Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

boris is the greatest character i've ever seen

spiked suspenders jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I missed the Risk of Rain run. What happened?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Golden Goat posted:

It was a good run but the resolution on the stream was so tiny you could barely make out anything

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Golden Goat posted:

Resolution so high you couldn't even see the character on stream. The game only takes up like 50% of the stream screen so it made the game unwatchable :(

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

MrBims posted:

You actually made sure of this.

Well, lower zoom adds a significant amount of time. Like 5-10 minutes of wandering around. Unfortunate, but not every game is for a GDQ, and this is probably one of them now :v:. The patch that added this was in October.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Golden Goat posted:

Pixel of rain. Good run, but you can't see it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What is this boss design even.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Rollerblade Headbutter Boris vs. HE'S A FREAK jetpack dude. Fight of the century.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
This game looks awesome, can't believe I've never heard of it before. Looks like it runs right on Final Fight's code base but more :krad:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I wake up to Violent Storm, what a great day. How did the FE run end up going, looked interesting but not 3 hours interesting.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Studio posted:

Well, lower zoom adds a significant amount of time. Like 5-10 minutes of wandering around. Unfortunate, but not every game is for a GDQ, and this is probably one of them now :v:. The patch that added this was in October.

It'd probably have made it 50-100% more watchable though.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Studio posted:

Yeah, probably true. For what it's worth, the commentary and chatter during the run was still enjoyable, though having some knowledge of RoR beforehand probably helped me follow what was happening somewhat.

Edit: Also, this current run is enjoyable. And :v: at the Caleb Hart shoutout there.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Why are all the bosses naked?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

did that statue turn into a man or was that a man disguised as a statue

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Death by flexing.

Too bad about the RoR run.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mr E posted:

I wake up to Violent Storm, what a great day. How did the FE run end up going, looked interesting but not 3 hours interesting.

What I saw of the FE run was fine, and the menuing was certainly very fast.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Studio posted:

I think you said the dev's fairly active and chatty, maybe ask him if a large UI option can be put in?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

NotALizardman posted:

did that statue turn into a man or was that a man disguised as a statue

obviously a pillar man, just a really weak one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this reminds me, what was that robot baseball beat 'em up they did 4-player of at the last sdgq? it was amazing

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I wonder if scheduling games called Risk of Rain and Violent Storm immediately after one another was intentional? Because thank you.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Sdoots posted:

Posting the, to my knowledge, up to date "must watch" list.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 by Ysalamiri
I Wanna Be The Boshy by witwix
Battleblock Theater by PJ and Mecha Richter
Kaizo Mario by dram55
Super Mario 2 JPN by BIG MOTHERFUCKIN JON
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze by Micheal Goldfish
Gimmick! by Cyghfer and CrescentEXE
Uncharted by ovendonkey
Power Blade by InfestedRiche
TASBot by it's a loving robot I dunno poo poo
Zelda 2 by Pro_JN
Donkey Kong Country 2 by Reflected, Claude, Krauser, and Darkwing Duck

Bolded are ones that I have seen myself, rest are just word of mouth.

Reposting for new page. I'll try and update this list in the same manner as the marathon continues.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Brother Entropy posted:

this reminds me, what was that robot baseball beat 'em up they did 4-player of at the last sdgq? it was amazing

Ninja Baseball Batman.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Went back to watch both Morrowind and Rogue Legacy and they were very solid runs. Seems like I didn't miss out on Risk of Rain, too.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Violent Storm is hard as heck, that was impressive.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Violent Storm is a promising start to the arcade block.

Especially after the disappointing indie game block (although I only managed to catch BoI and everything after)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This game was a lot harder than I expected it to be, dang

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aww yeah I didn't know this is the arcade block. Really shouldn't have this on at work.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Sdoots posted:

Reposting for new page. I'll try and update this list in the same manner as the marathon continues.

I'd definitely add Violent Storm to that - the commentary was pretty great, on top of a game that's a bona-fide spectacle to watch.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Lord Chumley posted:

Ninja Baseball Batman.

Ninja Baseball Batman is an amazing game and if you can ever swing it, getting a 4 player game going on MAME with controllers is an extremely good time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

pj's already broken things

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Niton posted:

I'd definitely add Violent Storm to that - the commentary was pretty great, on top of a game that's a bona-fide spectacle to watch.

Cool, noted. I'm not going to update it again til at least tonight though. For whatever reason this PC hates Google Docs and would constantly take focus off the post window and back to an error asking me to refresh the spreadsheet I was using to get the twitch.tv links. It made making that post take a lot longer than it should have.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Violent Storm was hilarious, why have I never heard of this game before.

Next up BATTLETOADS :black101:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

androo posted:

This game looks awesome, can't believe I've never heard of it before. Looks like it runs right on Final Fight's code base but more :krad:

Nah, it's pretty much Konami trying to out-Final Fight Capcom.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Sdoots posted:

Just pointing out that it's dragonballjoseph not darkwing duck. twitch.tv/dragonballjoseph

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's working! Just vibrating like crazy.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Sdoots posted:

Posting the, to my knowledge, up to date "must watch" list.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 by Ysalamiri
I Wanna Be The Boshy by witwix
Battleblock Theater by PJ and Mecha Richter
Kaizo Mario by dram55
Super Mario 2 JPN by BIG MOTHERFUCKIN JON
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze by Micheal Goldfish
Gimmick! by Cyghfer and CrescentEXE
Uncharted by ovendonkey
Power Blade by InfestedRiche
TASBot by it's a loving robot I dunno poo poo
Zelda 2 by Pro_JN

Bolded are ones that I have seen myself, rest are just word of mouth.

Could also link them to the youtube VOD's at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWDU-iokgQTudah5-4kAIQ (Official, slow as hell getting em up) and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmewT1Wq-BxHK0OoOhmoHGQ (unofficial but has all of them up to Binding of Isaac and is only a couple of hours behind the actual stream)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

[Battletoads Intensifies]

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
I know its PJ but thats a generous definition of "work" right there

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Vibrating strats to get the game through walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Healbot posted:

Nah, it's pretty much Konami trying to out-Final Fight Capcom.

Oh wow, everything about it from the animations to the little city level display is straight Final Fight. Creepy.

No volume at work, what's up with the A/V situation?

• Locked thread