Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The A/V situation is that PJ is in the room so poo poo's not working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

androo posted:

No volume at work, what's up with the A/V situation?

PJ.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

androo posted:

No volume at work, what's up with the A/V situation?

Capture card doesn't like the arcade board, or the other way around.

Maybe if they captured at 30fps it would look fine.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gamma Nerd posted:

Manually attempts and succeeds at

:colbert: I didn't want to spoil it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I think this is my first time seeing arcade btoads, it looks great

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Wait did that brief popup indicate the Battletoads had real names like "Morgan"? Huh.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I guess AGDQ does have Battletoads

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The only good playable game in the Battletoads series!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I only half-watched the Donkey Kong Country 2 race because it was boring as gently caress dunno how that got on a must watch list. Like maybe if you're familiar with the game it was impressive or something but it sure didn't seem like there was any entertainment value there. Same for Zelda 2 - I actually like the game and enjoyed watching it due to nostalgia but I don't think there was anything particularly entertaining about it. Good if you are interested in the game itself, otherwise nah.

Speaking of, how was the Battletoads NES run? I was interested but not staying up overnight interested.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Touchdown!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this game is relentless

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Indecisive posted:

Speaking of, how was the Battletoads NES run? I was interested but not staying up overnight interested.

Fun. Battletoadsy.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Any GIFs of Morrowind yet?

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ

Indecisive posted:

I only half-watched the Donkey Kong Country 2 race because it was boring as gently caress dunno how that got on a must watch list. Like maybe if you're familiar with the game it was impressive or something but it sure didn't seem like there was any entertainment value there. Same for Zelda 2 - I actually like the game and enjoyed watching it due to nostalgia but I don't think there was anything particularly entertaining about it. Good if you are interested in the game itself, otherwise nah.

i though it was really fun, good crowd atmosphere too.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Indecisive posted:

It was an impressively close race between the top two before one pull ahead by 10 seconds, at one point they were frame synced. Plus drama with Krauser losing the lead, slowly catching up only to crash.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's so weird seeing a Battletoads game with gore

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Goddamn that snake boss must've eaten quarters

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That Karnath fight, drat.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Those are some intense dick punching strats.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Battletoads: Nutpunching a Giant Rat Edition

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I fully enjoy that the CBT attack was met by awkward sighs by the couch.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Xachariah posted:

Could also link them to the youtube VOD's at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWDU-iokgQTudah5-4kAIQ (Official, slow as hell getting em up) and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmewT1Wq-BxHK0OoOhmoHGQ (unofficial but has all of them up to Binding of Isaac and is only a couple of hours behind the actual stream)

Thank you for reminding me! Kind of a crucial detail. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm about to be asked to turn in my stuff, so I'll do it when I get home.

Man, last days at work are depressing as poo poo.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Omnikin posted:

Goddamn that snake boss must've eaten quarters

I think at my local retroarcade, this game sucked up credits better than pretty much any other beat-'em-up, and it wasn't set on absurdly hard like this is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
EXCUSE ME SIR

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

this game is relentless

Just wait until the final boss.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A Rareware game being released in an unfished state?! I've never heard of such a such a thing!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sdoots posted:

Reposting for new page. I'll try and update this list in the same manner as the marathon continues.

Rogue Legacy was outstanding and I personally enjoyed Banjo Kazooie quite a bit (especially because they had a developer skype in and talk about awesome stuff like nintendo thinking he was trying to sneak an audio track of him saying "Fuuuuuck yooooou" into the game)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
PJ can't handle these sick wrench combos

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

They mentioned it on stream, but Peaches' run of Kid Chameleon is now after the arcade block here and before the 2D Sonic block.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
:siren: PEACHES IS DOING KID CHAMELEON :siren:
:siren: PEACHES IS DOING KID CHAMELEON :siren:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Good to see they met the ball trauma% incentive

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

pj is some sort of god, and peaches run later :allears:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

I wouldn't be able to play this game, my nerves would get the better of me. :stare:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh god this is painful

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

0 lives should be enough for the final stage

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Boss bringing its A game, drat

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Reminder: This game is HARD

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Voted Worst Mom posted:

This game is a war crime against quarters.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Voted Worst Mom posted:

To be fair, he is playing on Ultra Bullshit difficulty, which ramps everything up to quarter-stealing mode from the start and stays there.

It's still brutal hard on the lower settings, but at least a little fairer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This game is pretty gory compared to the other games.

• Locked thread