Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What's the most up-to-date place to watch past broadcasts right now? Is there any Youtube channel that uploads every run as its own entry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

N is really boring

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

N is really boring

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Azazell0 posted:

What's the most up-to-date place to watch past broadcasts right now? Is there any Youtube channel that uploads every run as its own entry?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWDU-iokgQTudah5-4kAIQ

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

N is really boring

I was just about to say, it's the complete lack of emotions of the guys behind him, people like them always make runs bad.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Arrgytehpirate posted:

N is really boring

And N++ is still not out :argh:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I thank you kind Sir.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Oh colours......... :effort:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rudager posted:

I was just about to say, it's the complete lack of emotions of the guys behind him, people like them always make runs bad.

Seriously, if people would just be more enthusiastic about what they're doing every run would be dope.

I really liked that Descent run. Even though he went several minutes over estimate and even though Descent isn't the most interesting game to watch, I enjoyed the run overall because he was explaining bits about the game and how things work and seemed to actually like the game he dedicates so much time to. :shobon:

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Oh hey a crowd cam! It isn't during a run and would take up space during one but it's really nice to gage how big the crowd is right now.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cerebulon posted:

Oh hey a crowd cam! It isn't during a run and would take up space during one but it's really nice to gage how big the crowd is right now.

Not when it's zoomed in on some guys beard. Again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Here is our nerd gallery.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
CUCK FANCER

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
What is this boring poo poo they're doing with Rayman?

Slothpolo
Oct 1, 2005
STUPID
DICK

Rudager posted:

Oh colours......... :effort:

http://metanetsoftware.tumblr.com/
They are putting in exactly that effort currently!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Couldn't they just explain all this tech while actually playing the real run? They have like 3 people on the couch to commentate.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I think they're explaining all the techniques they're going to use BEFORE the run starts? I mean, I guess it makes sense, but it'd still be more fun to mention them as they come up...

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
3 2 1 GO

3 2 1 GO

3 2 1 GO

3 2 1 GO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

androo posted:

What is this boring poo poo they're doing with Rayman?

they are explaining all the poo poo they are goign to do int he run, before the run, while perfectly good commentators like spikevegeta are sitting on the couch

then during the run they are going to be like 'hey you know that interesting thing i said before the run, yea he is doing that'

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Looking at the schedule, they're only doing invasions and challenges, which is a pity -- it's a great game. Then again, I guess they did run it at SGDQ.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Eonwe posted:

they are explaining all the poo poo they are goign to do int he run, before the run, while perfectly good commentators like spikevegeta are sitting on the couch

then during the run they are going to be like 'hey you know that interesting thing i said before the run, yea he is doing that'

It wouldn't be so weird and offputting if they weren't saying 'that was bad' and restarting every 20 seconds.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

not only are they not actually doing a run they loving suck

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Looking at the schedule, they're only doing invasions and challenges, which is a pity -- it's a great game. Then again, I guess they did run it at SGDQ.

Yeah, the full game is amazing (and the run of it is amazing), but this is pretty boring with all the resets -- especially given that they're using a trainer to set the RNG seeds.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This is fantastically uninteresting.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Has it started yet, or are they just doing some pre-game resetting? :psyduck:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought this would be fun to watch but this is actually really loving dire.

Someone take away their reset button.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this seems like practice before the run

they could have practiced before they got on stream

this is boring as gently caress

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
How do I steam?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, the full game is amazing (and the run of it is amazing), but this is pretty boring with all the resets -- especially given that they're using a trainer to set the RNG seeds.
I really don't mind using a trainer to set the RNG properly rather than see 321GO over and over because the RNG went sour.

This is still loving awful, however.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whoever vetted this run loses their privileges to pick runs next year
also same to whoever picked those 100% racing games yesterday

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I mean a bunch of other games finished pretty early.. I hope they're actually doing the run.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
So is this just about individual level times, hence no overall timer, or have they not actually started?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Eonwe posted:

this seems like practice before the run

they could have practiced before they got on stream

this is boring as gently caress

This is basically just a showcase of speed tech in Rayman Legends, they're not actually going to be doing a run of Rayman Legends. That's why the etc is 20 minutes.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I was really excited for rayman too

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
mercy kill this poo poo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Ah, so thats what they're doing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i could stretch my rear end cheeks in front of the webcam and poo poo out a nasty poop and it would be as good as this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This is basically just a showcase of speed tech in Rayman Legends, they're not actually going to be doing a run of Rayman Legends. That's why the etc is 20 minutes.

What the hell is the point of showing off tech for a run we won't see? :psyduck:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hey I'm gonna show off how to do stuff in Rayman.

3 2 1 GO

*can't do any of it*

3 2 1 GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

What the hell is the point of showing off tech for a run we won't see? :psyduck:

the speedrun is to see how fast you can say 'that was bad' then reset

• Locked thread