Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

I didn't get a big boy job to waste it on garbage like having a mortgage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been listening to beeps and boops every day since you awesome people linked me all that amazing music, and today I decided to do a cover of one of the songs.

https://soundcloud.com/yourcomputer/imperialist-pop

Everything done completely from scratch with FXpansion Strobe, no drums or samples or anything. Vocals are my own, but the vocoder is powered by Strobe too :eng101:

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Once again started a bonerjamz song but went a different direction. Pretty happy with how it turned out, but I need to start doing more to add variety, compositionally. Easy to get stuck in a short loop and adding dynamics with patch programming/effects (a good exercise though)

https://soundcloud.com/fors_yard/autovivid

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Fors Yard posted:

Once again started a bonerjamz song but went a different direction. Pretty happy with how it turned out, but I need to start doing more to add variety, compositionally. Easy to get stuck in a short loop and adding dynamics with patch programming/effects (a good exercise though)

https://soundcloud.com/fors_yard/autovivid

It's a great scene and the variation is fun. Definitely expand on this theme, it's very enjoyable. :)

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
edit. SORRY guys I completely posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

Apologies. I'm still half-sleep.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Cleaner fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 5, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Cleaner posted:

Hmmmm just what are these guys up to?

Who? :confused:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

Hmmmm just what are these guys up to?

an SNES Let's Play video series featuring all your favorite indie industrial acts!

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
SORRY never mind I totally posted in the wrong thread. Apologies.

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

Is anyone by chance interested in this little bleeplabs drum machine ?

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2013/01/dam-drum

If you do want it, I'll throw in a bunch of 9 volt batteries.

I was also debating trying to sell/trade my Roland SH-201 but I think I've decided I'm going to hold onto it. There's a MS-20 mini nearby on craigslist for a decent price and I'm trying to restrain myself.

illestG fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 5, 2015

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

MockingQuantum posted:

people suggesting that polyphonic aftertouch is a valuable addition to a budget synthesizer.
it put the sq80 ahead of the crowd :colbert:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

illestG posted:

Is anyone by chance interested in this little bleeplabs drum machine ?

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2013/01/dam-drum

If you do want it, I'll throw in a bunch of 9 volt batteries.

How much?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it put the sq80 ahead of the crowd :colbert:

Alright, I concede. I just meant that for a newbie, poly is mystifying and demands a level of playing that a lot of people don't have, myself included. But then again, I don't know that many newbies would be clamoring at Korg/Behringer's gates for an Odyssey remake.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
idk, i always thought polyphony made it easier for trained keyboardists to move to synths. all my buddies who ever took a piano lesson have goofed around on the polysix, but the XS surrounded by moogerfoogers sems much more intimidating.
better polyphony seems right (not that id ever take the time to program the sq80 myself. i have known & heard tell of a lotta people cutting their teeth on esq1s & sq80s tho)

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

idk, i always thought polyphony made it easier for trained keyboardists to move to synths. all my buddies who ever took a piano lesson have goofed around on the polysix, but the XS surrounded by moogerfoogers sems much more intimidating.
better polyphony seems right (not that id ever take the time to program the sq80 myself. i have known & heard tell of a lotta people cutting their teeth on esq1s & sq80s tho)

Yeah, that all makes sense. I suppose I may be an edge case since I'm not remotely a trained keyboardist.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Some vids of the Mutable euros came out and now we know where to spend our tax refunds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xtIgsGEm1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tl3sn50-LA

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

A tech question for you guys: I've been messing around with the Volcas, and I'm having trouble getting them to output at a decent volume through anything but headphones. I've got them going into my mixer, and it seems like I have to add significant gain to get a signal that isn't hidden by hiss. The answer might just be "duh, they're cheap", but I don't really understand balanced vs unbalanced cables, and maybe that contributes to the problem? Is it possible I'm plugging things in like an idiot? I've just got a a 1/4in TRS cable plugged in with an 1/8in adapter, and the other end going into a solo channel on the mixer.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BKPR posted:

A tech question for you guys: I've been messing around with the Volcas, and I'm having trouble getting them to output at a decent volume through anything but headphones. I've got them going into my mixer, and it seems like I have to add significant gain to get a signal that isn't hidden by hiss. The answer might just be "duh, they're cheap", but I don't really understand balanced vs unbalanced cables, and maybe that contributes to the problem? Is it possible I'm plugging things in like an idiot? I've just got a a 1/4in TRS cable plugged in with an 1/8in adapter, and the other end going into a solo channel on the mixer.

That's your problem. The Volca's headphone out is sterero and it really, really doesn't handle just using either right or left channels into a mixer well.

Speaking of which, just picked up the Volca Sample and it's everything I was looking for for a percussion module. The analogue isolator is great to either drive or cut the high/lows on the samples, it does an amazing job of transferring stuff I've recorded off of my iphone/ipad with great audio quality of even lovely recordings, the volca sequencer is basically perfect for everything especially the parameter tweaking, and the the reverb isn't as useless as I thought since it really adds to samples you slow down to a crawl.

The only complaint I have is that the AC adapter isn't a Boss standard 9v since I had an extra one lying around and I now have to buy one.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Polyphonic aftertouch has nothing to do with polyphony.

So which one of you bonerhitlers is going to step forward and do the assembleage/mastering for bonerjamz?

Sizone fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 6, 2015

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Sizone posted:

So which one of you bonerhitlers is going to step forward and do the assembleage/mastering for bonerjamz?

i'll def put my name down to do this at some point but not sure this theme is the ideal one for me to work on...

can someone remind me of the dates/deadlines again?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Just slam everything through a 160 and call it a day

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Part 3 and 4 of Lim's grand update on Impulse Tracker's history of intrigue may have sneaked by my page refreshing skills and are nowhere near as loaded as the prior 2 from way on back:

http://roartindon.blogspot.com/2014/10/20-years-of-impulse-tracker-part-3.html
http://roartindon.blogspot.com/2014/12/20-years-of-impulse-tracker-part-4.html

But on the other hand: Ancient Nightmarish Source Code under a BSD license!

https://bitbucket.org/jthlim/impulsetracker

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Startyde posted:

Just slam everything through a 160 and call it a day

Congratulations and thank you for volunteering. You also get to pick the track order. Everyone, please send your lossless audio files to startyde.

Submission deadline is the end of january, give startyde a week to compress and normalize everything until its roughly the same volume and another week for everyone to decide whether they still like how their stuff sounds after it's been mastered. End result gets posted 2/14/15, St. Bonerjamz' day.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

hail satan

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Sizone posted:

Congratulations and thank you for volunteering. You also get to pick the track order. Everyone, please send your lossless audio files to startyde.

Submission deadline is the end of january, give startyde a week to compress and normalize everything until its roughly the same volume and another week for everyone to decide whether they still like how their stuff sounds after it's been mastered. End result gets posted 2/14/15, St. Bonerjamz' day.

pff I will then
hope you like SVHS cause you're getting it fuckers
synthdrunk at gmail for the poors eat it

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Mastering to VHS you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0QmwvnQOZU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Is the delay on the monotron delay good enough to use with a guitar (or another instrument) during a live performance? I'm temped to get one as a fun thing to mess around with but if they delay is rear end I won't bother.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

toadee posted:

Mastering to VHS you say?

I thought the thing with VHS head was all the sounds came from VHS tapes, rather than the other way around...?

Rhetorical question: why not do both.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

64bit_Dophins posted:

Is the delay on the monotron delay good enough to use with a guitar (or another instrument) during a live performance? I'm temped to get one as a fun thing to mess around with but if they delay is rear end I won't bother.

The delay is analog style so it distorts and mangles with the filter nicely. It hisses some if that is an issue.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

W424 posted:

The delay is analog style so it distorts and mangles with the filter nicely. It hisses some if that is an issue.

Depending on your unit (it varies wildly) it can actually hiss enough that you barely hear anything else :eng101: Not because it's "analog style" but because they're very rudimentary and basically toys.

Fits surprisingly well in certain genres though!

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Late January? Will I be able to get my boner jam done in time? :ohdear: (I'm out of town at the moment and, obviously, don't have access to my instruments)

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Depending on your unit (it varies wildly) it can actually hiss enough that you barely hear anything else :eng101: Not because it's "analog style" but because they're very rudimentary and basically toys.

They're pretty amazing toys if you mod them for CV and/or use them as sample sources.

edit. by "analog style" I ment that when you change delay speed it raises/lowers pitch instead of just changing the delay length + distortion on high feedback levels. All 'trons are noisy.

W424 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 6, 2015

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Anybody have any good suggestions on cool stuff I could try with the Aira VT-3? I bought one for dirt cheap off of a friend, but I'm finding I have no better idea of what to do with it than he did. I doubt I'll ever actually use it on vocals.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Part 3 and 4 of Lim's grand update on Impulse Tracker's history of intrigue may have sneaked by my page refreshing skills and are nowhere near as loaded as the prior 2 from way on back:

http://roartindon.blogspot.com/2014/10/20-years-of-impulse-tracker-part-3.html
http://roartindon.blogspot.com/2014/12/20-years-of-impulse-tracker-part-4.html

But on the other hand: Ancient Nightmarish Source Code under a BSD license!

https://bitbucket.org/jthlim/impulsetracker

MAn dosbox really screws up my notedots demo

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Who has completed their bonerjamz, who still intends to bonerjam, who wants to make the art?

My boner has begun to jam

https://soundcloud.com/rid_labs/manheat-wip

not really as OUTRUN ELECTRO as I would've liked, ehnnn, blame the triplet time signature on the ER-1 and all the weed. It does have real c64 though!

For album art I was thinking a fat goon holding a bloody cow's heart while standing in front of a patch cable smothered modular. Grilled onto the cow heart are the words "be mine". The words "boner jamz" written in at a 30 degree angle in a corner, written in a dual color pink/yellow neon sign font.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
I did a jam, but due to me being a stupid rear end I saved a completely different track over the source file.
Would have done more mixing and other post production, if I'd gotten the chance.

This would be it, a little more Italo then intended but still I'm pretty okay with the way it turned out.
https://soundcloud.com/sjoewe/bafficolo-1

Maybe I can find some time to squeeze out another track.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I still intend to bonerjam, but I just need to dedicate two or three days to it, start from scratch to finish. I've got two starts, but they really suck. So at the moment, I've got nothing and there's no guarantee anything will come out, even if I find that time (which is plausible, though). I really can't do an hour here, twenty minutes there. That never works for me.

I've got a 12 year old, completed, previously unreleased song lying around that fits the theme though, that would just need a fresh mix. That's my backup plan that I will activate a week before the deadline or so. Don't know if that violates the ethos or something. Not that that would stop me.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

I've got a 12 year old, completed, previously unreleased song lying around that fits the theme though, that would just need a fresh mix. That's my backup plan that I will activate a week before the deadline or so. Don't know if that violates the ethos or something. Not that that would stop me.

Who cares about ethos, this is about bonerz. The more jamz the better!

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

I've got a 12 year old

"Theme for aatrek"

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Massdrop has a deal on the Bass Station II right now if anyone's interested

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/novation-bass-station-ii-analog-synthesizer?mode=guest_open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Your Computer posted:

Ok thanks, I won't bother with it then.