Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Forgive me if this has already been discussed to death, 'cause I just started playing this a week or two ago and haven't been reading the thread.

Has anyone else noticed that this game is, like, Bethesda-levels of buggy? Enemies phasing through walls (and still being able to shoot you while you can't shoot back) has been a constant source of annoyance for me. Twice now I've gotten a glitch where my shield inexplicably fills really fast, constantly, no matter what happens, until I save and quit (good for me, but I don't like "cheating"). That one Moxxi lightning gun leaves (really loving loud) buggy artifacts everywhere. I don't even know whether it's a bug or some sort of unexplained hidden feature but every time I pull out a rocket launcher in FFYL it only consumes a rocket one shot out of two for some reason, meaning my five-shot rocket launcher gets out 8-10 shots, again making me feel like a cheater. When a frozen enemy dies to elemental damage/bleed during FFYL, it doesn't trigger second wind. Sometimes when you second wind after having been downed by an ice weapon, you are "frozen" (slow) forever until you save-and-quit. About half the time a flying enemy drops moonstones or other loot, it phases through the floor and disappears forever. In the robot manufacturing plant, old voice clips from the story mission you did ages ago inexplicably play again every time you enter certain areas.

And those are just the bugs I've encountered multiple times. There are also a host of other unreproducible glitches I've experienced.

Meanwhile, BL2 was basically glitch-free, in my experience. Gearbox/2K Australia couldn't be doing a better job of convincing me that BLTPS is a slapdash, cash-out product whose sixty-dollar triple-A price tag is a loving insult. It's the Hobbit movies series to BL2's LOTR trilogy.

And yet it's still super fun and I want to keep playing it. But it makes me angry :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I don't know about all of that other stuff, but there are some affixes to rocket launchers that I've seen that make it "consume less ammo" or something like that, maybe that's why some rocket launchers do that?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

DontMockMySmock posted:

I don't even know whether it's a bug or some sort of unexplained hidden feature but every time I pull out a rocket launcher in FFYL it only consumes a rocket one shot out of two for some reason, meaning my five-shot rocket launcher gets out 8-10 shots, again making me feel like a cheater.
Are they Vladof launchers? Since BL2, they've had an intentional hidden feature that they consume less ammo. This was exploitable in BL2 via weapon merging to apply it to other guns for infinite ammo, but that has been fixed with TPS. It's why I prefer to carry Vladofs, as it gives me a better chance to beat FFYL.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
The main thing I have seen that actually annoys me (the lightning gun thing is hilarious to me, levels end up like a mad scientist's lab if you use it consistently) is that objects dropped by dead enemies clip through floors and disappear. This has, I think, happened in every BL game though so it's just kind of one of those things you have to be zen about.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

jneer posted:

Claptrap's ability makes my four person group sigh every time he chooses the non-stop shooting option, which is like 50% of the time. I can feel our willingness to play the game decrease whenever he does it.

You really have to just own how loving annoying claptrap is to play him enjoyably. Using him as a group sacrificial lamb and punching bag is kind of ideal.

Don't know what's ahead or just need a distraction for a badass? Send in the claptrap to get FFYLed and draw out all enemies with "kick him while he's down". Then have Athena smack the poo poo out of him to revive, let second wind by tedore work it's magic, or gently caress it and let him die because it's claptrap. A whole team gun wizarding or funzerking tedore smgs is beautiful stupid fun too.

I've found that the kick him while he's down bomb action seems to really override the frequency of the funzerking skill. It's a bit more enjoyable for them to watch claptrap toodle off into enemies trying to hug them to death with a giant explosion.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Shifty Pony posted:

You really have to just own how loving annoying claptrap is to play him enjoyably. Using him as a group sacrificial lamb and punching bag is kind of ideal.

Don't know what's ahead or just need a distraction for a badass? Send in the claptrap to get FFYLed and draw out all enemies with "kick him while he's down". Then have Athena smack the poo poo out of him to revive, let second wind by tedore work it's magic, or gently caress it and let him die because it's claptrap. A whole team gun wizarding or funzerking tedore smgs is beautiful stupid fun too.

I've found that the kick him while he's down bomb action seems to really override the frequency of the funzerking skill. It's a bit more enjoyable for them to watch claptrap toodle off into enemies trying to hug them to death with a giant explosion.

420 play as Claptrap erry day.

I mean, I sympathize with random Gunzerking (my wife prefers to play sniper, so she wants to murder me every time it comes up :v:), but the above pretty much encapsulates my playstyle and why I'm pretty sure Claptrap is my favorite BL character I've ever played.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Doodles posted:

Are they Vladof launchers? Since BL2, they've had an intentional hidden feature that they consume less ammo. This was exploitable in BL2 via weapon merging to apply it to other guns for infinite ammo, but that has been fixed with TPS. It's why I prefer to carry Vladofs, as it gives me a better chance to beat FFYL.

Very well hidden feature, indeed.

That said, yeah, this game has a lot more bugs than BL2. Some of them can be circumvented. For example, re-freezing yourself has a good chance of fixing the perma-freeze bug. But enemies clipping through walls is terrible, it happens on literally every map.

Loot falling through the floor has a been a problem since the very first Borderlands game, and they STILL haven't managed to fix it. At least you can trade things to your friends instead of having to drop it and hope they can pick it up.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Solumin posted:

Very well hidden feature, indeed.

Alright, apparently I'm bad at reading. Also bad at noticing things, because I never noticed this in BL2. :ms:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Has Gearbox said anything about when the Baroness is coming out? Or like, anything about her at all? After noticing that half of Jack's skills contradict each other, he is way less fun to play. I guess I just don't "get" how to play as him, half of his skills are focused on buffing the digi-Jacks and the other half are focused on nerfing the digi-Jacks and he's got like the most useless stack skills ever and it's like whyyyyy

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

There's a quick reference to her in the Holodome DLC, so assume she's coming next before the story DLC.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

CJacobs posted:

Has Gearbox said anything about when the Baroness is coming out? Or like, anything about her at all? After noticing that half of Jack's skills contradict each other, he is way less fun to play. I guess I just don't "get" how to play as him, half of his skills are focused on buffing the digi-Jacks and the other half are focused on nerfing the digi-Jacks and he's got like the most useless stack skills ever and it's like whyyyyy

I chose the left and right trees for fake Jack because it buffs the Digi-Jacks and guns. He survives pretty well, I think

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CJacobs posted:

Nothing actually 'de-buffs' the Digi-Jacks, there are just bonuses for them dying. Keep in mind that a Digi-Jack dematerializing because you're too far away counts as it dying for game mechanics purposes, which procs all the fun stuff in the middle tree.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

I chose the left and right trees for fake Jack because it buffs the Digi-Jacks and guns. He survives pretty well, I think

You can also go down the center and right trees to buff yourself. With the center capstone skill, Leadership, kill skills will activate when a Digi-Jack dies. You have Synergy and Believe to boost your gun damage while Winning helps with survivability and mobility. Leadership will also trigger Jack's Cache so you can run with as little grenades as possible to make the most out of Just Compensation while still being able to use grenades somewhat frequently.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Guys, UVHM Holodome is hard. Or, more likely, I'm bad at video games (TM).

I found out that the infinitely respawning Moxxi chest levels up with you in UVHM, unlike in TVHM or normal.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

evenworse username posted:

The main thing I have seen that actually annoys me (the lightning gun thing is hilarious to me, levels end up like a mad scientist's lab if you use it consistently) is that objects dropped by dead enemies clip through floors and disappear. This has, I think, happened in every BL game though so it's just kind of one of those things you have to be zen about.

One of the main things that causes this in BL2/TPS is PhysX. Setting it down to low gives floors +1 to Loot Clipping and saves a lot of stuff. Not all the time but was especially noticable in the Bunker fight in BL2. Could try that if your PhysX is set higher?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

AirRaid posted:

One of the main things that causes this in BL2/TPS is PhysX. Setting it down to low gives floors +1 to Loot Clipping and saves a lot of stuff. Not all the time but was especially noticable in the Bunker fight in BL2. Could try that if your PhysX is set higher?

I have the wrong brand video card and therefore don't have PhysX at all, and still experience loot clipping problems way too much. It boggles my mind that there are users out there who have an even WORSE problem because of PhysX.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
That's weird, for the first couple of years, I couldn't run PhysX any higher than "low" and I never had a notable issue with poo poo clipping through solid objects or falling through the world. It was only after I installed an NVidia card and bumped PhysX up to medium/high that it became noticeable.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's weird, for the first couple of years, I couldn't run PhysX any higher than "low" and I never had a notable issue with poo poo clipping through solid objects or falling through the world. It was only after I installed an NVidia card and bumped PhysX up to medium/high that it became noticeable.

That's because an overwhelming majority of today's nVidia GPUs have built-in PhysX support.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Welp, BL2 and Pre-Sequel are coming to Xbone and PS4: http://www.gamespot.com/Borderlads-PS4-Xbox-One-Remaster-Handsome-Jack-Collection/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Pre Sequel and BL2 are coming to Ps4 and xbox one after all. $60 remaster w/ I believe all the DLC. There's also a $400 version that comes w/ a claptrap.

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/borderlands-2-and-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-come-to-next-gen-in-borderland

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Saves can be ported over as long as its within the same console manufacturer (so PS3 -> PS4 but not 360 -> PS4). I will probably get this, and give Gearbox and Randy Pitchford even more of my money :negative:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You can probably use Gibbed to convert your save over to the other console's format. I'm not sure if that's actually helpful, since I'm on PC.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Solumin posted:

You can probably use Gibbed to convert your save over to the other console's format. I'm not sure if that's actually helpful, since I'm on PC.

You can't edit saves on the next gen consoles yet but converting one from 360 to ps3 or vice versa should do it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I Am Frick posted:

That's because an overwhelming majority of today's nVidia GPUs have built-in PhysX support.

Oh I already knew that. So are you saying that people might be getting clipping issues similar to having their PhysX set to "medium" or "high" because--even though they've got it set to "low"--their Nvidia cards are doing more at "low" than AMD at the same settings? That would be interesting, because for the first two years of playing BL2, I had an HD 5850 and an HD 7790--neither of which played BL2 at an acceptable framerate with PhysX above "low" (unsurprisingly), so they always stayed on the lowest settings. And in hundreds of hours of playing BL2 and TPS, I never had any issues like the clipping and collision issues I noticed when I got a GTX 770 and went to "medium" and then "high" PhysX.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

So I assume that they're just improving the graphics and not changing anything about the games.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rinkles posted:

The Pre Sequel and BL2 are coming to Ps4 and xbox one after all. $60 remaster w/ I believe all the DLC.

drat, they are trying their very hardest to give the biggest middle finger possible to people who bought the Pre-Sequel on last-gen.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I, for one, am honestly excited to bring in my broken-as-gently caress Maliwan launchers and grenade mods to an HD bar brawl for several hours.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
If they allowed BL2 characters to play through BL:TPS and vice versa I would absolutely buy this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lazerwolf posted:

If they allowed BL2 characters to play through BL:TPS and vice versa I would absolutely buy this.

This is the 100% absolute only possible thing that will get me to buy another piece of Borderlands media at this point so I hope they someday do it.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
But look at this claptrap!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0m_vIFi9zk

:eyepop:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

You can't edit saves on the next gen consoles yet but converting one from 360 to ps3 or vice versa should do it.

That's what I meant, I should have elaborated.

Updated graphics are meaningless if you play Krieg. Who cares about shinies when your entire screen is fire and blood and numbers? :black101:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'd probably buy a $10 DLC that let me play the TPS classes in BL2. Doesn't even have to work the other way around; I just want to be able to give Athena et al a shot in a better designed game.

Not that it's gonna happen. :smith:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Oh my god. I really really want this. Where can we preorder these again?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Oh my god. I really really want this. Where can we preorder these again?

You can't yet, but the big ol news blurb about them is here. Hope you have 400 dollars handy. Also there are only 5000 of the version that comes with the Claptrap being made.

Though they'll probably sell the Claptrap individually at some point down the line.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

I'd probably buy a $10 DLC that let me play the TPS classes in BL2. Doesn't even have to work the other way around; I just want to be able to give Athena et al a shot in a better designed game.

Not that it's gonna happen. :smith:

And there's a pretty good reason for that. All the TPS characters have a bunch of skills relating to TPS exclusive mechanics. You'd need to change a whole bunch of things to get them working without a bunch of useless clutter in every tree. Sure it would be nice to see them reworked like that but it's basically a pipe dream.

What would be cool is getting Lasers added to BL2. Also not gonna happen obviously.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
They really are bringing everything to the new consoles now, of course this is a guaranteed purchase by me, and I never played the Pre- Sequel before my faithful PS3 died so it'll be new to me.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I would put a kitten in a blender and drink the hairy purée for one of those claptraps.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So this just happened in a chat and I feel the need to share.

RoboJoe: we haven't played for quite a while, we should again sometime
AirRaid: yeah man. im waiting for the last DLCs to drop for TPS then ill go back to it
RoboJoe: I still havne't got the season pass, I should do that, find it the cheapest I can, then we can dual play dopplegangers or whatever for MAXIMUM JACK
AirRaid: wait
AirRaid: WAIT
AirRaid: if two doppelgangers had a duel...
AirRaid: would it be a JACK OFF?
RoboJoe: ...
RoboJoe: YES

:iamafag:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Looks like a BL3 announcement might be imminent

But then again, who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

PAX news for TPS: Aurelia out on Tuesday, campaign DLC will take us into the mind of Claptrap :psyduck:

• Locked thread