Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

What the gently caress is even going on, this owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

drat the lead keeps shifting this is great.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we've all been really nice to each other lately

the good gdq has brought us together

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was never able to understand that magnet beam as a kid. It always seemed to fade out of existence. I guess its just a frame error.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Eonwe posted:

we've all been really nice to each other lately

the good gdq has brought us together

after the tetris runs i can't get upset at much of anything anymore

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Die america

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Coolkid is just too drat good at Mega Man 1.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

Die america

:beerpal:

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
and Big Jon on the couch, not usually interested in Mega Man 1, this now has my full attention.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

As a request for future AGDQs, they really need to list the AGDQ record and World records underneath the estimate. Everyone asks anyway, and someone always knows. It'd be neat to track WR progress during the run.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Quest For Glory II posted:

As a request for future AGDQs, they really need to list the AGDQ record and World records underneath the estimate. Everyone asks anyway, and someone always knows. It'd be neat to track WR progress during the run.

Feel like this would put too much pressure on the runners. GDQ record might be fine but world record is something they already are not concerned with at all, why list it so that everyone goes "hurrr so far from WR" or "hurrr so close" at the end?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Poultron posted:

Feel like this would put too much pressure on the runners. GDQ record might be fine but world record is something they already are not concerned with at all, why list it so that everyone goes "hurrr so far from WR" or "hurrr so close" at the end?
The runner shouldn't be able to see it, they're just staring at the TV or whatever.

If they don't want to do WR they should at least show the runner's personal best, and maybe the GDQ record

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
that loving finish

coolkid's legend lives on

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This adefgames dude is taking it too seriously.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
What pressure, it's a GDQ event. They know they probably have zero chance at a world record and nobody cares, nobody watches this for WR attempts.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

The runner shouldn't be able to see it, they're just staring at the TV or whatever.

If they don't want to do WR they should at least show the runner's personal best, and maybe the GDQ record

Runners can see like chat and Reddit and stuff like that after their run dude. They would definitely feel the pressure

Poultron
May 26, 2006

This adef guy.. I feel bad for him but he's just making it worse with his brash personality. Not a cool gamer that I would hang out with tbh

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Goddamn that Megaman race owned, it was down to the wire :megaman:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
joffrey pissed he lost

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Closing in on half a mil. They are pretty amazing. What is their previous record?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

What pressure, it's a GDQ event. They know they probably have zero chance at a world record and nobody cares, nobody watches this for WR attempts.

Then what would be the point of displaying world records?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

While waiting for the next Megaman, play the best version of Megaman ever made

https://archive.org/stream/msdos_Me...=dosbox&scale=2

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Nipplebox posted:

Then what would be the point of displaying PBs or world records?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Closing in on half a mil. They are pretty amazing. What is their previous record?

Over 1 mil

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Over a million give or take.

Agh screw You E man

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I repeat, if nobody watches for WR attempts, what would be the point of showing WRs?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

La-Mulana theme just makes me want a run of that here

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Nipplebox posted:

I repeat, if nobody watches for WR attempts, what would be the point of showing WRs?

This is not hard.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Yeah I mean I personally think it would add undue pressure but if you really can't figure out how it could be neat for viewers you are kind of dumb dude

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mr E posted:

La-Mulana theme just makes me want a run of that here

The remake is a surprisingly nice speed run to watch. The original had maybe a hair too much player-hating BS to be appreciated but the new version is definitely easier to follow.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"What are you loving doing?"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

While waiting for the next Megaman, play the best version of Megaman ever made

https://archive.org/stream/msdos_Me...=dosbox&scale=2

Don't even joke about that man, you're gonna give me PTSD flashbacks.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

The remake is a surprisingly nice speed run to watch. The original had maybe a hair too much player-hating BS to be appreciated but the new version is definitely easier to follow.

Yeah, I followed the guy who ran the SGDQ run and he's super chill and does fun runs of the remake.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

At this point I am just enjoying the adventures of donation announcer man trying to squeeze a single donation into the past 3 hours and being unable to do so

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Poultron posted:

Yeah I mean I personally think it would add undue pressure but if you really can't figure out how it could be neat for viewers you are kind of dumb dude

Yeah man knowing someone else beat a game faster than you is a ton of pressure

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Omnikin posted:

Yeah man knowing someone else beat a game faster than you is a ton of pressure

I don't really think you get speedrunning

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ohon kinda dominating this run right now.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
The dude on the right is getting wrecked. Feel kinda bad for him.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

This is not hard.

Poultron posted:

I know it would be neat for you to not do a web search. There's no reason to display WRs and PBs on screen as if these are legit record attempts that people are whiffing all week. Streamers already get drops in viewership for red segment times in practice runs. You'll just have to use Google.

Toady fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Nipplebox posted:

I know it would be neat for you to not do a web search. There's no reason to display WRs and PBs on screen as if these are legit record attempts that people are whiffing all week. Runners already deal with drops in viewership over red numbers in practice runs. You'll just have to use Google.

Or just list it on the stream since everyone is wondering what it is anyway.

Look there's no reason to not show it so whatever. :shrug:

• Locked thread