Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
and, yes, it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lost Planet was better than it had any right to be.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If it makes you better I didn't really like Lost Planet 2

And Lost Planet 3 is truly bad apparently

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I didn't like the 90 degree turns on the shoulder buttons for Lost Planet.

Not even a little bit.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
how hard can i game on a touch screen

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

how hard can i game on a touch screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Lost Planet 3 would be a genuinely good game if it wasn't buggy as gently caress because the writing was really solid (The guy who wrote Anachronox wrote it) and the atmosphere was really good. I was almost done with the game when I ran into a gamebreaking bug that totally prevented me from ever finishing it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lost Planet 1 was decent enough if only for the reason being that the "shoot giant aliens with giant mechs" genre is shockingly barren and apparently Lost Planet 2 boss fights were fun for multiplayer but it sucked in all other aspects

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Lost Planet 2 is a bad game that becomes a good game if you have friends to play it with

And even then it's only fun for like, an afternoon

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

What's the best gamepad for wireless couch-based :pcgaming:? I picked up an Xbone controller earlier because I stupidly assumed it would work out of the box after reading this and I'm going to return it after work, so I'll have a chance to get a new one. I have a wired 360 controller already and I know adapters exist but then the wires are still all over. Basically I want zero wires except while charging, is that possible?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Chard posted:

What's the best gamepad for wireless couch-based :pcgaming:? I picked up an Xbone controller earlier because I stupidly assumed it would work out of the box after reading this and I'm going to return it after work, so I'll have a chance to get a new one. I have a wired 360 controller already and I know adapters exist but then the wires are still all over. Basically I want zero wires except while charging, is that possible?

DualShock 4 + DS4Windows. If you are a Linux or SteamOS beardo it just works out of the box.

The only catch is that many games still don't offer Playstation button prompts. Some do, and more are adding them as an option, but most still don't.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can use the touchscreen on controller to control your mouse

DS4 is the best there is.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wow, yeah that's... not even a contest. What the hell was I thinking.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

you can use the touchscreen on controller to control your mouse

DS4 is the best there is.

Also you can change what the light on the back does, even if you can never see it anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Music Theory posted:

Also you can change what the light on the back does, even if you can never see it anyway.

yeah the fact that the ds4 has like 8 zillion bells and whistles like a light, a speaker, a touchpad, a gyroscope, a headphone jack that headphones can actually plug into, an internal battery (not really a bell/whistle or as big as it could have been but who cares) makes it look like the greatest deal ever compared to the xbox one controller which is a 360 pad with worse shoulders, a required headphone adapter, a d-pad that no longer is a crime against 2-d games but nothing to write home about, and the same old xbox stick drift for the same price plus batteries

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy poo poo that was one sentence.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Holy poo poo that was one sentence.

i've been reading too much Caesar lately and his long winded info bomb sentence structure is starting to wear off.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

All gaming is divided into three parts, one of which the handheld gamers inhabit, the console players another, those who in their own language are called the master race, in ours PC gamers, the third. All these differ from each other in language, customs and laws.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

It's blinking a rainbow at me while it charges and I used the touchpad to open the anime LP I'm watching, this is Good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Finally got around to installing Shadow of Mordor. It's pretty decent. It's a little on the easy side, though, like I thought it would be. Some of the boss characters are tough, but the rest are chumps.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chard posted:

I've been using one of these for the last few years:

It's decent, and like half the price of a DS4, but I can't honestly recommend it unless you're cost-cutting because it's an utter bitch to install on Windows 8, will never get driver updates to fix this, and uses generic batteries instead of recharging (although it takes forever for it to go through a pair of AAs). I might do an upgrade to DS4 soon, even though I don't really need it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The F510 looks like that, but is wired and thus never needs charging or batteries and it works as soon as you plug it in.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Kins posted:

I've been using one of these for the last few years:

It's decent, and like half the price of a DS4, but I can't honestly recommend it unless you're cost-cutting because it's an utter bitch to install on Windows 8, will never get driver updates to fix this, and uses generic batteries instead of recharging (although it takes forever for it to go through a pair of AAs). I might do an upgrade to DS4 soon, even though I don't really need it.

that is an extremely disgusting controller, it is 2015 just use a console pad you don't have to use weirdo lovely pads anymore

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've got an F310 and the analogue sticks are pretty terrible, they're almost impossible to click whilst they're tilted which makes sprinting in any game with the command locked into L3 incredibly tiresome. On the other hand my xbox controller causes BSoDs when inserted so :shrug:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Stux posted:

that is an extremely disgusting controller, it is 2015 just use a console pad you don't have to use weirdo lovely pads anymore

my 2015 prediction is that stux's posts are going to continue being this bad throughout the year

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

KoldPT posted:

my 2015 prediction is that stux's posts are going to continue being this bad throughout the year

*rolls your dice*

ah, snake eyes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

KoldPT posted:

i'd hate to be a bookie giving odds on this. it's a certainty.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I use an Xbox 360 controller and it works extremely well for good game Shovel Knight as well as for my console emulation such as the randomized Super Metroid romhack I've been playing lately (this is also good and fun).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I've got an F310 and the analogue sticks are pretty terrible, they're almost impossible to click whilst they're tilted which makes sprinting in any game with the command locked into L3 incredibly tiresome. On the other hand my xbox controller causes BSoDs when inserted so :shrug:

get a ps4 pad, they are the king of PC gaming now as the custom drivers let you use the touch pad for mouse control for menus, launching games and such like.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

get a ps4 pad, they are the king of PC gaming now as the custom drivers let you use the touch pad for mouse control for menus, launching games and such like.

theyre also full of spyware so i'd hold off

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hubris.height posted:

theyre also full of spyware so i'd hold off

uhhh no ds4tool is not full of spyware??

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Yeah neither is DS4Windows. The only that was full of "spyware" (really just sent usage statistics home and sometimes launched an ugly window) was DS3Tool, which both got superceded by a billion different clones and rereleased as an offline version that had that stuff removed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I use an Xbox 360 controller and it works extremely well for good game Shovel Knight as well as for my console emulation such as the randomized Super Metroid romhack I've been playing lately (this is also good and fun).

Shut the gently caress up retarded fag. Heres a fun little randomized game for you, put 3 bullets in a revolver then spin it point it at your loving head and pull the trigger. repeat until one goes off, noting your best streak.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
logitech is good

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ah i am not up to date on the controller driver game

thanks for correcting me goons. i'll stick with my 360 controller tho.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

KoldPT posted:

logitech is good

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Shut the gently caress up retarded fag. Heres a fun little randomized game for you, put 3 bullets in a revolver then spin it point it at your loving head and pull the trigger. repeat until one goes off, noting your best streak.

I think Dylan should have gotten a magnum revolver in DC 2. He had other badass weapons like that weird triple rocket launcher thing and the anti tank rifle so why not that?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I think Dylan should have gotten a magnum revolver in DC 2. He had other badass weapons like that weird triple rocket launcher thing and the anti tank rifle so why not that?

Im going to develop third energy then temporally displace my balls into your face

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason would be hatefucking Widestancer's sexy pussy in a flat second given the opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

plot twist: arfjason is actually bbg's parachute account

• Locked thread