Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
:siren:Alien vs. Predator up next, which is quite possibly the greatest arcade beatemup of all time.:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Pretty darn impressed by that run. Game's clearly nuts at that difficulty.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

He drilled that boss

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Round of applause for Big Blag for bringing his A-game.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I've played the Battletoads Arcade game and even on normal difficulty, Big Blag is total bullshit.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

SeXReX posted:

:siren: PEACHES IS DOING KID CHAMELEON :siren:
:siren: PEACHES IS DOING KID CHAMELEON :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can see why Battletoads Arcade is unfinished. They just made the final boss as horseshit as possible to ensure that nobody will ever see the game's end.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh man, how about we make the last Battletoads level an extended autoscroller sequence that takes longer than the rest of the game combined?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh god please tell me the Predator eats hamburgers to regain health

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh god please tell me the Predator eats hamburgers to regain health

This game is dreams come true my friend!

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Battletoads seems like a quality game. It's cool to see that much detail at a part a lot of people won't get to.

AvP is also awesome. One of those gems you discover looking through ROM lists.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I must play this game.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Apparently Kid Chameleon status is uncertain. Who knows.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The traditional road turkey, cooked to perfection in it's barrel. :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's a pulse rifle not a plasma gun GEEZ donation retracted

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Predator Warrior eats the salad.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Wasn't aware alien biology was compatible with hamburgers. The things you learn at AGDQ!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does anyone speedrun the first two FPS AvPs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone teach this kid how to pronounce suplex.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Apparently Kid Chameleon status is uncertain. Who knows.

It's in. Quick summary:

- Peaches asked romscout a couple of days ago about making it a bonus game. rom says 'maybe'.
- An hour or so ago, Peaches comes up and tells me that rom had said we could do it 'if we weren't far behind schedule'. There's a setup block coming up, and he said that's when it would go in.
- I don't know where rom and it would be getting slotted in pretty soon is so I say it's ok, rather than do the smart thing and call rom. We announce it on stream.
- rom shows up and is more than a little upset, but decides that since it was a staff member (ie me) that hosed up and approved it, it would be lovely to pull it after we said it on stream.

tl;dr: I'm an idiot, but Kid Chameleon is being played right after AvP. It'll be 4 boss.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mr E posted:

Does anyone speedrun the first two FPS AvPs?

http://www.speedrun.com/avp

pretty sure I've seen some of the 2001 game too but I can't think of anything off the top of my head

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

UraniumAnchor posted:

It's in. Quick summary:

- Peaches asked romscout a couple of days ago about making it a bonus game. rom says 'maybe'.
- An hour or so ago, Peaches comes up and tells me that rom had said we could do it 'if we weren't far behind schedule'. There's a setup block coming up, and he said that's when it would go in.
- I don't know where rom is so I say it's ok. We announce it on stream.
- rom shows up and is more than a little upset, but decides that since it was a staff member (ie me) that hosed up and approved it, it would be lovely to pull it after we said it on stream.

tl;dr: I'm an idiot, but Kid Chameleon is being played right after AvP. It'll be 4 boss.

UraniumAnchor did nothing wrong.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

UraniumAnchor posted:

It's in. Quick summary:

- I don't know where rom and it would be getting slotted in pretty soon is so I say it's ok, rather than do the smart thing and call rom. We announce it on stream.

It wouldn't be an AGDQ without Peaches drama.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

UraniumAnchor posted:

It's in. Quick summary:

The Friends of Peaches thank you for the bank error in our favor.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Lord Chumley posted:

UraniumAnchor did nothing wrong.

:agreed:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Play the AvP beat 'em up its one of the greatest games ever made.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I love watching speed runs of beat-em-ups because although they don't look particularly fast, these dudes just loving trash these rear end in a top hat arcade quarter-vacuums and it looks super sick.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
How could Rom be upset about giving everyone some Peaches???

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Seconding the idea of a AvP 1&2 FPS speedrun. AvP2 was an amazing game.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I would have dumped so much allowance into this game if my local arcade had it.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There are high skill no credit death clears of this game done by a Japanese guy who I'm sure most of this is adapted from on YouTube. It's sick.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

How could Rom be upset about giving everyone some Peaches???

I think they're behind schedule by about 20 minutes and usually they use the setup blocks to catch up on lost time.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

One of the great tragedies of mankind is that we never got a proper AvP movie that was like this.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's basically a reskinned FInal Fight, but somehow amazing :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rorus Raz posted:

It is way way more complicated than Final Fight. There are loving combo videos for this game.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Rorus Raz posted:

The thing about Capcom beatemups is that they KEEP GETTING BETTER. Check out D&D: Shadow Over Mystara.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's more complex than Final Fight mechanically speaking. More advanced tactics to take advantage of depending on the character. But after this game there was Shadow over Mystara and literally nothing else.

RIP Capcom making good games

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

It is way way more complicated than Final Fight. There are loving combo videos for this game.
Oh I'm sure it plays differently, but from a superficial level it's amazing how similar it can be right down to the junk food health items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

It's more complex than Final Fight mechanically speaking. More advanced tactics to take advantage of depending on the character. But after this game there was Shadow over Mystara and literally nothing else's.

It was SOM and then Battle Circuit. :(

• Locked thread