't make up a unique animation for ever possible combination of wrestlers doing every move, but they really shouldn't be reducing the number of animations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, I just hooked up my XBox 360 again after moving, and while I expected to have an issue re-establishing the custom music in 2k14, I'm not having the usual problem where all my custom playlists aren't showing up at all. Instead, I'm seeing them as selectable, but they aren't playing the music in previews or in matches. I suppose I can try to restart, but since it's a different issue, I don't know if there's a different solution.

EDIT: Never mind. Gotta re-set up the Windows Media Center malarkey. Bleh. MUST HEAR JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR WHEN DON "THE ROCK" MURACO ENTERS.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 4, 2015

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Woah, that uncommons + deck managers screen is brilliant. I may try that on the next one. And the computer AI doesn't seem to know how to use the deck managers properly (does it buff their whole deck?) so I'd expect it to work. As I'm assuming you'd not only run into noobs, but also other people with the same idea.

Must get dull not having to think at all during that though :p

I ended up getting all my Stings with 24 hours to spare, as I was that determined... I'm going to try to get above 20K to get a pair of Epic Rocks for RTG, but oh, wait, won't need them if that method works. haha

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like this got leaked a little early: Stern is doing a Wrestlemania pinball table they're unveiling at CES this week.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm the biggest Kane mark in this subforum and even I have no idea what's up with him being that prominent on the pinball machine.

Man, I hope Kane gets a bigass retirement match moment like Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels before he goes. I was horrified that Christian just kind of got retired offscreen.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'm the biggest Kane mark in this subforum and even I have no idea what's up with him being that prominent on the pinball machine.

Man, I hope Kane gets a bigass retirement match moment like Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels before he goes. I was horrified that Christian just kind of got retired offscreen.

All of my friends who are like, super casual fans, or used to be fans, all loving LOVE Kane. Like if you bring up wrestling with them he's most of their go to guy, not Austin, Rock, Hogan, etc. It's Kane for some reason.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It seems like everyone is featured somewhere on the machine. Looks like Big Show on the right side of the cabinet. Here's a shot from the front and we get Triple H on the translite and the front of the machine!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So that Wrestlemania logo is definitely the logo they're using? I know sometimes they have like a beta logo when the WM location is announced but usually the change it when the advertising campaign comes out, but they seem to be sticking with this one.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I was gonna say it in the pinball thread but you guys will get where I'm coming from, it's a crime that machine isn't dark blue and gold all over, I guess Royal Rumble did that scheme a bit but I was really surprised when I saw the 3rd photo.

When I think Wrestlemania I just think that classic logo.

I've liked most of Stern's tables from the last few years, haven't seen mustang or walking dead yet but Stern seems to have gotten pinball figured out, have a feeling due to the theme this'll be a fairly rare table to come across.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

seeing these stretched out face textures is really horrifying

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Niwrad posted:

It seems like everyone is featured somewhere on the machine. Looks like Big Show on the right side of the cabinet. Here's a shot from the front and we get Triple H on the translite and the front of the machine!

I dunno if Triple and Steph smirking at my crotch would entice me to put a coin in.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
So the Bellas are in Immortals and I wonder where the developers got the character inspiration from...

http://m.imgur.com/8oiXdma

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
At least the people behind Immortals knew what they were doing by making John Cena into a literal superhero.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mayostard posted:

So the Bellas are in Immortals and I wonder where the developers got the character inspiration from...

Seeing this reminded me of how when Nikki came back after getting her boob job King kept dancing around it, saying like "THERE'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT NIKKI" or something

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Niwrad posted:

cool another way for WWE to take my money and leave me feeling unfulfilled afterwards.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Mayostard posted:

For anyone unaware, the devs behind Immortals are also the studio behind the new Mortal Kombat & Injustice :eng101:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More pics and info on Wrestlemania Pinball, via the Pinball thread in Games:

That thing in the middle shot is a "wrestling ring" playfield in the upper area of the table. You control the kickers using the flipper buttons to try and hit targets and holes to progress a wrestling match that's accompanied by LED lights, licensed wrestler themes, and commentary by Cole and King.

The table debuts a new, Linux-based pinball system by Stern called SPIKE, that features reduced product complexity (for ease of manufacturing and repairs), improved sound, software updates via wi-fi, etc...

A "limited edition" for collectors and the violently rich has also been announced, limited to 400 units. It features alternate artwork of classic wrestlers, a 5.7 inch LCD "Titantron" playing WWE footage, some additional gameplay elements on the field, and every unit is signed by Hulk Hogan, because I guess a Hulkamaniac's gotta eat.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

abraham linksys posted:

For anyone unaware, the devs behind Immortals are also the studio behind the new Mortal Kombat & Injustice :eng101:

I had no idea that NetherRealm was involved.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

Server Maintenance - Jan 6, 5pm PST

We'll be taking the servers down tomorrow at 5pm PST to perform maintenance. This will fix a bug we found in Road to Glory that was affecting matchmaking. Additionally, our holiday gift will appear automatically in your account once we bring the servers back up. KotR will be paused for this maintenance.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well now that I know the pinball game has a system based on Linux...

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MITB is a nice touch.

Why is HHH so prominent on the machine?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Niwrad posted:

MITB is a nice touch.

Why is HHH so prominent on the machine?

The game the king of kings the asskicker

Its triple h do you have to ask

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Why are those other scrubs taking up valuable HHH space?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Seeing this reminded me of how when Nikki came back after getting her boob job King kept dancing around it, saying like "THERE'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT NIKKI" or something

At one point didn't he call her the bigger one and people accused him of fatshaming?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Isn't Road to Glory TNA's hilariously poorly executed version of the G1? I'd say there's lots of bugs affecting matchmaking....

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Isn't Road to Glory TNA's hilariously poorly executed version of the G1? I'd say there's lots of bugs affecting matchmaking....

bound for glory, the tournament whose rules and structure change annually

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Has anyone played much TEW as NJPW?

I tried one game as them, all my shows were getting solid B's, I was running two shows a month. For whatever reason that wasn't enough to keep NJPW popular though, and I dropped in rank and got hit hard. I guess they wanted consistent A level shows, which I couldn't figure out how to do

I tweaked the settings to change NJPW's global popularity to C and started a new game, that worked much better. That way I organically raised my popularity and didn't get crushed after a few months of play. Give it a try if you're having the same kind of issues.

I love playing as NJPW. You can book a few main events then throw guys together into 8 man tags for the rest of the card. I always felt weird about doing that with WWE since it wasn't "realistic"

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Wasn't it because they didn't use wrestlers doing motion capture?

Yeah, but animating by hand is extremely time consuming. It takes a lot of effort to make movements that appear natural. Mocap is way more efficient so I doubt they'll ever make another game without it unless it's an arcadey game like All Stars.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 6, 2015

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I still hate the prize structure of KOTR mode since the Survivor tier came out. It is literally impossible for me to progress, since I need Pro Survivors for that, and the only way to get a Survivor card, outside of a random pull, requires getting to the second round of the KOTR bracket, which I cannot do, since so many people have Pro Survivors, while I have none.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

smashpro1 posted:

I still hate the prize structure of KOTR mode since the Survivor tier came out. It is literally impossible for me to progress, since I need Pro Survivors for that, and the only way to get a Survivor card, outside of a random pull, requires getting to the second round of the KOTR bracket, which I cannot do, since so many people have Pro Survivors, while I have none.

:20bux:?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

smashpro1 posted:

Unless they make it harder to get rewards after so many people got Sting, RTG is the way to go.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

That's the problem with this game, you'd have to spend such a hilarious amount of money to get a pair of Survivors that it's just not even worth it. Like $20 a pull? That's madness.

Edit: "problem" in that they built a game that, to me, almost discourages whaling. So it's a problem for them from a business sense, not a gameplay sense.

I did get a Survivor card from an Exhibition pull though. It is possible!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

Unless they make it harder to get rewards after so many people got Sting, RTG is the way to go.
Which wouldn't be much of a problem, if the game didn't keep crashing in the middle of matches. (I hope this latest maintenance outage addresses that)

triplexpac posted:

I've gotten a couple of support cards that way, but they are few and far between.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Of course the Road to Glory main prizes are a pair of Roman Reigns Survivor cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

triplexpac posted:

That's the problem with this game, you'd have to spend such a hilarious amount of money to get a pair of Survivors that it's just not even worth it. Like $20 a pull? That's madness.

Edit: "problem" in that they built a game that, to me, almost discourages whaling. So it's a problem for them from a business sense, not a gameplay sense.

Yeah I'm at survivor+ and currently at around 16 survivors, around 8 of those from KotRs and 3 from RTGs so they do drop.... just slowly. No pros yet other than my RTG stings when I decide combine them. It's basically impossible to get any further than top 4 of a KOTR these days as there are always 2-4 people with multiple Pro Survivors.

New RTG is up and ROMAN REIGNS is the top prize. Kinda interested how he measures up with other reward cards... regular reigns is generally low-tier

E: rip snow/christmas lights, you were fun. Also free 300 credits for everyone, would recommend using them on title match bonuses the 5 point early rounds of the upcoming RTG.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 7, 2015