Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

I think it might be a mouth sore, but I've never had one at that location. Been doing some mouth wash.

Do regular salt water rinses. That always seems to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Why is damp fabric itchy? Especially socks.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Souvlaki ss posted:

When are you are exporting from ID to PDF you have to pay attention to 2 things:
First, when you are naming the file/saving it you have it set on "printing", not "interactive".
Second, once you get to the exporting PDF menu, on the Pages section, you do not have the option "spreads" marked.

if that doesn't solve it, it might come down to the size of your pages and what your printer is set up for

Awesome, thank you.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

YggiDee posted:

Why is damp fabric itchy? Especially socks.

As your skin molecules dry patchily, those patches tighten while others are still damp and loose, resulting in your whole foot skin being patchily pinched on a microscopic level, which itches!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

I'm going to see my dentist in a week, is he qualified for that sort of things?

Like Flash Gordon Ramsay said, he can have a look and tell you whether it's nbd or needs to have a physician take a look. Best case he puts your mind at ease about something that'll take care of itself; worst case he'll refer you to your GP to figure out what it is.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Haven't visited thread in a long time, was pleasantly surprised clicking new posts to see immediate responses 10+ pages ago to a question I forgot I posted, re: 120vac inline "twist" countdown timers. Ordering me some tonight. Thanks y'all.

Another: trash collector motorcycles anyone seen/remember this?

When I was little, early 80s in my grandparents sorta expensive neighborhood in a 20ish year old section of midtown Tulsa, OK, when the trash truck would come by it had a rack on the front that held 2 small motorcycles, each bike had a rack on its fork that held 2 big trashcans that the dudes would fill up and ride back to dump them in the truck.

I've never seen anything like since, is this still a thing anywhere? Why not? Also trying to find a pic of one to show a buddy who thinks a 4 year old me made it up in my mind but Google not agreeing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why do some posters have little rubies/diamonds/metroids etc next to there names now (in the spot where plat users have little grenades)?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Haven't visited thread in a long time, was pleasantly surprised clicking new posts to see immediate responses 10+ pages ago to a question I forgot I posted, re: 120vac inline "twist" countdown timers. Ordering me some tonight. Thanks y'all.

Another: trash collector motorcycles anyone seen/remember this?

When I was little, early 80s in my grandparents sorta expensive neighborhood in a 20ish year old section of midtown Tulsa, OK, when the trash truck would come by it had a rack on the front that held 2 small motorcycles, each bike had a rack on its fork that held 2 big trashcans that the dudes would fill up and ride back to dump them in the truck.

I've never seen anything like since, is this still a thing anywhere? Why not? Also trying to find a pic of one to show a buddy who thinks a 4 year old me made it up in my mind but Google not agreeing.

Sounds like the sort of thing that would only be useful in areas where the truck had to serve distant, yet inaccessible-by-truck, areas. Otherwise it's just added cost.

I've never heard of such a thing, and I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where it pays for itself, so I'd love to see what you come up with.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.

NESguerilla posted:

Why do some posters have little rubies/diamonds/metroids etc next to there names now (in the spot where plat users have little grenades)?

Mouse over them, and there should be some popup text.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Why is the name Robert Hawkins so popular in media? For some reason major characters in Cloverfield, Jericho, and Enemy Front are each named Robert Hawkins.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

I've never seen this, which users have little things other than the grenade? Where are you hanging out?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

There's a colloquial name for these things:

http://www.autoanything.com/grille-guards/10A50168.aspx

...and I'm totally having a brain fart as to what it is. I keep thinking "cow catcher", but that's what the equivalent thing on a train is called. It's not "bull bars", either. I wanna say it's something with "deer" in it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

...and I'm totally having a brain fart as to what it is. I keep thinking "cow catcher", but that's what the equivalent thing on a train is called. It's not "bull bars", either. I wanna say it's something with "deer" in it.

Moose masher.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Chamale posted:

Moose masher.

Ha! Naw, I learned the term after I moved to Virginia, where we're a bit short on moose, so it's not that. Like that one, though!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Grille Guards & Bull Bars??

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Ha! Naw, I learned the term after I moved to Virginia, where we're a bit short on moose, so it's not that. Like that one, though!

Google is suggesting Deerslayer or Deer Slayer?

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

I know them as brush bumper

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

I call it a brush guard.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

Very Strange Things posted:

I call it a brush guard.

I call the big one bitey.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

tuyop posted:

I've never seen this, which users have little things other than the grenade? Where are you hanging out?

Here's an example. He's a moderator who's got that instead of a star for mysterious mod reasons. Someone who posts in a thread I follow has a little pill, but I can't remember who and wasn't able to find it anywhere. IIRC someone asked him about it around the time the grenades happened, and he claimed ignorance on it too.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

Here's an example. He's a moderator who's got that instead of a star for mysterious mod reasons. Someone who posts in a thread I follow has a little pill, but I can't remember who and wasn't able to find it anywhere. IIRC someone asked him about it around the time the grenades happened, and he claimed ignorance on it too.

I think Lowtax made a thread and if you posted in it you could get a pill or banned idk if there was a system to it

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
Have any of you nerds ever had custom dice made that you liked a lot? Are there any companies to avoid (i.e. because they don't provide high-quality or long-lasting products)?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I think Lowtax made a thread and if you posted in it you could get a pill or banned idk if there was a system to it

Yeah. He made a thread where you had a 50% shot of a custom icon chosen by him and a 50% chance of a ban.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The custom icon seems random too. You guys said it was a pill but it's a metroid for me and if I click on his other posts it will be a jewel or something. Lowtax thread is a good enough answer. That also explains why most of them are in questions,comments, suggestions.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

jon joe posted:

Yeah. He made a thread where you had a 50% shot of a custom icon chosen by him and a 50% chance of a ban.

SA has the best fundraising ideas.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

Mortley posted:

Have any of you nerds ever had custom dice made that you liked a lot? Are there any companies to avoid (i.e. because they don't provide high-quality or long-lasting products)?

What sort of custom are you talking about? Color, size, logos, mathematically improbable odd sided dice?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do they do studies on why January sucks so fuckin hard? Is that even a thing for people other than me?

I used to think it was because of a lack of daylight but it's the same when I'm working graveyards and daylight isn't a thing.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

ChairMaster posted:

Do they do studies on why January sucks so fuckin hard? Is that even a thing for people other than me?

I used to think it was because of a lack of daylight but it's the same when I'm working graveyards and daylight isn't a thing.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/seasonal-affective-disorder/basics/definition/con-20021047

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Best acronym ever. All the other diseases wish they could be so cool.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I thought SAD was because of daylight hours though. My life is almost exactly the same in January as it is in July, except I have to wear warmer clothes in January. I also used to blame it on the snow but there's no snow where I live now.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ChairMaster posted:

I thought SAD was because of daylight hours though. My life is almost exactly the same in January as it is in July, except I have to wear warmer clothes in January. I also used to blame it on the snow but there's no snow where I live now.

Christmas is the best time of the year, family time is bliss and everyone has wonderful families who love each other. Or so goes the cultural narrative.

So on top of feeling like you're the only one who has a lovely family, you probably spent a lot of money for the holidays and maybe you got an early December paycheque too, so now you're broke. And on top of that, you've got credit card bills coming at the end of the month. And your friends are broke too so nobody wants to go out.

And then February is even worse.

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

I'm probably an idiot for not being able to find this info but does anyone know who the mods are for A/T? Is there any way to contact them outside of PM?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

I'm probably an idiot for not being able to find this info but does anyone know who the mods are for A/T? Is there any way to contact them outside of PM?

I believe their username@somethingawful.com.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

greazeball posted:

Christmas is the best time of the year, family time is bliss and everyone has wonderful families who love each other. Or so goes the cultural narrative.

So on top of feeling like you're the only one who has a lovely family, you probably spent a lot of money for the holidays and maybe you got an early December paycheque too, so now you're broke. And on top of that, you've got credit card bills coming at the end of the month. And your friends are broke too so nobody wants to go out.

And then February is even worse.

No I like my family and I got tons of cash.

I guess at least I'm not the only one who's bummed in January though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ChairMaster posted:

Daylight is still a thing, in summer most parts of the country will have at least twilight on either end of the graveyard shift, while in the deep of winter you actually will never see the sun for days at a time if you work graveyard.

Just as an example, where I am there's only 10.5 hours of visible light and 9.75 hours of regular daylight today. If I got up at 6 PM and went to sleep by 7 AM, that's no light at all

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

KnifeWrench posted:

Google is suggesting Deerslayer or Deer Slayer?

Deer slayer! That's it, thank you! Just one of those silly expressions that was on the tip of my tongue and my Google-fu was failing me. Thanks!

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Nintendo Kid posted:

Daylight is still a thing, in summer most parts of the country will have at least twilight on either end of the graveyard shift, while in the deep of winter you actually will never see the sun for days at a time if you work graveyard.

Just as an example, where I am there's only 10.5 hours of visible light and 9.75 hours of regular daylight today. If I got up at 6 PM and went to sleep by 7 AM, that's no light at all

Depends on how you arrange it. When I was on graveyard during the winter I'd sleep 4PM-11PM so I could at least be awake while the sun was out. I was single back then though and I wouldn't be able to do that now.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
Can I sell a car if the tags are expired, or do I have to pay for registration first? Washington (the state), if it matters.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I think The January thing might also have do with looking forward in small chunks. In the fall its just a few weeks till Halloween, then just a few more weeks till Thanksgiving, then just a few till Christmas. Once you get into January you don't have any big holidays on the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Gravity Pike posted:

Can I sell a car if the tags are expired, or do I have to pay for registration first? Washington (the state), if it matters.
You can. Just need to do the title transfer. Source: just did it a few years ago. In Washington (the state), even.