Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

page probably has no idea that there was even work being done on his yacht, he probably thinks its like a car you just hop in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

how do people maintain gimmicks that was painful to post

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

how do people maintain gimmicks that was painful to post

the truth hurts

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
who gives a poo poo about page or even ~the rich~ in this story, what matters is that "heidi" is a goddamn animal that needs to be put down

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I hope to be rich enough one day that I am unaware of the people maintaining my stuff.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

THC posted:

Grupinski says he did not know that Parks Pro Liquid Paint Stripper was a highly toxic petrochemical that had been discontinued by its manufacturer for at least a decade.

should a googled it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Management posted:

I hope to be rich enough one day that I am unaware of the people.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

PleasureKevin posted:

should a googled it

National Institutes of Health posted:

Product Name: Parks Pro Liquid Paint Stripper-discontinued

Hazard: Danger! Poison! Vapor Harmful. Warning. Use of this product may expose you to methylene chloride and benzene which are known to cause cancer and toluol which is known to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Notice: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational over exposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Larry page no, bob page yes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

all paint strippers have methylene chloride in them

gasoline has benzene in it

toluene is in every oil based spray paint

these are commonly used industrial chemicals and any organic-vapor-rated respirator (about $25) will protect you from all of them

i have to imagine that his boss didn't give him one or even tell him one was necessary

eat the rich

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lmao another moonshot shot down

http://www.hybridcars.com/audi-a7-concept-autonomously-drove-itself-560-miles-to-vegas/

quote:

Audi’s autonomous driven A7 successfully completed the 560 miles drive between the Silicon Valley and Las Vegas. And the goal for this drive was not a gamble.

Audi stated the Audi A7 Sportback piloted driving concept has arrived in Las Vegas in time for the Consumer Electronics Show held until January 9.

Starting in California’s famous Silicon Valley, the Audi A7 3.0 TFSI quattro piloted driving concept’s long-haul test drive was witnessed – mostly hands-free – by members of the media, added Audi. It proved itself capable of providing a comfortable drive in real world, everyday driving situations, particularly in the kind of traffic that customers encounter on a daily basis.

“The results of the test drive underscore our piloted driving competency”, said Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg, Audi Board Member for Technical Development. “I’d like to thank the team of Audi engineers, VW Group R&D and the Electronics Research Laboratory for making it such a great success.”

Audi explained the test drive resulted in actionable data to help further development of Audi piloted driving. It involved the longest drive undertaken so far by Audi at full road speeds with members of the public behind the wheel, each of whom was able to experience piloted driving in 100 mile stints in various traffic situations on public highways.

Audi did not say how many of these journalists wrote their story while being at the wheel of the car!

In total, the drive was 560 miles long and, as required by State laws in California and the special autonomous driving license granted to Audi, was accompanied by an experienced Audi test driver who monitored proceedings from the passenger seat.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

dear google: what the gently caress is this title bar jesus christ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sudo Echo posted:

black text on a background that rich totally triggers me

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

thankfully the text is white, i just blanked out the name w/ the background color.

its still like 3x the size of the normal one for no reason at all

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

erm thats material design tyvm

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
what would rule for self driving cars is if they set the end location and then released the car into the wild with nobody in tr car at all.

imagine seeing a car with nobody inside, cruising down the highway at 65.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Wild EEPROM posted:

what would rule for self driving cars is if they set the end location and then released the car into the wild with nobody in tr car at all.

lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Wild EEPROM posted:

it's called i-95 past boca raton if you're not in something high up to see the q-tip driving it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Wild EEPROM posted:

isnt that the goal, to be able to have cars autonomously go where they are needed

like an automated uber

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Linguica posted:

isnt that the goal, to be able to have cars autonomously go where they are needed

like an automated uber

Yeah, this would own, then everybody could stay home instead of driving everywhere.

wait a minute...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

in new hangouts the title bar for a conversation doesn't line up with the title bar for the list of conversations.

gj google.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Linguica posted:

like an automated uber

just call it a johnny cab

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
we got the three breasted woman, the robot taxi, the feudal corporate hellscape....
just need the fake memory tech and a Mars slave colony and I won't need to watch my fav movie, I can just live it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sudo Echo posted:

they changed the UX for the worse, and did not fix any of the outstanding issues, such as unreasonable massive battery consumption

SOP for google

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you forgot killer cops

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
also I'm the mutant traitor with the useless chicken wing extremity

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

they changed the UX for the worse, and did not fix any of the outstanding issues, such as unreasonable massive battery consumption

SOP for google

fixing the battery consumption was a lot more work than reskinning the ui and didn't make this version hth.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

also they added giant sticker emoji or whatever.

including this

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
pittsburgh has its own emoji now?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

recently came to the realization that apple maps searching is much improved now, so i've demoted google maps off the first home screen page

gently caress that sluggish ui
gently caress the choppy navigation
gently caress splash screens
gently caress material design
gently caress google

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

pittsburgh has its own emoji now?

:plopsburgh:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

THC posted:

recently came to the realization that apple maps searching is much improved now, so i've demoted google maps off the first home screen page

gently caress google

same but years ago

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

THC posted:

gently caress google

it's amazing how godawful slow gmaps is. it's like they imported the entire android UI, not just the icons/layout.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

THC posted:

gently caress google
I used to use Waze but I pretty much exclusively use Apple Maps now. Thimb

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Linguica posted:

like an automated uber

I mean for a trade show or something. like Audi just presses some buttons on funy car and it just shows up.

without passengers or anything.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

reserve a parking lot with the self driving car!

simply send it off to wherever and have it wait for and take a spot. later, when you want to show up, you just drive in your other car, swap places, and send the car back home

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

reserve a parking lot with the self driving car!

simply send it off to wherever and have it wait for and take a spot. later, when you want to show up, you just drive in your other car, swap places, and send the car back home
I'm sure there are already at least three startups for this sort of behavior

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Linguica posted:

I'm sure there are already at least three startups for this sort of behavior

you would be correct

market disruption

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Shifty Pony posted:

also they added giant sticker emoji or whatever.

including this

i'm the dithered solid colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Sudo Echo posted:

• Locked thread