Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Austrian mook posted:

Finally, that piece of poo poo game is over.
We might as well just have a robot to post that after every single run to save grouchy rear end people the trouble. :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Playing chiptunes is way better than having dead air or plugging sponsors, nice job whoever came up with that one.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Cubey posted:

the 20k donation was from notch

Looks like it: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donor/42900/12 The 20k donation had a note for just a little while "(Hey guys you read my name but I'd prefer to be anonymous)". And the 10k donation was credited as notch the other day.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Crowd shots between games was a great decision

:laffo:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The audience shots between runs go a long way towards rehumanizing the event. And I'm just in a good mood after that sweet Boshy run.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I'd like to think that if I suddenly had 2 billion dollars, I would throw a few tens of grands out to good causes like this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Now they're saying Zelda 2 is coming up next.

Heran Bago posted:

The audience shots between runs go a long way towards rehumanizing the event. And I'm just in a good mood after that sweet Boshy run.

:agreed:

Also whichever idiot was thinking YSG's banned from the main hall is dumb since you can clearly hear him.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Crain posted:

Literal all time high for viewership says you're wrong.

The run was good despite the game but this is the worst argument to make for anything ever. "Eat poo poo a billion flies can't be wrong."

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
DKC2 delayed because one of the runner's flights was delayed.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Now they're saying Zelda 2 is coming up next.

Someone better wake up Feasel.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Zelda 2 is a good run, and Feasel's supposed to be on the couch, which is good because Feasel is a super cool cat.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'd like to think that if I suddenly had 2 billion dollars, I would throw a few tens of grands out to good causes like this.

If you had 2 billion dollars, that's start-a-charitable-foundation type money. :colbert:

But yeah, this is definitely worth the donations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A game can be bad but entertaining to watch someone competent play. A game can be good and boring to watch. That game is probably bad by my standards, just too punishing, but the run was amazing.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Crain posted:

The game itself is really bad. Like really really bad

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Crain posted:

lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dash O Pepper posted:

The run was good despite the game but this is the worst argument to make for anything ever. "Eat poo poo a billion flies can't be wrong."

The run was good because the game is bullshit trash. It's the whole basis of Awful Games Done Quick, which is one of the better parts of every marathon.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Are past events up anywhere? I wanted to see a bunch of the NES ones today but then I saw that they all happened at like 4-6am.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

The run was good because the game is bullshit trash. It's the whole basis of Awful Games Done Quick, which is one of the better parts of every marathon.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Beekeeping and You posted:

was the battletoads run good? I sort of wanted to see it, but it was at like 4 am

Yes, find the VOD and watch it.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Beekeeping and You posted:

was the battletoads run good? I sort of wanted to see it, but it was at like 4 am

I watched it this morning and it was pretty good. It's worth it to watch, only takes about 30 minutes.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The game itself is really bad. Like really really bad

boshy sucks but witwix is cool

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Swan Curry posted:

56:03

e:That's witwix's PB, not the record. Actually, that might be the record too

I think CosmicSense still has it at 55:41.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

raditts posted:

Are past events up anywhere? I wanted to see a bunch of the NES ones today but then I saw that they all happened at like 4-6am.

I just hit google and do AGDQ 2015 (game name here) and usually you can get a twitch or youtube link in the first hit.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Crain posted:

Doesn't make it a good game. A guy who can commentate while playing and the always fun death total donation incentives makes it a lot more fun to watch than play.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dias posted:

I don't think I would compare Boshy to something like Pac-Man 2. The latter is fun to watch because it is so bizarre and incompetently made, but the badness is actually being showcased (like, that's the point of the run). Boshy is just a bullshit hard game that exists to be hard and Witwix just bent it over his knee.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Dias posted:

Is awful games done quick always at like 4 am? I wanted to see radical rex because I had that game as a kid and it was total trash, but...

And, hey, thanks, will do :)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Crain posted:

I don't know but witwix has it. He's like the only one who runs this game.

BBF_ has a 52:56 that I believe is still the record because Witwix doesn't run 100% enough to take it back. I think he only started practicing again for AGDQ like last week. BBF_'s VOD here - http://www.twitch.tv/bbf_/c/5235280

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hahah that wave.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah boshi is a poo poo game but witwix made it a really fun run and the donation by death thing was cool. you are a sandy vagina if you didn't enjoy that run.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Yeah, the marathon feels a lot more alive now with the audience cam and chiptunes between games. :cheers:

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Dias posted:

The run was good because it was short, played well, by a good runner, with good commentary. The game doesn't really matter when those other parts are aligned.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Boshy is actually a fun game to play. I can't get past the ryu boss tho.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I'm really glad that fun is allowed again.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Crowd shots are much better than spending 20 minutes watching people untangle the SNES controller.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

90% of the entertainment value was witwix, the other 10% was the couch groaning at every death. The game itself could have been almost anything, it was the people making it good.

Though watching stuff like Dark Forces or Commander Keen is also fun, just pure speedrunning, but having somebody being funny while talking goes a long way.

E;f,b

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Also whichever idiot was thinking YSG's banned from the main hall is dumb since you can clearly hear him.

Yes but he is clearly being taken away by the FBI :ohdear:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
If this guy cries or applauds at Zelda II I'm going to lose my poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Iceplug's FBI hoodie is perfect since with his glasses and shaved head, he always looked like an FBI agent anyway.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Good call on showing a larger crowd on cam. It feels more open now, to put it one way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BillehS posted:

Yes but he is clearly being taken away by the FBI :ohdear:

Nah, they're just protecting him from all the nerds who for some reason worship him. Dude gets a lot of crazy paparazzi and stuff.

e: what's the "crying at Zelda" stuff you guys are talking about?
e2: new page :v:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 6, 2015

• Locked thread