Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
:wtc: ohon with the world's biggest choke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wow the choke artistry has been real this year.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Nice plot twist there at the end.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That's what you get when goons are rooting for you. Tears and misery.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Ohon playing the long con, getting ready to WR in MM5 at the marathon. Good run by KMAC.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
lets hope these autists power through to new record breaking runs that shaves milliseconds off their last time.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Schedule seems to not be loading for me. Were there any runs this morning between now and BroForce that were worth watching?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
SpikeVegeta on commentary :allears:

I am stoked beyond belief for Super Castlevania 4 now.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Zurreco posted:

Schedule seems to not be loading for me. Were there any runs this morning between now and BroForce that were worth watching?

Metal slug advance was pretty nice

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

I am stoked beyond belief for Super Castlevania 4 now.

Yeah, time to see if the death of TMR's Nes Mania for the last two months was worth it.

Edit: Wait, TMR's not even in the race? That's dissapointing.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Zurreco posted:

Gimmick and Battletoads were really good.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I would love to donate towards not describing things as "hype" anymore.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Zurreco posted:

Almost all the NES Block was fun. Gimmick, Lawnmower race, Blaster Master glitched to hell, Battletoads Coop, River City Ransom, etc. Goof Troop race was sweet too.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Heran Bago posted:

I would love to donate towards not describing things as "hype" anymore.

Start a new meme for Twitch chat then

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Poultron posted:

Start a new meme for Twitch chat then

Shoutout to the new hype meme.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Castlevania 4 has such good music, level 1 is the best. What a great game.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Some great childhood memories watching this race. Definitely one of the top games for me of that generation.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah Super Castlevania has a amazing soundtrack for a launch SNES game. There is a lot of great songs but I always love this track that appears in the boss gaunlet leading up to Death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYm6N5aM2wI

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
First casualty.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mr E posted:

I missed the Diddy Kong race so I don't know how terrible that was.
Racers didn't talk much, it's a generally kinda boring game to watch, and it was a 100% race so you got to watch them do three laps on every track three times on three separate screens.

It was DKR overload.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The dark screen has been cursed every race. Coincidence? Probably!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was going to say that this is brutally close, but I guess the upper-right guy likes high risk strategies. Which just makes it more exciting, I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, missing a trick in this game costs you hella time.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Oh, god, that chandelier room still makes me tense up, even when just watching someone else playing.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This commentary is really solid.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Furious Paul has a 35s lead right now, unless I miscounted.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I usually buy a t-shirt or two each marathon but I wish the colour variety was a bit better. I like the Save/Kill The Animals design the best by far but it's black, and I like the Bomber's Code colour the best but never played Zelda growing up so it has no meaning to me at all and getting two black/near black t-shirts seems a bit much considering I just gave like 5 away since I had too many.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dias posted:

Furious Paul has a 35s lead right now, unless I miscounted.

Yep, he's essentially one death ahead (or about six normal mistakes). I don't see it happening on level 9 (you have to work to die on level 9 even playing normally), but there's still a few nasty places to go.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Cerebulon posted:

I usually buy a t-shirt or two each marathon but I wish the colour variety was a bit better. I like the Save/Kill The Animals design the best by far but it's black, and I like the Bomber's Code colour the best but never played Zelda growing up so it has no meaning to me at all and getting two black/near black t-shirts seems a bit much considering I just gave like 5 away since I had too many.

This is my situation every *GDQ. I've started getting shirts with references I don't even particularly care about just because it's not a black or dark-blue shirt.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The commentary isn't bad, but I was hoping that after Super Metroid last year that that would be the new benchmark, I don't really know CV4 and they're not really explaining it that well.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Furious Paul is killin it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zurreco posted:

Furious Paul is killin it.

50s ahead now, dude's consistent as hell and he got some nice RNG to boot.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Times look like

33:19 for Furious Paul (wow)
34:02 Just Defend
34:35 Hanage
37:34 for Joe, too bad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Wait what? There's a TPP bot they're planning on running? That doesn't sound like a great idea. Even if you're just gonna give chat like 30min to get as far as possible.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Crain posted:

Wait what? There's a TPP bot they're planning on running? That doesn't sound like a great idea. Even if you're just gonna give chat like 30min to get as far as possible.

It's the other way around. I guess you didn't see the TAS block.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
TASBot Block is mandatory viewing every GDQ it shows up at.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Crain posted:

Current host said it backwards. The plan is some extension of the Pokemon Plays Twitch chat thing they did before, just crazier somehow.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
BattleKid is great

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TheQat posted:

BattleKid is great

So this is some kind of homebrewed NES game? It looks really fun and tricky. Like a not-lovely I Wanna Be the Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RyokoTK posted:

So this is some kind of homebrewed NES game? It looks really fun and tricky. Like a not-lovely I Wanna Be the Guy.

Yeah. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Kid:_Fortress_of_Peril

quote:

Battle Kid: Fortress Of Peril[1] is a homebrew 2D platform video game, released in February 2010 for the Nintendo Entertainment System, created by Sivak Games,[2][3] and published through Retrozone with the cover art designed by Larry Bundy Jr. Unlike most games in the modern era, Battle Kid is available for purchase only on a physical NES cartridge. While there has been a demand for a downloadable version, the developer has stated that the game is currently not planned to be released on any other formats due to a contract with Retrozone.

• Locked thread