Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Hah the second clash pack also has a(n ugly) courser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

whydirt posted:

Why do the commons and uncommons have the hologram?

Special property of the Ugin's Fate booster.

Speaking of which how is that thing supposed to work? You get it at the pre-release, but only after building your sealed pool?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Promo Downfall and Courser. Sold.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

There is that 5cmc 4/4 mythic that spits out a 2/2 every turn, w/ an insurance against wraths.

Ah, I forgot about him, yeah he seems like a good card to sideboard against control.

UberJew posted:

I foresee that capacity is many draw step activations on Courser

Haha definitely.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
The promo whip looks awesome. I don't think I'll buy the clash pack, but I'll for sure try to get the singles.

Babylon Astronaut fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 6, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This dude swings for 12... That's hefty...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also, would it have killed them to make the R/G dragon playable outside limited, yeesh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cernunnos posted:

How do you get these?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

mcmagic posted:

How do you get these?

They're in the Clash Pack.

Also in the Clash Pack:

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 6, 2015

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

mcmagic posted:

How do you get these?

They're in the Clash Pack for Fate Reforged.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

They're in the Clash Pack.

Oh ok. Thx.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

This dude swings for 12... That's hefty...

this card is awful in constructed, since it's a 7 mana creature with no resistance to removal that probably doesn't do anything the turn it comes into play

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

this card is awful in constructed, since it's a 7 mana creature with no resistance to removal that probably doesn't do anything the turn it comes into play

I agree but it's a bomb in limited.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The clash pack also contains ugly art Whip of Erebos.

I have to say, they're doing a nice job reprinting standard staples.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Elyv posted:

Who said anything about constructed, that guy is exactly what I want to be getting for my 7 mana in limited.

Cernunnos posted:

Also in the Clash Pack:

I don't know why I find this art so funny but I do.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Elyv posted:

Yup. I want to live the dream one time of going Xenagod > Dragon swing 12/10 flying trample double strike haste

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The dragon legends have been pretty disappointing on the whole, but maybe that's just to set up the super awesome mythic versions that'll appear in Dragons.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rinkles posted:

The dragon legends have been pretty disappointing on the whole, but maybe that's just to set up the super awesome mythic versions that'll appear in Dragons.

They all seem like edh poo poo that are also limited bombs, which is fine I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boxman posted:

The clash pack also contains ugly art Whip of Erebos.

I have to say, they're doing a nice job reprinting standard staples.

Isn't this the second clash pack Courser is in?

jassi007 posted:

They all seem like edh poo poo that are also limited bombs, which is fine I guess.

The hexproof Dragon that gives their guys -1/-1 will be cast in standard a few times.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\: Yes.

Entropic posted:

Who said anything about constructed, that guy is exactly what I want to be getting for my 7 mana in limited.

:skeltal: Skeletor :skeltal:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

forbidden lesbian posted:

That blue polymorph variant will probably see play in some capacity, everything else seems way to weak.

That was really the only card that made me feel that way but just one will be annoying enough.

Entropic posted:

Because it looks like it came out of a 90s goth fetish club.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

New whip art rules, gimme dem bones.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Chorocojo posted:

They're in the Clash Pack for Fate Reforged.
What is a clash pack and how do you get it?

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
The new whip is too edgy.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Yawgmoth posted:

What is a clash pack and how do you get it?

IIRC they're basically Duel Deck Jr. and you pay $25ish.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That blue exile card is super powerful, and I appreciate that they are reprinting Courser often considering it's a chase rare from a middle set; traditionally those have been a pain in the rear end to acquire due to how few packs of it are opened.

EDIT: They did the same thing to Thragtusk, which helped keep the price down.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

The hexproof Dragon that gives their guys -1/-1 will be cast in standard a few times.

That, and Kolighan and Dromoka are pretty hefty flying beaters with pumps for 5cmc which isn't the worst place to be.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
In case other people don't read Doug Beyer's Tumblr, someone asked him how Sorin didn't notice Ugin was dead for so long.

Doug Beyer posted:

Agreed. Maybe it was one of those things where Sorin had Ugin over to Innistrad for blood tea once, and Sorin was like “oh hey we should totally do this again sometime, saaaay on your homeworld?” and Ugin was like “hmm yeahhhh sure prob’ly” and then Sorin heard nothing for a while, and he thought about just dropping in but he had never actually heard Ugin mention anything about Tarkir, and anyway it was really on Ugin to invite him this time, so he was like screw it I’ma let that dragon make the first move, and for a while he started to think like was it me? was I a bad host? did Ugin just have a really bad time and he’d just rather not be ageless tea-buds anymore? and then he snapped out of it like UM NO MARKOV MANOR TEATIME IS THE BEST Ugin is clearly just being unforgivably lame about reciprocating the hosting duties, no way I’m going to send a howdoyoudo, or even worse propose rehosting in my ‘hood, and then centuries went by, and at some point Sorin remembered about Ugin and was like THAT DRAGON HAD BETTER BE SUPER DEAD BECAUSE HE’S A PILE OF DRY BONES TO ME and gave up on him, and then years later he was like aughhh crapcakes the Eldrazi are loose, I’d better go consult with RUDE-IN even though he broke the holy blood tea friend-bond and never even left his freaking planar address, and then oh lovely, after a bunch of research it turns out he’s been rotting in a Tarkir chasm for years, Bitter Revelation much, I guess that’s more blood tea for me, peace out Tarkir, sayonara Multiverse I guess, EXASPERATED VAMPIRE SIGH.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

In case other people don't read Doug Beyer's Tumblr, someone asked him how Sorin didn't notice Ugin was dead for so long.

I love Doug :allears:

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

And then someone made a comic from it: http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/107323627629/sketchydoodles-from-the-genius-of-dougbeyermtg

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's a pretty fantastic eldrazi. :allears:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I might pick up the FTF Clash Pack because the art on those cards is SO NICE.

Also, that RG Dragon, I really want to run it in Temur Midrange, it'd make Sarkhan and Stormbreath even more hilarious.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

I might pick up the FTF Clash Pack because the art on those cards is SO NICE.

Also, that RG Dragon, I really want to run it in Temur Midrange, it'd make Sarkhan and Stormbreath even more hilarious.

My feelings for that dragon are the same I had for Dragon-Style Twins, Prophetic Flamespeaker, and Fabled Hero...
:swoon:Double Strike fatties!:swoon:

:( That die too easily. :(

Can't we just get another Mirran Crusader or Silver Paladin?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

That, and Kolighan and Dromoka are pretty hefty flying beaters with pumps for 5cmc which isn't the worst place to be.

I'm thinking Kolaghan will be pretty good for a Mardu aggro deck. 5 toughness is burly enough to resist burn, and having Dash gives it a bit of flexibility in avoiding removal. Five mana for five damage that also makes all your other dudes +1 power sounds like a fun way to keep aggro pressure on.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

My feelings for that dragon are the same I had for Dragon-Style Twins, Prophetic Flamespeaker, and Fabled Hero...
:swoon:Double Strike fatties!:swoon:

:( That die too easily. :(

Can't we just get another Mirran Crusader or Silver Paladin?

Bring back Boros Charm. Best charm ever.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Bring back Boros Charm. Best charm ever.

But they did, and then they took away two of the abilities and replaced them with some "worse" ones, and added blue to the cost.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Boros Charm wound up being a fair amount in a few years.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Entropic posted:

Someone put shades on the skull stick

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Face of a man who saw goatse for the first time

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

Oh no, it's Anax. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac