Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

I said come in! posted:

A lot of people got soured on lollipop because it's initial release was very buggy, and then it was delayed for weeks on a lot of Google devices, defeating one of the key selling points of buying a Google device in the first place, having the latest version of Android as soon as it's available.

They were first in line so they get a potentially buggy version, but then Google goes to fix those bugs (delaying future rollouts until fixed) and that's bad too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

They were first in line so they get a potentially buggy version, but then Google goes to fix those bugs (delaying future rollouts until fixed) and that's bad too?

Yep, funny isn't it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

What's going to be great is when all these builds go through OEM and carrier testing and still come out lovely when the rest of us are on 5.1 which will refine Lollipop's rough edges and works just fine, that's when Samsung and the other OEMs will stop releasing updates and they'll all be stuck on broken builds forever.

Welp, guess it's time to give Samsung more money, and the cycle will begin again.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Circle of Sumsung'd Again.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Does anyone know if the Fire Phone has an IR blaster? It's on sale for 189 at Amazon with a free year of prime. I was thinking of picking it up if it could be used as a Harmony replacement.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

LastInLine posted:

What's going to be great is when all these builds go through OEM and carrier testing and still come out lovely when the rest of us are on 5.1 which will refine Lollipop's rough edges and works just fine, that's when Samsung and the other OEMs will stop releasing updates and they'll all be stuck on broken builds forever.

Welp, guess it's time to give Samsung more money, and the cycle will begin again.

Yes, hilarious. Serves those OEMs right for trying to update their devices in a timely manner.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Yes, hilarious. Serves those OEMs right for trying to update their devices in a timely manner.
Which is what The Merkinman was saying: Google is damned if they do, damned if they don't. OEMs are in the exact same boat, that boat is just six months behind Google's boat.

At the end of the day everyone is stuck with whatever decisions Google makes regarding Android. If they have a buggy release, those regressions and bugs come along with the OEM versions as well giving the OEMs three options, either to fix the bugs themselves delaying the release of software further, release their skinned version on top of the buggy release without fixing them, or not release the update at all and sit on their hands waiting for Google to fix their code.

Option one is labor-intensive for little benefit as Google will be fixing the software anyway and they'll have to be sure to properly adapt to the "proper" fixes once they're merged (like HTC's Bluetooth implementation back in the Froyo/Gingerbread days). This is probably more trouble than it's worth plus with OEMs working closely with Google on future releases it would seem to me this option should be able to be discarded in its entirety now but before was the way it was done.

Option two isn't great for the user at all and if the bugs are bad enough that the devices fail carrier testing then probably not feasible to even do.

So that really only leaves option three. With the cooperation speeding up OEM skinning efforts, this is likely the course things will run going forward with the Google-written fixes being incorporated as they build their updates. But that also means that moving to the next version is back to where it was before, which is so late that by the time they finish their build and it moves through carrier testing Google will be ready to release the next version.

That means that by the time that next version of Android is ready OEMs will still be in a position where they can't allocate resources toward updating older models while simultaneously working on their forthcoming ones. That, of course, leads to exactly what I said in the post you quoted.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Samsung announced the Note 2 (which is almost 2.5 years old albeit a flagship) is getting Lollipop. Say what you will about "timely updates" but the game is a lot different now than even just a year ago. Everybody is starting to get their head in the game on being close with updates. Lollipop has only been available for 2 months (not including developer preview) so we are just in the infancy of Android's largest update with some pretty major bugs on Google's own device.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

Samsung announced the Note 2 (which is almost 2.5 years old albeit a flagship) is getting Lollipop. Say what you will about "timely updates" but the game is a lot different now than even just a year ago. Everybody is starting to get their head in the game on being close with updates. Lollipop has only been available for 2 months (not including developer preview) so we are just in the infancy of Android's largest update with some pretty major bugs on Google's own device.
2 months is 33% of the time it will be the current version.

eta: Also I'm not saying it's not way better than it used to be. It used to be a device launched at least a version behind, maybe two, and got maybe one update ever at which point it was three or maybe four versions behind. Now you're looking at probably only being one version out of date for most of the time you own the device which is a substantial improvement but let's not pretend it's equivalent to being up to date.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 7, 2015

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

So, I got my Moto X (2013), and this phone is great. 720p is totally acceptable for a screen this size, the battery life is tolerable (a bit better than my Nexus 5), and the Motorola specific software additions are fantastic. I already use Google Calendar to schedule all of my stuff, so Moto assist does a great job with silencing my phone for busy times, and the driving additions are great, too. Active display seems to be better in the Motorola implementation rather than the stock Android 5.0 form. Always listening works fine too, though I hope Motorola implements 5.0s baked in always listening (hahahahaha). Size is great - could probably stand to be a bit bigger, so when this kicks the can I'll move to a 2014 version.

My only concern is that there is some minor UI lag, and app lag (mostly when scrolling through, say, Awful, G+, Chrome, etc). I know this was pretty much the case when the phone came out as well, and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm more worried that it will become unusable-slow in short order - I don't expect it to last forever, but I hope to get a year out of it or so.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

LastInLine posted:

2 months is 33% of the time it will be the current version.

Android is not on a 6 month major release schedule.

It also means diddly squat if the current version is unusable (and by unusable, I mean a clear regression from the previous version.) Most would rather have a working device for those 2 months and be behind than have the latest version and hate their device because of it.

2 months is how long I've had my Nexus 9 and this is the first electronics purchase in a long time that I have regret about. If I could push a button and undo my purchase, going back to a N7 2013 with 4.4.4 on it, I would break my finger jabbing it so hard.

Google hosed up big time this round and they need to examine where things went so wrong. The solution isn't anything you listed. The solution is Google making sure their OS is ready to be released before pushing it out. This isn't an OEM issue at all at this point in time. It's an issue with Google continually treating everything like beta, hoping people won't stumble upon their problems before they have a chance to patch them. This one is one of the more egregious in memory, but nearly every single major release by Google has been marred in some way with a serious bug and some of them remain unresolved (i.e. bluetooth being poo poo) despite constant and continual feedback. What good is a quick iterative cycle if you don't actually respond quickly to issues other than pissing off your partners?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ijyt posted:

I thought 5.0 was already out in some EU countries like Poland?

But on which phones? Most Android phones out now in the U.S. will never get Lollipop.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Despite the issues I wouldn't go back. It's not as bad for me as it is for some, most of my initial issues I think I've sorted.

My Supcase Unicorn Beetle cases for my nexus 6 & 9 arrived today. Hah even now I don't feel like my nexus 6 is too big :shrug:. Anyway they seem pretty good for a tough case. It's definitely awesome to have matching cases for both nexus.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Android is not on a 6 month major release schedule.

It also means diddly squat if the current version is unusable (and by unusable, I mean a clear regression from the previous version.) Most would rather have a working device for those 2 months and be behind than have the latest version and hate their device because of it.
I have five devices on the latest version of Android, all working perfectly. The 2013 Nexus 7 in particular runs much, much better than it ever did on KitKat. :shrug:

bull3964 posted:

2 months is how long I've had my Nexus 9 and this is the first electronics purchase in a long time that I have regret about. If I could push a button and undo my purchase, going back to a N7 2013 with 4.4.4 on it, I would break my finger jabbing it so hard.
An Nvidia SoC with a really, really horrible architecture should've been a red flag to at least wait and see. I can't really speak to it since I don't have one but it's not like the Exynos Nexus 10 fared much better throughout equivalent software releases compared to Qualcomm SoCs.

bull3964 posted:

Google hosed up big time this round and they need to examine where things went so wrong. The solution isn't anything you listed. The solution is Google making sure their OS is ready to be released before pushing it out.
Isn't this exactly what I said:

LastInLine posted:

At the end of the day everyone is stuck with whatever decisions Google makes regarding Android.
Yes. Yes it was.

bull3964 posted:

This isn't an OEM issue at all at this point in time. It's an issue with Google continually treating everything like beta, hoping people won't stumble upon their problems before they have a chance to patch them. This one is one of the more egregious in memory, but nearly every single major release by Google has been marred in some way with a serious bug and some of them remain unresolved (i.e. bluetooth being poo poo) despite constant and continual feedback. What good is a quick iterative cycle if you don't actually respond quickly to issues other than pissing off your partners?
I didn't say it was OEM issue, I said OEMs will lag behind and either drop support or release progressively shittier updates, which they will.

What was wrong with the 2.3 > 4.0 release? Nothing that I remember. In fact the only Nexus device to get update, the Nexus S, only ever worked properly on that release. Considering that's the only major update that's happened I'd say their track record of 1 for 1 is pretty good but I guess they could try batting over 1.000. If the ICS update broke any OEM devices that is 100% on the OEM.

As for the quick iterative cycle, it seems to be doing just nicely. 5.0.2 fixed the 2012 Nexus 7 issues and all the other devices I've got access to (Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, and Moto G) all seem to be doing a-okay on 5.0.1. If there are memory problems then they've got that marked as fixed too. What exactly would you prefer Google to do? Release another bugfix release right this second? They've already said that even these Nexus bugfix releases are being delayed by carrier testing so you kind of want to push through everything you can before you submit. OEMs already have access to those bugfixes as well. I'm not sure what more they could do that they aren't already doing except your claim that they should stop treating everything like a beta and only release perfect software. Given that perfect software doesn't exist and Google is not going to give up a rapid release cycle you might as well wish for unicorns offering blowjobs while you're at it.

Lastly I've never had a Bluetooth issue since they dropped BlueZ. Maybe I'm lucky.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 7, 2015

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

suddenlyissoon posted:

Does anyone know if the Fire Phone has an IR blaster? It's on sale for 189 at Amazon with a free year of prime. I was thinking of picking it up if it could be used as a Harmony replacement.

I'm holding one right now. It does not have a visible IR blaster that I can see.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I don't know if they're always this price, but I just came across these 2013 Moto X 32GB Developer Editions for $200.

If I was buying a new phone now, there's a good chance this is still the phone I would buy even if current flagships were in my budget.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

My experience with 4.0 is with the Galaxy Nexus and it was not a good one. Granted, some of them were actual device issues, but it still points to Google releasing something they probably shouldn't have.

Lollipop on my N7 2013 killed its performance. It ran perfectly on 4.4.4, but Lollipop was a dog with constant home screen redraws and non-responsive home button that you had to jab 3 times before it registered.

I've given up on trying to use bluetooth to stream audio while streaming videos over wifi. The instant the audio starts I can visibly SEE the wifi indicator start fluctuating in strength and it's not long before the buffering starts. That's even on a 5ghz network so it's not like it's RF interference. Not that it would be very useful even if it did work since the lip sync is off so much I feel like I'm watching a badly dubbed korean movie. This has been a constant across 4 nexus tablets ever since they changed bluetooth stacks.

Honestly though, in general, the most stable responsive devices I've ever owned have always been Motorola. OG Droid, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Droid Razr HD MAXX, Droid MAXX, and now Droid Turbo. They've all had uptimes measured in months with no random reboots (dear god the N10 was bad for that for awhile) with no random slowdowns or other screwiness.

If Moto would release a 7-9" tablet tomorrow with a high resolution screen and wireless charging I would drop the N9 in a hot minute.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bull3964 posted:

My experience with 4.0 is with the Galaxy Nexus and it was not a good one. Granted, some of them were actual device issues, but it still points to Google releasing something they probably shouldn't have.

Lollipop on my N7 2013 killed its performance. It ran perfectly on 4.4.4, but Lollipop was a dog with constant home screen redraws and non-responsive home button that you had to jab 3 times before it registered.

I've given up on trying to use bluetooth to stream audio while streaming videos over wifi. The instant the audio starts I can visibly SEE the wifi indicator start fluctuating in strength and it's not long before the buffering starts. That's even on a 5ghz network so it's not like it's RF interference. Not that it would be very useful even if it did work since the lip sync is off so much I feel like I'm watching a badly dubbed korean movie. This has been a constant across 4 nexus tablets ever since they changed bluetooth stacks.

Honestly though, in general, the most stable responsive devices I've ever owned have always been Motorola. OG Droid, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Droid Razr HD MAXX, Droid MAXX, and now Droid Turbo. They've all had uptimes measured in months with no random reboots (dear god the N10 was bad for that for awhile) with no random slowdowns or other screwiness.

If Moto would release a 7-9" tablet tomorrow with a high resolution screen and wireless charging I would drop the N9 in a hot minute.
I don't really remember any problems with my GSM Galaxy Nexus on 4.0 but that was a long time ago and I know the Verizon one was a totally different beast.

I'll admit also to never using wifi and Bluetooth together so I don't doubt your issues there either. Is there at least a bug to star for that? Edit: Yes. My Bluetooth use is headset and car audio and for that I can't say anything bad about the current stack at all. It's been so much more reliable than the old stack that it's night and day. If there's a Google trait I believe in it's that they break one thing while fixing another. :(

I'll agree with you on Motorola too. They make the best radios and best devices hands down, though you've got a lot more access to them with Verizon. I would also buy a Moto (Nexus) tablet and the last two devices I've had people buy when they asked for a recommendation have been Motos.

Given the situation with the N9 though you might want to see if you can get rid of it and pick up the *shudder* Samsung tablet. I really think the N9 is going to be another Xoom.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 7, 2015

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

LastInLine posted:

I have five devices on the latest version of Android, all working perfectly.

Congrats that your devices are luckily working well, it's just tons of other people are having the same issues across several devices. My Nexus 5 and 2nd gen Moto G are terrible phones now and I wish I would have left them on 4.4

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Thermopyle posted:

I don't know if they're always this price, but I just came across these 2013 Moto X 32GB Developer Editions for $200.

If I was buying a new phone now, there's a good chance this is still the phone I would buy even if current flagships were in my budget.

Verizon version FYI. I was going to pull the trigger yesterday, but I heard mixed things regarding how well it will work on AT&T/T-Mobile.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

kitten smoothie fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 26, 2018

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

kitten smoothie posted:

After seeing how the Verizon Galaxy Nexus played out, I really wonder what would've happened had they actually shipped a Verizon Nexus One as planned rather than canceling it and just saying "go buy the Incredible instead."

Google probably would've thrown up their hands and EOL'd it at Froyo.
Maybe or maybe not. The Nexus One was such a solid device on all software versions that it probably wouldn't have suffered the myriad problems with carrier testing the Galaxy Nexus did. All the speculation was that the GN problems were radio-related and we all know how spectacularly lovely that separate LTE chip was for the radio.

The Nexus One on the other hand was just perfect all the time.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Thermopyle posted:

I have a Droid MAXX and I want to buy this. :negative:

dat form factor

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

TenaciousTomato posted:

I have a Droid MAXX and I want to buy this. :negative:

dat form factor

I have a Droid Turbo and I did (a month or so ago). Its a really nice little device. It's my 'spare' phone since getting rid of my old phones netted enough money to buy it.

One thing to remember about Verizon though with android. The effect the OG Droid had on Android cannot be understated. It put Android on the map as well as setting new standards in hardware specs.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
How are people grabbing their Nexus 6's? Play store says that they update inventory on Wednesday, but I haven't seen anything yet today. I'm looking to snag a 64GB Blue.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bull3964 posted:

One thing to remember about Verizon though with android. The effect the OG Droid had on Android cannot be understated. It put Android on the map as well as setting new standards in hardware specs.
A shame Motorola pissed all that goodwill away by letting the carrier define the branding which allowed Samsung to swoop in with the radical idea of "selling the same phone on different carriers with the same name". I know it was de rigueur at the time to allow the carrier to name the phone but if, of all hapless entities, Samsung could figure out how to let the carriers do that AND tell the customer the name of the device surely Motorola could've done it.

BoyBlunder posted:

How are people grabbing their Nexus 6's? Play store says that they update inventory on Wednesday, but I haven't seen anything yet today. I'm looking to snag a 64GB Blue.
My wife went through Motorola but they don't tell you when they're going to have some, you just have to be ready.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

IuniusBrutus posted:

So, I got my Moto X (2013), and this phone is great. 720p is totally acceptable for a screen this size, the battery life is tolerable (a bit better than my Nexus 5), and the Motorola specific software additions are fantastic. I already use Google Calendar to schedule all of my stuff, so Moto assist does a great job with silencing my phone for busy times, and the driving additions are great, too. Active display seems to be better in the Motorola implementation rather than the stock Android 5.0 form. Always listening works fine too, though I hope Motorola implements 5.0s baked in always listening (hahahahaha). Size is great - could probably stand to be a bit bigger, so when this kicks the can I'll move to a 2014 version.

My only concern is that there is some minor UI lag, and app lag (mostly when scrolling through, say, Awful, G+, Chrome, etc). I know this was pretty much the case when the phone came out as well, and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm more worried that it will become unusable-slow in short order - I don't expect it to last forever, but I hope to get a year out of it or so.

Turn on ART, I found it eliminated a lot of the lag/jank I was finding.

Also I don't know how I'm going to use a phone without active display now. I understand that ambient display works well enough, but it doesn't look nearly as responsive.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
What are you guys doing on your phones to not have any memory issues with Lollipop? :psyduck:

I have to restart my N5 pretty much every single day since after a day of use things start to go to poo poo. Homescreen redraws, apps running out of memory, crashing--it's definitely not flawless.

It got so bad with stock I finally caved and unlocked my bootloader and install a custom ROM to see if one had fixed the problems (it didn't.)

[edit] Also this sort of poo poo is inexcusable considering these memory issues were prevalent throughout the beta. People were reporting them since day 1 and they still never fixed them. It's broken as poo poo and I'm at the point where I'm saving up to go back to iPhone.

robodex fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 7, 2015

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

My bank's app isn't compatible with my Nexus 6. =(

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

robodex posted:

What are you guys doing on your phones to not have any memory issues with Lollipop? :psyduck:

I have to restart my N5 pretty much every single day since after a day of use things start to go to poo poo. Homescreen redraws, apps running out of memory, crashing--it's definitely not flawless.
For some reason the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices seem to be hit worse by the Lollipop memory issues. They are marked as fixed in the next version (probably to be numbered 5.0.3) which is expected any day now.

On my Moto X 2014 lollipop is really great, on my Nexus 9 it's good, and on my Nexus 7 2012 it's no good at all.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

RZA Encryption posted:

My bank's app isn't compatible with my Nexus 6. =(
Neither is my wife's credit union app.

robodex posted:

Nothing I didn't do before. It's running for me as good or better than it was under KitKat. :shrug: I haven't restarted since the day 5.0.1 came out.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Yeah I have no clue. I've had nothing but problems with it since release. I tend to be a pretty heavy user of my phone though and find it happens more when I'm switching between apps a lot, so I guess if you don't use your phone a ton it's not that bad?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The only thing I can say is that my battery drain both idle and in use seems much faster under Lollipop. I don't gently caress around my phone that much and I don't usually skip from app to app to app so maybe my routine of Something, Hangouts, and Chrome just doesn't trigger it.

I just don't know, man.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

The only thing I can say is that my battery drain both idle and in use seems much faster under Lollipop. I don't gently caress around my phone that much and I don't usually skip from app to app to app so maybe my routine of Something, Hangouts, and Chrome just doesn't trigger it.

I just don't know, man.

I agree that on my Nexus 4, idle battery drain seems a lot faster. Not sure about in-use drain. The battery info screen blames it on Google Play Services, and I see a lot of awake time when the screen's off. GSam blames either Google Play Services or Android System.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Man, I guess I'm a minority, but I absolutely love Lollipop and the Nexus 6 is easily the best phone I've ever owned.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

CLAM DOWN posted:

Man, I guess I'm a minority, but I absolutely love Lollipop and the Nexus 6 is easily the best phone I've ever owned.

I'm with you on that. This thing, while barely fitting in my pocket, is way better than the htc phones I came from. I almost like it more than my iPad Air 2.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

robodex posted:

It got so bad with stock I finally caved and unlocked my bootloader and install a custom ROM to see if one had fixed the problems (it didn't.)

[edit] Also this sort of poo poo is inexcusable considering these memory issues were prevalent throughout the beta. People were reporting them since day 1 and they still never fixed them. It's broken as poo poo and I'm at the point where I'm saving up to go back to iPhone.

I don't know that I do anything special, but 5.0.1 made a dramatic improvement in the memory leak for me. On 5.0, I would start getting homescreen redraws within like 24-36 hours. On 5.0.1, they only start happening after maybe 3-4 days, and are never anywhere near as severe. Still not great and something to be fixed, but it went from being actively obnoxious to something that is basically ignorable.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

robodex posted:

I'm very forgiving of bugs. Software is hard.

But I've got to agree that the state of Lollipop at release was inexcusable if the problems are as widespread as they seem to have been.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just had my first ever bad experience with lollipop, a hard crash while ironically while telling my wife that google cars could be a thing in 20 years. Maybe make that 30. Otherwise its been nearly perfect, much better than Jellybean on my S3 or Jellybean/KitKat on my Note 3.

This is the only place I've seen where there's a negative impression of the software. But it's also by far the nerdiest so there ya go.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinkajou
Jan 6, 2004

robodex posted:

Clearing the cache seems to fix the memory issues on my N5 for 4-5 days before they pop up again. It takes some time to do, but it's less frustrating than having your phone go jank every day.