Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Yay Puwexil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Aw man, they moved tetris. Oh well, guess I'm just waiting around for Boshy later then.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Crain posted:

Oh wow, it's basically all the Anime Club guys from last night there.

Also these guys can't not seem creepy when they talk about how adorable this character is.
Except Magical Popn is a good game and the character is actually adorable instead of having a creepy "gently caress this tiny girl" vibe.

EDIT: Tried to wake up for all the platforming goodstuff this morning, but needed more than 3hours of sleep. QQ

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I actually am like 99% sure that every SA thread about a GDQ devolves into people feeling ~uncomfortable~ about the couch every time an anime game is on stream.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Leeham721 posted:

Yay Puwexil

I am ready.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I actually am like 99% sure that every SA thread about a GDQ devolves into people feeling ~uncomfortable~ about the couch every time an anime game is on stream.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
It's a justifiable feeling. :colbert:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's been a long time since I've played Castlevania 1 but there's something weird looking about the coloration or something. Or is it just me?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

mango sentinel posted:

Except Magical Popn is a good game and the character is actually adorable instead of having a creepy "gently caress this tiny girl" vibe.

EDIT: Tried to wake up for all the platforming goodstuff this morning, but needed more than 3hours of sleep. QQ

Oh no the game was fine. Dudes playing it were creepy.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Best Castlevania music.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmyzlnp41ls

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Crain posted:

Aw man, they moved tetris. Oh well, guess I'm just waiting around for Boshy later then.

Cool, I can actually watch it now instead of being stuck in a meeting.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Well, we clearly have hat for the sake of hat in the audience. Justice made etc.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
ohon just might be the best video game player. My fake wager is on him.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I have the sneaking suspicion that ohon is going to loving flatten these American dogs.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

ohon just might be the best video game player. My fake wager is on him.

I want him to

destroy

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ohon has the WR for Mega Man 5, correct? It's great he's attending here.

e: apparently I skipped the previous page

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Do I need an account on the Games Done Quick site to be eligible for the prizes? I pitched in $20 near the end of Magical Pop'n and wanna know if I'm able to get the repro cart or the PS4.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Do I need an account on the Games Done Quick site to be eligible for the prizes? I pitched in $20 near the end of Magical Pop'n and wanna know if I'm able to get the repro cart or the PS4.

You're fine, you don't need an account to be eligible.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Nah. You should have put contact information in at some point, and the tracker automatically enters you for prizes you were eligible for.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This mirror match on the ends is insane. :stare:

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Great game, puwexil commenting, skilled runners. I'm going to marry this race.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Ohon messed up one jump and now it seems like he's a hundred miles behind.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This race is seriously exciting. One of the best moments of the event so far for me, especially thinking back how much I suffer with this game. Never beaten it to this day.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Am I crazy or is the third player's stream dimmer than the rest? It was like that for the lawnmower thing as well. What's going on there?

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I love races for retro platformers and the like, instead of stuff like Diddy Kong Racing or whatever. It's so much easier to see what the split is at a glance while I'm at work. I don't need audio or commentary to know.

NE: Oh no middle runner died.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

MooCowlian posted:

Am I crazy or is the third player's stream dimmer than the rest? It was like that for the lawnmower thing as well. What's going on there?

Different capture cards. Some of them split the video and some of the brightness is lost. They should be able to modify the brightness in the streaming app but it's not too bad.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

androo posted:

I love races for retro platformers and the like, instead of stuff like Diddy Kong Racing or whatever. It's so much easier to see what the split is at a glance while I'm at work. I don't need audio or commentary to know.

NE: Oh no middle runner died.

It is crazy that he's so far behind just because he picked up the wrong power up

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Ohon's dead now and JC has a slim shot at taking second now.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

If kmac wins this he really earned it, I don't think he made a single mistake thus far.

E: Actually, this is probably just a race to see who gets second now.

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 6, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
There's three more stages though, it's far from over.

e: Now kmac died, although he's still got a good lead.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Eating my words immediately.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

And there it is.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It looks like the third screen is using RF instead of composite or the like as well regarding the brightness. Great race, I missed the Diddy Kong race so I don't know how terrible that was.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
kmac owns, jeez

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Great run by kmac

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Overall great race, though I wish it were a little closer.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Too bad about JC dying like three times. He had a good shot at second for a minute, there.

Really good race though, Ohon and Kmac were really close for almost the entire way.

e: oh my loving god :eyepop: ohon and JC with the big chokes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RyokoTK posted:

Too bad about JC dying like three times. He had a good shot at second for a minute, there.

Well, about that...

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

RyokoTK posted:

:allears: You were saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pressure is getting to ohon.

• Locked thread