Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm expecting Agent Carter to be decent - no more, no less. The previews make this whole mini series look like an excuse to name drop while people ogle at Haley Atwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm expecting it to be witty, stylish, and action packed.

A 1940s Alias is all I want.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Early reviews seem to be pretty positive. Hell I was just trolling Grantland looking for a writeup on the recent Cavs trade in the NBA and there was a really positive piece about it on there from its TV critic (who hate hate hate hated AoS first season).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

ABC's commercials are literally selling it as that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

mikeraskol posted:

Early reviews seem to be pretty positive. Hell I was just trolling Grantland looking for a writeup on the recent Cavs trade in the NBA and there was a really positive piece about it on there from its TV critic (who hate hate hate hated AoS first season).

I've heard this a few times now, so what is the general, positive consensus? What is it that they are all saying they like?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TyrantWD posted:

I'm expecting Agent Carter to be decent - no more, no less. The previews make this whole mini series look like an excuse to name drop while people ogle at Haley Atwell.

I felt the same way about Pillars of the Earth

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Azhais posted:

I felt the same way about Pillars of the Earth

Pillars of the Earth turned out to be good tho... We still don't know about Agent Carter.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm genuinely excited about tonight's premier. It looks like it ought to be pretty good.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The only thing I'm worried about is too many nods to the fact that she's a WOMAN who is kicking rear end. The advertising has focused a lot on this and I hear from people who have seen the first episode that this is annoying. Hopefully they grow out of it by episode 2.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm just picturing this show as No One Lives Forever the TV Show.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Can I just say I appreciate the effort Rarity put into updating the OP, and also shaming Barry Convex. Good times.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Timett posted:

The only thing I'm worried about is too many nods to the fact that she's a WOMAN who is kicking rear end. The advertising has focused a lot on this and I hear from people who have seen the first episode that this is annoying. Hopefully they grow out of it by episode 2.

What's the matter... can't handle the fact that it's a WOMAN'S world now? Don't you love her fabulous hats? Sometimes the best man for the job... is a WOMAN! She's a strong independent woman who don't need no MAN! :wink:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Deakul posted:

What's the matter... can't handle the fact that it's a WOMAN'S world now? Don't you love her fabulous hats? Sometimes the best man for the job... is a WOMAN! She's a strong independent woman who don't need no MAN! :wink:

I read this in Tina Belcher's voice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cool kids inc. posted:

Can I just say I appreciate the effort Rarity put into updating the OP, and also shaming Barry Convex. Good times.

Thank you! I expected nobody would notice :shobon:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Thank you! I expected nobody would notice :shobon:

You did it very stealthily. It's good though, now I actually know who else is in the cast besides Carter and Stark.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regy Rusty posted:

You did it very stealthily

I was going to post but updating took so long I forgot :negative:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Deakul posted:

I'd be perfectly fine with this.

I'm also interested in the scope of the story, since it's only eight episodes, right? Assuming that the show does well, would there be a season two, or is this just a one-off thing?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think the hope is that they can run a Crater season every year at this time. If it doesn't do well for them it's easy for them to say it's just a one off thing. They can't really lose here from an image perspective.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Is Agent Carter supposed to tie in to the current series of Agents of Shield at all or is it going to be its own separate thing?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Is Agent Carter supposed to tie in to the current series of Agents of Shield at all or is it going to be its own separate thing?

I don't think we know for sure. I expect it to have some relation though. Carter has already directly interacted with part of the plot from the earlier half of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if her story sets up some plot elements for the second half.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Given the cameos in AOS, it's a tie-in. But that doesn't mean it can't tell original stories.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

We don't know for sure, and there will likely at least be some Easter eggs that connect, but probably more the latter. There's nothing we've seen of Agent Carter that really points in the former direction, and a lot we have seen that doesn't (an almost completely different crew, no sign yet of any fantastic elements beyond some improbably advanced Starktech).

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Didn't the short have something to do with Zodiac? That's an easy eight episodes about a criminal organization with bases all over the US and a low-key extra-dimensional aspect. Pretty much what SHIELD's been doing with Hydra and the Kree/Inhumans so far, but in the 40's.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Inkspot posted:

Didn't the short have something to do with Zodiac? That's an easy eight episodes about a criminal organization with bases all over the US and a low-key extra-dimensional aspect. Pretty much what SHIELD's been doing with Hydra and the Kree/Inhumans so far, but in the 40's.

Sure, but the series doesn't involve Zodiac (at least as far as we know).

Also, Jeremy Renner is shooting something as Hawkeye today, which could be AOU reshoots, but Clark Gregg did post that possible tease...

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 7, 2015

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Barry Convex posted:

Sure, but the series doesn't involve Zodiac (at least as far as we know).

Also, Jeremy Renner is shooting something as Hawkeye today, which could be AOU reshoots, but Clark Gregg did post that possible tease...

And Renner specifically said he couldn't say what. If it were AOU reshoots I'd think it wasn't a big deal. Could be the Shawarma scene for AOU though, I guess.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I missed that info. Can I get some links, please?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hawkeye gonna be hitting on Mockingbird. All they need is to have Spiderwoman and we can have Bartons Angels.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

And Renner specifically said he couldn't say what. If it were AOU reshoots I'd think it wasn't a big deal. Could be the Shawarma scene for AOU though, I guess.

If it's for SHIELD, it'll probably be announced at the TCA press tour next Wednesday. That was where they revealed Deathlok and the Sif guest appearance last year, IIRC.

It's much too early for the post-AoU episodes to be shooting anyway, so there's no reason why such an announcement would have to be embargoed.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

twistedmentat posted:

Hawkeye gonna be hitting on Mockingbird. All they need is to have Spiderwoman and we can have Bartons Angels.

Stop pitching One-Shots we're never going to get. My heart can't take it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There, Captain America was on AoS. You happy?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm pretty hype for this, if only because Carter is a neat character and WW2 era spy poo poo rules so hard, so I can't imagine throwing in super powers and poo poo will hurt it much.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love how Stark is literally Howard Hughes

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A Stark disdainful of the government? You don't say!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Shut the gently caress up Women this is a mans world.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how Stark is literally Howard Hughes

As it should be. I'm pretty sure that's how he's been treated in the comics but it's been a while. But yea, Tony being the spawn of Howard Hughs With Super Tech absolutely makes sense.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love you Enver Gjokaj

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thank God for Enver Gjokaj

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Is it just the CTV feed or does the picture look kind of fuzzy like old British television for everyone else?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Fifties!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tubsy's fuckin mad about his sammich, a cold critique of the wealth gap in the era.

Dacap posted:

Is it just the CTV feed or does the picture look kind of fuzzy like old British television for everyone else?

99% sure it's a filter for ~the past~

• Locked thread