Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit

Valle posted:

So let me take my new RU-251 out for a spin!

Holy crap! Wonder what the enemy team has to say to this!

Haha! Dis gon be gud! It ended up 9-15 loss :downs:

As someone who doesn't play with KVM, what do the colors represent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Okay, so I'm going to go out on a killing spree and blame WoT for it.

Seriously, gently caress every single oval office playing right now.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so I'm going to go out on a killing spree and blame WoT for it.

Seriously, gently caress every single oval office playing right now.

It's only an hour off for killing teammates. Load up arti or a high alpha tank and go to town.

Be sure to insult whoever you team kill. Bonus points if you get their platoonmates banned.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Better update the cheats bro

How else can I be gud@tonks

[e]: EE, can you post this in the OP?

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 7, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Last night: 87.5% solopub win rate

Today thus far? 31.2.

Plenty of kills, plenty of damage, but gently caress. EVERY. SINGLE. oval office. PUBBIE.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Frag Viper posted:

As someone who doesn't play with KVM, what do the colors represent?

Red is bot quality shitlord, yellow is average, green is good, blue is very good, purple is unicum.

Black is the super special "are you trying to be this bad" level of awful, reserved for a handful of players.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Valle posted:

It has always been funny when I've seen a team full of amazing players just throw the game because they think they are too awesome. Usually it's from being hyper aggressive and having the mediums slam into a heavy/TE gunline.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

It has always been funny when I've seen a team full of amazing players just throw the game because they think they are too awesome. Usually it's from being hyper aggressive and having the mediums slam into a heavy/TE gunline.

Usually what I see is the team getting rolled because they are playing to how things should go normally with a mix of terrible players per side. The enemy team being just full of terribles though do inane things that collectively get the amazing team killed because it was unexpected. Also, if you have a team of amazing players, someone has to sacrifice themselves for spotting since you don't have the idiots to do it willingly for you in a normal team make up.

Also, this happened the other day, can you identify the problem?

:suicide:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Usually what I see is the team getting rolled because they are playing to how things should go normally with a mix of terrible players per side. The enemy team being just full of terribles though do inane things that collectively get the amazing team killed because it was unexpected. Also, if you have a team of amazing players, someone has to sacrifice themselves for spotting since you don't have the idiots to do it willingly for you in a normal team make up.

Was he firing HE or was he cosplaying as a ISU-122?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

buzzsaw.gif posted:

gently caress this game

Agreed.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Yep.

"Oh why is it dying?

Lol,

Cause you can get this sick rear end mod where you don't even have to try!

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 8, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Also, if you have a team of amazing players, someone has to sacrifice themselves for spotting since you don't have the idiots to do it willingly for you in a normal team make up.

Alternatively, driving a light tank on a good team is pretty much the best thing ever.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

McGavin posted:

If you're Canadian you should be drinking this:

Jim Murray, the writer of the Whisky Bible, names it one of the top 6 whiskys in the world and says: "When I tell people that you can buy one of the best whiskys in the world in a plastic bottle in a liquor store for the kind of change that you don't even realize is in your back pocket they don't believe me." In BC it's under $25 for a 2-6.

If that's not enough endorsement for you it is also Jim Lahey's brand of choice in Trailer Park Boys.

Its actually surprising how cheaply you can get good booze if you know where to look. A 750 of Teachers is like $20 and is way better than most whisky that costs five times as much. The purist single-malt snobs will scoff because its a blend, but the taste is amazing.

Same with wine... I spent the holidays at my aunts place in Trier and the local Mosel rieslings you can get for 10 euros will blow your loving mind.

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 8, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Was he firing HE or was he cosplaying as a ISU-122?

Which isu are you talking of?

Because the other didn't do much better, with kills.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

WayAbvPar posted:

I did it, guys. I peeked behind the pubbie curtain and I am not sure I will ever be the same.

Tier 8 game in my IS-2. My team full of retards sends 1 tank to the west side of Erlenberg, so I hold back and try to cover him as best I can. I get a few shots off and get run over by 4 or 5 tier 8s. Meanwhile our 43% Super Pershing is running his dickhole about how bad I am for dying early. He goes from the mid map and backs literally to the K line and dies last. And of course, he did zero damage. So I had to compliment him on his skills. Below is our full chat. I am still in awe.

Full transcript here-
http://www.pastebin.ca/2898837

wait who am i supposed to be laughing at here

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Managed to force a draw against a team with 3 G players and a really good FOXEY player on Sand River thanks to their team crumbling around them. Bet there was some really good chat going on that side, because if they didn't have a Rhoomba sitting in a corner, they should have won.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I uninstalled today. Again. So once again I'm free, until I decide to reinstall this terrible, terrible game

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm making so much more progress with the missions just sticking to one tank than I am jumping tank to tank, nation to nation. It's less frustrating too. When I die I can just do something else until the tank unlocks!

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

JuffoWup posted:

1. Your in NDP
2. Your driving that horrid tank
3. That resolution you use has not been seen since 1998
4. Somehow with a higher score your not on top of team score.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I don't think that 1015x704 is a standard monitor resolution.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

McGavin posted:

If you're Canadian you should be drinking this:

Jim Murray, the writer of the Whisky Bible, names it one of the top 6 whiskys in the world and says: "When I tell people that you can buy one of the best whiskys in the world in a plastic bottle in a liquor store for the kind of change that you don't even realize is in your back pocket they don't believe me." In BC it's under $25 for a 2-6.

If that's not enough endorsement for you it is also Jim Lahey's brand of choice in Trailer Park Boys.

I'm going to be extremely pissed if the local bottlo doesn't have this next time I go down there.

(I bet it doesn't. gently caress Australia.)

Valle posted:

Which mod is it that gives NA players their proper flag? :unsmigghh:

CitizenKain posted:

A team of greens is usually reliable, a team of unicums is usually a disaster waiting to happen (exacerbated by lack of platoons or the appearance of CHAI and other shitlords). I will take the greens every time.

JackDRipper posted:

1. Your in NDP

You're is the contraction of you are. Your is possessive, as in "You're tempted to slit your wrists when you play your AMX-40".

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

rossmum posted:

As far as I'm aware it's a new feature of XVM that shows you what language the respective player's client is running.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

JackDRipper posted:

1. Your in NDP

1) My clan means nothing
2) that tank was part of the point
3) It was clipped from a larger screenshot that had no bearing
4) List is sorted by damage

Now combine points 4 and 2 to get the reference

Also, good idea big headline:

quote:

Researched:Object 263 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 204754. Free Experience spent: 15,246.

Yeah, I used free experience. Thing is, I have enough premium vehicles that it freely generates that much in a few weeks if I bang on them for cash. And I mean freely as in, I don't use gold to convert to that. Of which, I'll need to play them a bunch as I'm barely at 1mil now and have yet to buy the challenger that I've also unlocked.

2x mission xp like this is great, it means even in losses you still get 2x xp if you damage something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Yeah, I used free experience. Thing is, I have enough premium vehicles that it freely generates that much in a few weeks if I bang on them for cash. And I mean freely as in, I don't use gold to convert to that.

I am currently sitting on nearly 400k free exp. I got a bunch from when they hosed around with the Russian T-28 line and it kinda just snowballed from there. I'm probably going to use it to get the FV4202 before it becomes a premium.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I have over one million free exp but I can't use it because then I'd have less than one million.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Desuwa posted:

I have over one million free exp but I can't use it because then I'd have less than one million.

I am deeply bothered if I am forced to carry an odd number of any particular type of ammunition that isn't a multiple of 5.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Speaking of surprise wins today, I played a game on swamp today with a solidly green team. The enemy had a G platoon and players from BADGER, CHAI, FOXEY and other blues, we had a 28% chance. BADGER guys suicide over the bridge within 2 minutes and the CHAI/FOXEY players gets waffle clipped in another and everyone else eventually yolos one by one over the next 10. The G platoon expectedly gave a good accounting of themselves but their teammates were determined to drag them kicking and screaming to a loss. Pretty ridiculous considering it was one of those games that opens with everyone on my team "GGing" in all chat.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Better update the cheats bro

How else can I be gud@tonks

[e]: EE, can you post this in the OP?

So I can guess that's a no on the update? Just trying to get a reading on goons cheating or not.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

rossmum posted:

I updated my OMC stuff today, and they were just there!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rossmum posted:

I am deeply bothered if I am forced to carry an odd number of any particular type of ammunition that isn't a multiple of 5.

You don't need to carry a full ammo loadout if it bothers you. Plus, more Fadin's!

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I didn't know we were famous.

Next it's going to be NTR or Forge or something. We just want to take it easy, man.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

OSad posted:

Next it's going to be NTR or Forge or something. We just want to take it easy, man.

You can't say you people don't bring it on yourselves. Anime belongs in the trash.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

The Southern Dandy posted:

So I can guess that's a no on the update? Just trying to get a reading on goons cheating or not.

Shady poo poo like this goes into PGS.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Alternatively, driving a light tank on a good team is pretty much the best thing ever.

Whereas the opposite is also true.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rossmum posted:

I'm going to be extremely pissed if the local bottlo doesn't have this next time I go down there.

(I bet it doesn't. gently caress Australia.)

Even Dan Murphy's doesn't have it, which is unusual, because it usually has nearly everything. Local bottlos don't stock more than Bundy, Jim Beam and XXXX/Tooheys/VB/West End/Swan, avoid if possible.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Even Dan Murphy's doesn't have it, which is unusual, because it usually has nearly everything. Local bottlos don't stock more than Bundy, Jim Beam and XXXX/Tooheys/VB/West End/Swan, avoid if possible.

Yeah, despite winning Canadian Whisky of the Year in the 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 Whisky Bibles, we're ashamed of it because of its bargain price and don't export it anywhere. :canada:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 8, 2015

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Researched:T-54 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 142000. Free Experience spent: 0.

My first tier 9 :getin:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Quick, someone try this line in-game and tell me how long it takes to get chatbanned:

"If those cops didn't want to get shot, then why do they dress like criminals?"

Mesadoram posted:

Both. We've been sounding super condescending with our "helpful advice" in strongholds to vent our anger at the camping masses.

Oh PANSY does the same thing with the camping shitlords in skirmishes; there's nothing wrong with making GBS threads on the shitters who don't want to learn how to play the game. Who gives a gently caress if they think you're bulli?

RandomPauI posted:

I'm making so much more progress with the missions just sticking to one tank than I am jumping tank to tank, nation to nation. It's less frustrating too. When I die I can just do something else until the tank unlocks!

Well it's a good idea to focus on one mission at a time unless you know you'll complete them all anyway. Otherwise you risk running out of time with all the missions partially completed, which is worthless.

OSad posted:

So, I heard you quit PANSY again because someone convinced you that Hellsau had re-joined. Confirm/Deny. This is important.

apseudonym posted:

Researched:T-54 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 142000. Free Experience spent: 0.

My first tier 9 :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IlNbsILLE

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ok, I know the challenger is a poo poo tank anyway. This was already covered in the achilles which didn't have a barn turret. What is the story on the challenger turret upgrade? I mean, what is the soft stat changes not being shown. 10m more view range and 2 more degrees of rotational speed isn't all that much of an improvement. But in britian's own hilarious ways, the armor scheme rotates to something that would make the french proud. 101mm front armor + 40mm rear armor on the stock turret altered to 50mm front + 200mm rear. What.

Edit: also, I just had a 4400 damage game in my newly minted 263, but then the server shat itself right at the end of the match, so I have no idea the results. Highlights include me face tanking a object 268 from about 100m away taking no damage the entire time. Same goes for a few other tanks completely stemming the near fall that was happening. This tank is absolutely amazing. :argh:

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

So much XP to get the gun on it :smith: