Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:911:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

jah bless black baby goku

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
also:

e: to stay on topic, gotta say gently caress the cowboys and the patriots. i guess i'm rooting for the colts now?

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 6, 2015

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Your new name manages to be dumber than your previous one.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

also:

e: to stay on topic, gotta say gently caress the cowboys and the patriots. i guess i'm rooting for the colts now?

Plenty of room for you on the Seahawk Bandwagon. The city of gamers, with the best NFL gamers. Sherman has epic smack talk

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ribsauce posted:

Honestly the journalist fawning is not nearly as bad as it used to be. I felt like I heard "The Patriots Way" a whole lot less recently. They have VInce Wilfork, who has to be #1 in the "What NFL player would you want to live next door to" bracket, Gronk who is probably the dumbest person on planet Earth (he kinda annoys me but whatever, most people like him), they actually cut their murdering pro bowler, and Tom Brady is a nice guy, there I said it.

The other three
Broncos: They don't really suck but Eli having more rings than Peyton will always own
Ravens: We don't need to rehash for the 914th time what is wrong with them
Colts: Irsay is a disgrace, I will never forget one time he tweeted at some guy saying he was doing a bad job something like "well work hard, get rich, and buy your own team" which melted my mind so hard I still have not recovered (I spent like 20 minutes trying to find this a few weeks ago but I failed)

Yep, the Patriots might be the least bad AFC team.
this guy is the most retarded friend of the family in all of tff lmfao the comment about irsay destroyinng his mind is especially win

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

this guy is the most retarded friend of the family in all of tff lmfao the comment about irsay destroyinng his mind is especially win
oh yeah Jim Irsay is a total disgrace for getting high off painkillers and driving with a briefcase full of money to buy more pills. in contrast, Robert Kraft is a saint

a lecherous old saint who creeps on women half his age and invites Rush Limbaugh and Henry Kissenger into his owner's box, but a saint nonetheless

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

oh yeah Jim Irsay is a total disgrace for getting high off painkillers and driving with a briefcase full of money to buy more pills. in contrast, Robert Kraft is a saint

a lecherous old saint who creeps on women half his age and invites Rush Limbaugh and Henry Kissenger into his owner's box, but a saint nonetheless

Its amazing that they give a poo poo about this crap on any level. It sports. Just root for your team to win. Not everyone on your team or organization is going to be perfect and anyone that attempts to hold any kind of organization to those standards would be frozen in place because they wouldnt be able to buy, root for, watch, just about every single loving thing in the world.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my friend put it best when he said that NFL owners are withered old bags of capital. trying to say that your owner is better than another is a futile exercise

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

my friend put it best when he said that NFL owners are withered old bags of capital. trying to say that your owner is better than another is a futile exercise

Watching owners apologize for how lovely their teams are doing is rare but still pretty funny though

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

Jerry Jones is better than any other owner.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The Rams owner doing his announcement with LA yesterday sure was a great way to make sure season ticket sales don't tank next year!
the only explanation of why Goodell wants to prevent any team from moving to LA next season is that he wants to punish the city for losing two teams in a single offseason. there's no other reason for him to deny a team to a market that will make even more money for the NFL

if he does back down, i'm going to say that the "Hands Up Don't Shoot" motion was the last straw for football in St. Louis and i'll hear no other explanation

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Watching owners apologize for how lovely their teams are doing is rare but still pretty funny though
you can tell that the pakistani dude who owns the jaguars knows that he made a big loving mistake

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
nfl owners are huge human being baby retards. i DEMAND a new, top-of-the-line stadium for my perennially 6-10 garbage team. the state should cover the cost, which is the better part of a billion dollars, because i don't want to pay for it. i'm a billionaire btw.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
at this point i hope kroenke takes the team back to LA and spends a shitload of his own money building a stadium out there, only to have no one give a poo poo about the team and all the invested money to have been completely wasted

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope no one takes the Rams and they disappear off the face of the earth. Jeff Fisher, rest in piss.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

zen death robot posted:

But some people are already starting up with the "St Louis fans turned on the Rams years ago, they won't give them a chance :qq:" poo poo to justify why the city deserves to lose the team. Oddly it's the same things that was said when LA lost two teams in the 90s. The difference is the Ed Jones Dome isn't some 1960s relic like where the Rams and Raiders played. They act like the stadium is practically falling apart, and in reality it just needs some minor updates. It's not that loving old.

there's really nothing wrong with the stadium. granted i haven't been in a few years but it was a perfectly serviceable place to watch football. the real problem with EJD is that parking and tailgating sucks rear end but i'm not sure spending $700 million to fix that is a good idea.

also lol at the idea that STL fans don't show the rams enough love, STL isn't a football city, etc. they haven't had a winning season in 12 loving years, the fans aren't the problem

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Shinjobi posted:

I hope no one takes the Rams and they disappear off the face of the earth. Jeff Fisher, rest in piss.

Jeff Fisher is an inspiration to mediocrity everywhere. He has never had stretches of good, he has never had stretches of bad. Just average, all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMDRbOBMno&t=9s

Right in that meaty part of the curve. Not showing off, not falling behind.

Right in that meaty part of the curve.

Right in that meaty part.

Right in that meat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tranime scholar posted:

also lol at the idea that STL fans don't show the rams enough love, STL isn't a football city, etc. they haven't had a winning season in 12 loving years, the fans aren't the problem
honestly, the rams have been a terrible team for their entire time in st. louis with the exception of their three or four Greatest Show On Turf years. they had more good years in LA (well, Anaheim) in the '80s than they've had in two decades in STL. maybe they're just a cursed franchise

as it is, their suckiness makes them the third team in their own city, behind the Blues. if you have a pro football team in the midwest and your hockey team is more popular, then you've got a major problem

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

if you have a pro football team in the midwest and your hockey team is more popular, then you've got a major problem

Lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm basing that post on one guy from st. louis that i met at a bar in NYC but i'm gonna defend it as truth

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
there are still a lot of dedicated fans and people generally want the rams to stay in stl. it's just that interest in them has waned since they haven't been good in over a decade and never show any signs of improvement

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
man i still think that sam bradford could be good if he'd only stop tearing ligaments every two months. feel bad for the rams.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
sam bradford was a good QB and i feel really bad for him because he got put behind possibly the worst offensive line in all of football. the rams destroyed his career and his body. rip

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Sam Bradford story: he once got kicked out of my house for smoking weed and playing halo too loud.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The US franchise system for sports teams is both hilarious and perplexing to me

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CraigK posted:

feel bad for the rams.

I don't

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tranime scholar posted:

sam bradford was a good QB and i feel really bad for him because he got put behind possibly the worst offensive line in all of football. the rams destroyed his career and his body. rip

The David Carr experience.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
georgia hired brian schottenheimer as OC. oh my loving god YES YES YESSSSSS HAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

tranime scholar posted:

georgia hired brian schottenheimer as OC. oh my loving god YES YES YESSSSSS HAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That is so loving good for the Rams. He might be one of the worst OC's in the game.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Somebody post that gif when he was with the jets and it was 3rd and long and all four receivers ran the exact same 6 yard curl route lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Who has the greatest chance of stopping the evil Patriots. Go that team

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NickRoweFillea posted:

I don't even know. The Patriots are the scariest team in football this season, imho.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seahawks will rise to the challenge. One HoF qb crushed in the superbowl, time to make it 2...

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That is so loving good for the Rams. He might be one of the worst OC's in the game.

i'm a mizzou fan too so today is basically christmas for me.

found that gif:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
objectively in terms of shittiness of the team the jaguars should be moved somewhere else before the rams, who at least occasionally seem to try

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

qnqnx posted:

The US franchise system for sports teams is both hilarious and perplexing to me
the more i think about the European soccer league system, the more i like it

NickRoweFillea posted:

i think the ravens will play them tough, they always do. here's hoping i'm not proven wrong in a few hours

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i'm hoping for ravens beat pats, colts or broncos beat ravens, personally

another peyton sb loss sounds great to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'd like to see a Seahawks/Broncos rematch and for it to be a better game than last year

• Locked thread