Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

little munchkin posted:

Boshy is actually a fun game to play. I can't get past the ryu boss tho.

No, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dash O Pepper posted:

The run was good because it was short, played well, by a good runner, with good commentary. The game doesn't really matter when those other parts are aligned.

That's because the game allows that. It's fun to see someone absolutely destroy one of those death-trap platformers, witwix being good at commentary helped, but I don't think even the guy would save RE4 NG+, for instance.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
NM I guess crying guy isnt on the main couch.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh boy Zelda 2.

I really want to find out if a certain bug I found was just an emulator bug or a real speedrun tactic.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Whatever happened to Pies interview segments?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Wait, so Feasel isn't normally a mass of blue pixels?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

NM I guess crying guy isnt on the main couch.

When did that happen, and does anyone have a link to it? :stare:

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Vakal posted:

Wait, so Feasel isn't normally a mass of blue pixels?

Thats a stunt double, the real Feasel is in a bunker somewhere.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Your Computer posted:

When did that happen, and does anyone have a link to it? :stare:

Hehe, that would be a link...to the past.

Heh.

(I don't.)

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

A good runner played well while commenting well, they actually showed more than 15 people at once on camera and people were really enjoying themselves. Is this even the same marathon as the past two days?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Feasel looks befuddled by the light around him.

Social Media posted:

A good runner played well while commenting well, they actually showed more than 15 people at once on camera and people were really enjoying themselves. Is this even the same marathon as the past two days?

:agreed:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Social Media posted:

They broke away from Uyama's totalitarian regime and started their own marathon with ~fun~

Damathacus
Apr 1, 2010

Social Media posted:

I was wondering the same thing, it's like whole feeling of the event suddenly changed for much better.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Also a ton of hype in the room for Zelda 2.

I think a part of it is that the people in the hall are excited for the big-name games. No one, speed runner or otherwise, gives half a poo poo about Tomb Raider Anniversary. But everyone knows and likes Zelda.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Riveting commentary on Zelda II.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I think the audience would've been as excited for other games if they were, you know, acknowledged at all before this point.

e:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's better runs and better runners, like we've been repeating for the past two goddamned days. GDQs are usually front-loaded with boring stuff. Plus, now you can see the crowd and therefore believe it exists.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Feasel looking around shifty eyed constantly. I think he's afraid of people stealing his soul.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I loving hate Zelda 2 but this run is incredible.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Negronomicon posted:

Feasel looking around shifty eyed constantly. I think he's afraid of people stealing his soul.

He's always on the look out for random attacks from Karateka birds.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
The games are getting consistently better, but I think it's more that they're feeling out the new space and atmosphere.

When the stream started I thought they were in one of those 10x15 hotel conference rooms.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
This game has one of my favorite broken-rear end glitch/TAS runs. Shame there's not more tricks going on.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

raditts posted:

I loving hate Zelda 2 but this run is incredible.

You have it backwards: the game is rad but this run is blah.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

This year's charity shirts are kind of lacking. There's no serious time shirt but there's this:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Heran Bago posted:

This year's charity shirts are kind of lacking. There's no serious time shirt but there's this:

This is horrible, who the gently caress designed this

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Austrian mook posted:

A ~30 year old nerd.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

I want to say Seinfeld. It's so 90s ugly it's amazing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Austrian mook posted:

Oh come on, it's so tacky it loops around to being awesome :colbert:

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Dias posted:

That's because the game allows that. It's fun to see someone absolutely destroy one of those death-trap platformers, witwix being good at commentary helped, but I don't think even the guy would save RE4 NG+, for instance.

That run was abysmal and should pretty much never be spoken of,but it failed in the first two categories I listed, commentary aside. An RE4 run could be good, maybe not the full game, as I don't know if any major skips are possible. A max-score run of Mercenaries mode could definitely be entertaining.

Also didn't the RE4 dude play the wii version as well and use the auto-tracking laser? Half the fun of RE4 is popping headshots constantly, the guy who ran it made it into an A->B snorefest.

e: forgot words

tony police fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 6, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Heran Bago posted:

I'm pretty if I somebody wearing this in public, I would avoid eye contact and start walking faster.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I really wanna say that's a reference to something, it looks like a book cover. Maybe it's just referencing 90s aesthetics.

Save/Kill the Animals shirt is cool, so is Shovel Knight.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Last year I was walking down the street with the FFVI shirt on and a passing bicyclist said "NERD" at me.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh man, now I remember why I hated Zelda 2.

Other than the awful controls, of course.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Heran Bago posted:

Last year I was walking down the street with the FFVI shirt on and a passing bicyclist said "NERD" at me.

What an ugly shirt.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Heran Bago posted:

I don't think anyone would be able to recognize that while passing on a bike. Might have been the fedora.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This is the most uncomfortable couch we've had since that awful anime megaman clone last night. It's going to be a real bummer when they break 300k in the middle of a super boring section of this run.

Dias posted:

I really wanna say that's a reference to something, it looks like a book cover. Maybe it's just referencing 90s aesthetics.

It looks like every logo for every TV show from the early 90s, though none of the ones I just looked up match it. It's kind of driving me crazy with how familiar it is.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

androo posted:

I don't think anyone would be able to recognize that while passing on a bike. Might have been the fedora.

Would you say it... tipped him off? :tipshat:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

androo posted:

I think it was the spaghetti falling out of my cargo jorts.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zurreco posted:

It looks like every logo for every TV show from the early 90s, though none of the ones I just looked up match it. It's kind of driving me crazy with how familiar it is.

I'm pretty sure it's Saved By The Bell you're thinking of. It's what I'm thinking of and I never even watched that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
I might have missed it on the commentary but why is up+a banned?

• Locked thread