Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Arcade block was a pro watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It's more complex than Final Fight mechanically speaking. More advanced tactics to take advantage of depending on the character. But after this game there was Shadow over Mystara and literally nothing else.

RIP Capcom making good games

eh character action games are the successor to the beat 'em up

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Oh god, AvP Arcade is bringing back so many memories as a kid pushing my quarters into that drat machine at the local mall.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Nuh uh the Warriors games are :colbert:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Lord Chumley posted:

The thing about Capcom beatemups is that they KEEP GETTING BETTER. Check out D&D: Shadow Over Mystara.

In my dreams they release a remake of AvP too but I guess the license flying all over the place would make it very difficult.

I would kill to try and loop air throws with Linn again without an emulator though, the game is so much fun.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It's more complex than Final Fight mechanically speaking. More advanced tactics to take advantage of depending on the character. But after this game there was Shadow over Mystara and literally nothing else.

RIP Capcom making good games

That's not really fair because Capcom made Devil May Cry and that's pretty much the 21st century successor to arcade beat-em-ups.

Blockhouse posted:

Pretty much this yeah.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How did they get so far behind on schedule? I expected to sleep through battletoads and avp.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think Crypt of the Necrodancer went over estimate? I didn't watch it though.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
I'm sure the tech problems with Morrowind didn't help, either.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
:siren:BLUEGLASS TAKES HIS RIGHTFUL SPOT ON THE COUCH:siren:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

RyokoTK posted:

Binding of Isaac

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RyokoTK posted:

BoI went way over because one of the runners was stubborn as gently caress and kept going like 20 minutes after the race was over.

This couch cast is like an all-star game.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress I have to go to the shops to buy food but I can't miss peaches.

fake edit; and YSG on the couch.

real edit: hey studio if it makes you feel better I watched your RoR run in the bath and couldn't have seen poo poo even if the res wasn't made for ants.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
The problems with the superguns and that awful BoI slog drained time too

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Binding of Isaac's 'race' had one competent player and one buffoon who doesn't know what the gently caress speedrun means so it went way over

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

weekly font posted:

Binding of Isaac

I wish they would loving 86 Binding of Isaac from GDQ from here on out, then.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Are there noises to go along with those faces Blueglass is making? I'm confused.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Who is peaches and why do people care so much about him?

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

androo posted:

Are there noises to go along with those faces Blueglass is making? I'm confused.

Yeah he was doing it along to the music, is your stream turned right down?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Your Computer posted:

p_ just drive poo poo into buildings like it aint no thang.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I don't give a poo poo about peaches, but blechy is one of the best commentators for the whole event.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Goon. Did a really hype Let's Play of Blast Corps. Also generally a pretty chill dude.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Your Computer posted:

He has done several awesome GDQ runs. Blast corps. SM64 one handed. Some really strange indie games (what was the Doom clone where you prayed people?)

Edit: I looked it up myself and it's Catechumen. I did not read any posts after mine. (thanks guys)

hanales fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 7, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BoI racing is a thing, but it only goes to Mom's Heart or so and it's usually best of three races to compensate for RNG a bit. Also players tend to do quite a few restarts to get some damage items.

Basically, it's also really boring for a marathon and I think they'd be better off just doing a quick solo run with an entertaining runner.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ravus posted:

Goon. Did a really hype Let's Play of Blast Corps. Also generally a pretty chill dude.

He's also done good and cool speed runs of Doom 64 at two GDQs, but he's not doing it this year.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

hanales posted:

He has done several awesome GDQ runs. Blast corps. SM64 one handed. Some really strange indie games (what was the Doom clone where you prayed people?)

Catechumen? That game with the buff as gently caress angels.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

hanales posted:

Catachumen?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Didn't Peaches speed run KC last year like 20 minutes before the bus to the airport left?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

hanales posted:

Catechumen

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

im sad they didnt put up the character choice for AVP to bidding war though it's understandable because pred warrior is like the safest and best char for going through avp fast (item throw + doublekicks is fuckin crazy + spear dive). the coolest thing he did was something he didn't explain, which was the super fast backturned hop done by doing back,forward,back+jump with no gap between each (1f or whatev) on the mad predator loop consistently. thats really hard on a stick

but man i wanna see dudes react to all this kinda poo poo thats more obvious but totally inefficient like

edit:
no but for real avp is the best beat em up ever made and the obvious inspiration for dmc crazy poo poo

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 7, 2015

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
He also did a speedrun of this weird game called Prayer Warriors AOFG and introduced the world to the Zoo Race.

The twitch ID they're showing on stream is wrong, incidentally. He deleted the underscores ID, his current twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/peaches

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Didn't Peaches speed run KC last year like 20 minutes before the bus to the airport left?

Yep. Also remove BoI forever from GDQ, replace with Peaches_ runs.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Rom may murder peaches if this run doesn't start soon. RIP peaches.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mango sentinel posted:

How did they get so far behind on schedule? I expected to sleep through battletoads and avp.

I hope they get more behind, because I'll be at class until 5 EST tomorrow and I want to miss as little Yoshis Island as possible

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Why the hell isn't X&BUTT the leading file name for Shovel Knight??

(It's the cheat code for Butt Mode.)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Holy poo poo get on with the game already, how can Kid Chameleon take this time to get started

E: Also no surprise that BoI was a trainwreck again, it's really fun but it doesn't belong at AGDQ at all

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

There would be no way Necrodancer would go over estimate, since it made the incentive for Bard, which means the run would be no longer than 5 minutes, as long as you don't die.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Peaches, Blueglass, and Blechy on stream.
Calling best run of the stream right now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ravus posted:

Rom may murder peaches if this run doesn't start soon. RIP peaches.

Rom carrying on the proud Uyama tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Merv Burger posted:

There would be no way Necrodancer would go over estimate, since it made the incentive for Bard, which means the run would be no longer than 5 minutes, as long as you don't die.

Yeah I stood corrected earlier, it was Binding of Isaac.

• Locked thread