Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Congratulations. Every forum or gunpla board I've checked usually has the same 4 models being built constantly, the 00 Raiser, Strike Freedom, Unicorn full boost and some form of the Astray. It must be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Congratulations. Every forum or gunpla board I've checked usually has the same 4 models being built constantly, the 00 Raiser, Strike Freedom, Unicorn full boost and some form of the Astray. It must be pretty good.

Apart from the Strike Freedom and MG Unicorn, those are all good kits. Unless the MG Strike Freedom is some masterpiece nobody cares to talk about because the PG sure as poo poo isn't and the HG is an HGSEED kit.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TARDISman posted:

Apart from the Strike Freedom and MG Unicorn, those are all good kits. Unless the MG Strike Freedom is some masterpiece nobody cares to talk about because the PG sure as poo poo isn't and the HG is an HGSEED kit.

I've got the giant gently caress off full burst SF and that kit has some issues.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Aw man, looks like I accidentally must've filed off or snipped off one of the nubs that allows the Turn A's missile hatches to hook into the hinge. It stays put from friction, but when you try to open the hatches it pops off. Then again, most of the ones that have proper hinges pop off, too, so I guess it's no big loss.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Ka0 posted:

I think it's more a matter of statistics, since there are more variants of the astray than the loving Zaku II at this point.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm trimming down to one or two MGs a month, I'm spending too much on Gunpla.

So I've bought MG Gundam X. I'm holding you goons responsible. :argh:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
You made the right choice. What is right, is never unwise.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Now that I've opened my MG kit it appears that it is indeed not modelled with that fancy interior skeleton thingy. I feel a little bit cheated, but I'll make do I guess.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
?

The MG Z+ is too old to have a complete inner frame like the Delta Plus, but it still has one.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

BlitzBlast posted:

?

The MG Z+ is too old to have a complete inner frame like the Delta Plus, but it still has one.

I just imagined it to be line the pics i've seen of an actual skeleton-like structure. To me it seems to be more like a robot with a few of the armour plated missing, which kinds of changes how I planned to paint it.. Now I'm sure I'll try to spray the bits on sprue then, there's no way I'm masking the various colours on this structure without making a complete mess.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MGs are famous for their inner frames, but when it comes to really detailed ones there's not actually that much. The pictured 2.0 is probably one of the best ones. Usual MGs scatter detail all over (the SEED vRM frame had really detailed calves, for instance), with most of the fun being in the engineering.

Try one of the Astrays or the higher tier vKa kits, I guess.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

lilljonas posted:

I just imagined it to be line the pics i've seen of an actual skeleton-like structure. To me it seems to be more like a robot with a few of the armour plated missing, which kinds of changes how I planned to paint it.. Now I'm sure I'll try to spray the bits on sprue then, there's no way I'm masking the various colours on this structure without making a complete mess.

You either want newer ver. Ka MGs or PGs for the kind of inner frame detail you're looking for.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I actually think he's talking about the RG's prebuilt inner frame. I could be way off, though. But yeah, MG doesn't have much less detail (at least when it comes to the inner frame), you just have to build it yourself. Which is way more fun, in my opinion.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Time to enable even greater laziness in non-painted kit building!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Forgot to post about it, but finished the Zaku a few weeks ago and it was amazing. What are some good kits of unusual suit designs, like the Guntank or something similar? Also is there an MG of the 8th MS team Ground type? The premade figure of that is the first Gundam I ever bought and having a better version would be neat.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Tighten up those joints Shiro!

I've only got one suit in mind for this year PG Unicorn or a PG Unicorn Variant. Also, I'm looking to pick up a decent display case / bookshelf to put them on. what's the consensus on the Buddy bookcase from IKEA?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

MJP posted:

Muthafukka I'm on hlj backorder for a pair for a million years. Where'd you order that from?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MJP posted:

Extreme snipper packaging.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The lightning illustrates the absolute power, of the snippers.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

An Angry Bug posted:

Forgot to post about it, but finished the Zaku a few weeks ago and it was amazing. What are some good kits of unusual suit designs, like the Guntank or something similar? Also is there an MG of the 8th MS team Ground type? The premade figure of that is the first Gundam I ever bought and having a better version would be neat.

There is a ground type MG, as well as an ez-8 and even a GM Head variant iirc. They're a bit on the old side but posters who have made them havent given any complaints.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Im looking to get my first MG Kit and I'm having trouble deciding between:

Gouf (2.0[2009] or Custom[2001])

RX-79(G) Gundam or EZ-8

Shining or G

Does anyone have any experience with these kits and let me know how the builds are? Should I focus on a newer MG? Should I get my 08th MS team fix in HGUC with the 2010 EZ-8 and Gouf Custom instead?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

The lightning illustrates the absolute power, of the snippers.

It's certainly doing its job and making me want to buy a pair. :stare:

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

An Angry Bug posted:

There is, and it's pretty old, so it has a ton of accessories and no full internal frame. It makes a nice beginner MG but if you're looking for ultra detail you'll be a bit disappointed.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
No inner frame? Dang. Might just get an HG of it then. Are there more recent MG kits of similar designs, like the tan helmet headed variant? The inner frame is a pretty major draw for me.

Edit: Just found a list of MG kits on the wiki. Gonna go through and look for neat ones. Sorry if these are a lot of questions.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

An Angry Bug posted:

No inner frame? Dang. Might just get an HG of it then. Are there more recent MG kits of similar designs, like the tan helmet headed variant? The inner frame is a pretty major draw for me.

Edit: Just found a list of MG kits on the wiki. Gonna go through and look for neat ones. Sorry if these are a lot of questions.

You could just look at dalong, he's got detailed photo reviews of pretty much everything.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Awesome, thanks.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pyronic posted:

Im looking to get my first MG Kit [...]

Gouf 2.0 is a great build. I can't vouch for the other suits you want but building the Gouf was a lot of fun.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Once the Aile Strike Gundam released was about when Master Grade kits began to consistently have internal frames rather than partial frames, if you want a good rule.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pyronic posted:

Im looking to get my first MG Kit and I'm having trouble deciding between:

Gouf (2.0[2009] or Custom[2001])

RX-79(G) Gundam or EZ-8

Shining or G

Does anyone have any experience with these kits and let me know how the builds are? Should I focus on a newer MG? Should I get my 08th MS team fix in HGUC with the 2010 EZ-8 and Gouf Custom instead?

g's a weird one since you need a screwdriver, pretty good kit though. Unless you really want the gouf custom, the 2.0 is better.

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Gouf 2.0 is a great build. I can't vouch for the other suits you want but building the Gouf was a lot of fun.

For what it's worth, if you want an Inner Frame, the 2009 Gouf 2.0 more or less has a full one, and it has the amazing monoeye gimmick where the eye turns along with the head, same as the 2.0 Zakus, AND a ball joint articulated heat rod.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blackchamber posted:

Muthafukka I'm on hlj backorder for a pair for a million years. Where'd you order that from?

I have a buddy in Japan who I asked to keep an eye out for them and buy as many pairs as he could get his hands on, and I'd reimburse him. If he gets anymore I intend to sell them at only what I pay for them + transshipment wherever possible, so hopefully that'll extend to this thread.

/r/gunpla mentioned that Amiami had them in stock if you had them on your watch list, but sold out super quickly.

I can't wait to get home and try them out tomorrow, packed schedule tonight :-(

MJP fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 6, 2015

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://gundamcentral.weebly.com/new-kits.html

Gundam Central now has pre-orders up for Dragon Momoko's 1/100 PG Sword/Launcher Strike Gundam. I hope that DM sometime in the near future releases all the striker packs in one box, cause I do not want to buy a Strike for every pack. :(

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Pyronic posted:

Shining or G

We're pretty much guaranteed an MG of the build burning Gundam sometime in the near future, if you want a kung-fu robot with more modern gunpla engineering.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
How long do you think before we see an MG G-Self? I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen any master grade announcements from G-Reco or BFT yet.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Red Bones posted:

We're pretty much guaranteed an MG of the build burning Gundam sometime in the near future, if you want a kung-fu robot with more modern gunpla engineering.

I built the HG build burning and it owns. Everyone should just buy and build that kit so they bring out the MG quicker. It's win win.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to wait till G-Reco ended, if only so they don't spoil anything with the G-Self's manual.

As for BFT, who the hell knows. You could argue they don't want to cut into HG sales, but we're moving into the upgrades now so that excuse doesn't really fly. I get the feeling they want to keep the G-Reco/BFT synchronization they've had so far, so maybe they're waiting for MG G-Self to get cleared before announcing MG BB?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Thanks guys, looks like the Gouf 2.0 is what I'll probably get.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pyronic posted:

Thanks guys, looks like the Gouf 2.0 is what I'll probably get.

The Zaku II 2.0 was my first exposure to a full inner frame. It's really, really nifty, and if you want to detail the innards, you have many opportunities to do so.

tgv
Oct 16, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

I got my two pairs on HLJ as well as a pair of the SEN-115 and if I remember correctly they took 3 months to fill that backorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Because I paid for express shipping, my MG Gundam X arrives tomorrow :dance:

Tomorrow, I become an official Goonpla.