Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
"The way I'm going to do it is one frame slower, but notably more consistent" *dies immediately after talking*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Eonwe posted:

i could stretch my rear end cheeks in front of the webcam and poo poo out a nasty poop and it would be as good as this

3 2 1 GO!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
3 dudes explaining how cool things could be.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's seems odd to try to show off why a game is a good speed running game while being completely boring at speed running it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is like a giant disappointment.

A Rayman Legends run with SV on the couch doing commentary, and we're not even going to get a run. Just showing random tech while doing stages over and over.

Who thought this was a good idea :psyduck:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
'thats one of the best parts of running this game' that you won't see this year

lol

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, does anybody have that video of a speedrunner doing OoT while blindfolded, but runs into a glitch and gets incredibly lost while still playing blindfolded? I want to watch something entertaining while waiting for the next run.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
'this is dumb'

reset

'this is really difficult'

reset

finishes 10 seconds faster than the other dude who took it slow

whole room applauds

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm just gonna assume they needed to fill some time and this wasn't prepped at all.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dude this sucks my rear end

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

I guess it's kinda nice to show off how actual techniques might work in a game in-depth for those who are interested in starting to speedrun (which I assume will be a bunch of people after each marathon), but this might not've been the best way to go about it. Just feels a bit disconnected compared to other runs.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dude this sucks my rear end

yeah

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Eonwe posted:

whoever vetted this run loses their privileges to pick runs next year
also same to whoever picked those 100% racing games yesterday

I hope you're not talking about axing the F-Zero runs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hey, does anybody have that video of a speedrunner doing OoT while blindfolded, but runs into a glitch and gets incredibly lost while still playing blindfolded? I want to watch something entertaining while waiting for the next run.

I don't know about that particular run but here is a 100% run by him blindfolded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQaY6H-U4uw

he is doing a OOT blindfolded child dungeons only run at AGDQ whichi s a lot shorter and more consistent

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
That wraps it up!

Kreittis
Jan 7, 2010

Foxhound? Houndfox.

These guys are pretty good at making rayman look boring.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd rather watch more N or Touhou other than whatever this poo poo is.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
loving epic.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
Ugh. I saw Rayman Legends with an estimated time of 20 mins and was expecting some crazy broken tricks. Instead its 20 mins of guys failing to do some mildly broken tricks.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I guess it's kinda nice to show off how actual techniques might work in a game in-depth for those who are interested in starting to speedrun (which I assume will be a bunch of people after each marathon), but this might not've been the best way to go about it. Just feels a bit disconnected compared to other runs.

It'd make a real good YouTube tutorial I guess dunno why they did it mid marathon though

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

"we mostly do RTAs at GDQ"

gee i wonder why

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I liked the timer that popped with an ETA on the next game.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Like I'd like get into Rayman Legends speedrunning, but this is not selling me on it at all. Sorry Spikevegeta.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This is almost as cool as when ultrajman showed off his game of thrones fanfic game during sgdq

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This run has more clapping than I've seen at most games so far this year.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
AW gently caress YEAH IT'S BOSHY TIME! And it's a 100% :woop:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

please boshy redeem this stream

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

bobjr posted:

This run has more clapping than I've seen at most games so far this year.

Most runs don't need to be inflated to stop from getting awkward.

SpikeVegeta is still cool though and partially saved it.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Some real strange decisions this year.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Man I'm glad I tuned in for the end of that Rayman crap. Next run should be interesting though!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Well that was the most entertaining thing I've seen all stream so far. Time to tune out I guess.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

I don't know about that particular run but here is a 100% run by him blindfolded

Looked it up myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf31vbZO8yo

Fun starts a minute in.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Takoluka posted:

Most boring yet. *gets $250k in a little over 24h* Sigh, I wish something interesting would happen.

Yeah I too like to gauge entertainment by how much money is donated to it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Looked it up myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf31vbZO8yo

Fun starts a minute in.

cool im gonna watch this later, thanks!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Prevent Charity Foundation" is one of the funniest slips this year.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Witwix time!

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

ImPureAwesome posted:

It'd make a real good YouTube tutorial I guess dunno why they did it mid marathon though

Or something for the bonus stream - it was way too short to actually be effective as a tutorial. But yeah, it's something I'd expect to see on Youtube. When I saw "Invasions and Challenges" in the schedule at first I didn't look at the time alotted to it, so I assumed it was a donation incentive to do those things after an actual run. Pity I was wrong about that.

Oh well, IwbtB should be entertaining at least, plus the DKC2 race afterwards has potential.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I enjoy that they're now actually showing the people in the room in between games and there's crowd noise. For the longest time I thought they only had the ~10 people on camera watching each run.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
"Did you hear about the guy who lost his left side, his all right now" :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tonfa posted:

I enjoy that they're now actually showing the people in the room in between games and there's crowd noise. For the longest time I thought they only had the ~10 people on camera watching each run.

yeah this is way better

props to them for showing people

• Locked thread