Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stoic Commie posted:

i don't think i can watch football anymore, i am dead inside

This is how I've felt for the past fifteen years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
The one thing I learned this year is that teams should forbid their new first-round QB from any endorsement deals or Snickers commercials before they have even played a single snap, lest they start believing their own hype and flame out in a gigantic fireball of smug overconfidence and hot fiery garbage.

see also: Griffin

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Smh at these primadonnas

http://youtu.be/2al6kw31BrA

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JT Jag posted:

Sorry about your team, Rams

I can't feel especially bad for you though, everyone loves talking about the Jaguars moving and the sooner someone else goes to LA the better. I know the London Jaguars is the new meme but that's just never gonna happen for a million reasons.

I don't care where they play since I'll always be a fan (because I'm an idiot), but it'd be great to get all this nonsense finished as quickly as possible. I know it'll take forever, but one can hope.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ghlbtsk posted:

The one thing I learned this year is that teams should forbid their new first-round QB from any endorsement deals or Snickers commercials before they have even played a single snap, lest they start believing their own hype and flame out in a gigantic fireball of smug overconfidence and hot fiery garbage.

see also: Griffin

Eat Fresh.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I don't care where they play since I'll always be a fan (because I'm an idiot), but it'd be great to get all this nonsense finished as quickly as possible. I know it'll take forever, but one can hope.
If it makes you feel better I was rooting for the Raiders or Chargers to move, not you guys.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER IS GONE, BRING ON ANYONE ELSE!!!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Mike Shula, come on down!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DariusLikewise posted:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

*shovels barrel of money onto Cam Cameron's door step*

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

I will die

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24941611/jj-watt-does-not-appreciate-the-words-totes-and-bae

JJ Watt doesn't like the words "totes" or "bae"

I'm sure you jerks will rip him for that one too :mad:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24941611/jj-watt-does-not-appreciate-the-words-totes-and-bae

"And what's with that 'twerking' business that young Missus Cyrus is up to, I don't want that for my future daughters, offends my sensibilities it does."

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I totes use totes ironically.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

:laffo: why the gently caress did CBS Sports think is an actual story, I saw it on Twitter and it's so completely ignorable what the gently caress

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Will Brinson sounds like he is as much a fun sponge as JJ Watt.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
JJ Watt approaches the bar somberly, catching the eye of the bartender.
"Excuse me, do you have any sacks?"
A pair of young girls standing next to him take a selfie. JJ's eye begins to twitch uncontrollably.
"Sorry bae, no sacks here."
"Okay, thanks."
Bleeding from the ear, JJ pulls out his phone for a countdown till next training camp begins.
Soon. But not soon enough.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

JJ Watt approaches the bar somberly, catching the eye of the bartender.
"Excuse me, do you have any sacks?"
A pair of young girls standing next to him take a selfie. JJ's eye begins to twitch uncontrollably.
"Sorry bae, no sacks here."
"Okay, thanks."
Bleeding from the ear, JJ pulls out his phone for a countdown till next training camp begins.
Soon. But not soon enough.

I wish I cared about anything the way JJ cares about football. :sigh:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Well, yeah... I'd rather the worst thing I could say about the best player on my favorite team is he sounds like a dullard off the field, rather than beats his children with a switch.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

bae caught me sackin'

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Intruder posted:

What is it with this guy? He acts like a grumpy 90 year old man.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Running around after an inflated ball is serious mans business, only thing that compares is being troops

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why does everyone hate Cam Cameron so much

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Let's have Anquan Boldin line up at wideout and run go-routes all game.

What's a seam route?

No Joe you can't audible.

In the Cam era the offense would magically get crazy results in the 2 minute drill when Joe would call plays on the fly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

He coordinated the best Chargers offense I've ever seen.

Maybe your offense just had lovely players

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

In an SA2K world, a Cam Cameron-coached Ryan Lindley offense would win five championships.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

For me it's because he called only a handful of plays for Tomlinson in the second half of that loving playoff game against the Patriots. When the Chargers' running game was generally successful against that Pats' defense.

That wasn't as glaringly moronic as when McCree fumbled away the game winning interception but it's absolutely as much of a reason why the Chargers blew that game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

For me it's because he called only a handful of plays for Tomlinson in the second half of that loving playoff game against the Patriots. When the Chargers' running game was generally successful against that Pats' defense.

That wasn't as glaringly moronic as when McCree fumbled away the game winning interception but it's absolutely as much of a reason why the Chargers blew that game.

It was actually Marty that told Cameron to pass.

I know, it's weird. Marty said he was gonna pass the ball all loving day in that game.

Probably Magic posted:

In an SA2K world, a Cam Cameron-coached Ryan Lindley offense would win five championships.

Lindley was a pipe dream because he went to my school, but Cameron's Chargers offenses were legit good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Lindley was a pipe dream because he went to my school, but Cameron's Chargers offenses were legit good.

In Probably Magic's world, Todd Reesing is Russel Wilson.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I could've coordinated an amazing offense with that roster

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They were, but he made some terrible mistakes with the Ravens. There's a reason Jim Caldwell replacing him was so effective for a bit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

I could've coordinated an amazing offense with that roster

kinda doubt it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

kinda doubt it

Whatever good Cameron worked in San Diego has not translated to literally any other job he's had, that's why people don't like him. Your team has been the aberration, and his team contained one of the greatest running backs to ever play the game. He also had a hall of fame TE to work with for many of those years. He got to work with a future hall of fame QB, who granted wasn't quite a god yet when he played.

Maybe Cameron was good for SD naturally and not entirely a product of the talent he had to work with (Honestly all great teams are coaching+talent) but he's sucked rear end since, it's okay to accept that. It's kind of like how many Giants fans seem to think Spags is still a god despite the fact that he's done jack poo poo since leaving, and when he was here he had the best D-line in football to work with.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Why have the Bills missed the playoffs for the past fourteen years? Many, many reasons. One of those reasons is poor drafting. So, five years later, let us reflect on the 2010 Buffalo Bills draft(the first of the Nix/Gailey era)

Round 1, Pick 9 - HB C.J. Spiller
Spiller is a dynamic player, and that is primarily why he was picked. But, ultimately, he is also a role player. He isn't an every-down back, or an every-down receiver. He needs significant help from scheme to be effective and is frequently sidelined by injury. In the end, he is a good player, but that's just not good enough from the 9th-overall pick. Grade : D+
Notable players taken within 10 picks: Earl Thomas, Jason Pierre-Paul, Mike Iupati

Round 2, Pick 41 - DT Torell Troup
Troup was considered a bit of a reach at the time, and was envisaged as a nose-tackle in the 3-4 Gailey's DC George Edwards was installing. While Troup showed some promise in limited opportunities, he ultimately spent more time injured than playing. His chronic back issues forced him to retire. Grade : F
Notable players taken within 10 picks: Rob Gronkowski(:suicide:) , Zane Beadles, Linval Joseph, Daryl Washington, Toby Gerhart

Round 3, Pick 72 - DE/DT Alex Carrington
Carrington was a project, a development pick meant to deliver a few years down the line. While he eventually contributed, he was underwhelming, and is now a reserve with the Rams. He hasn't been missed.
Grade : D
Notable players taken within 10 picks: Brandon LaFell, Emmanuel Sanders

Round 4, Pick 107 - WR Marcus Easley
Easley was drafted for his big body and athleticism, the hope being that he could develop into a reliable receiving target. Though he has never made it higher than fifth on the depth chart at that position, he is an absolute beast on special teams. Grade : B+
Notable players taken within 10 picks : Jacoby Ford(:rip:), Aaron Hernandez(:shepface:), Dennis Pitta

Round 5, Pick 140 - T Ed Wang
He was taken as a developmental tackle, but never made the team.
Grade : F
Notable players taken within 10 picks : Zoltan Mesko

Round 6, Pick 178 - LB Arthur Moats
DON'T CROSS THE MOATS!
But seriously, he's been a good back-up linebacker and special teamer since he was picked. Plus, he is the Favre Slayer.
Grade : A+
Notable players taken within 10 picks : Dan "The Fever" Lefevour

Round 6, Pick 192 - LB Danny Batten
Was briefly a reserve linebacker, is now out of the NFL.
Grade : D
Notable players taken within 10 picks : James Starks, Trindon Holliday, Joe Webb

Round 7, Pick 209 - QB Levi Brown
Was on our practice squad for a year, then got dumped. Out of NFL
Grade : C
Notable players taken within 10 picks : None

Round 7, Pick 216 - T Kyle Calloway
Was cut before the pre-season, IIRC.
Grade : F
Notable players taken within 10 picks : J'Marcus Webb

Yeah, so, it was a bad draft folks. That's how you go 6-10 every year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Whatever good Cameron worked in San Diego has not translated to literally any other job he's had, that's why people don't like him. Your team has been the aberration, and his team contained one of the greatest running backs to ever play the game. He also had a hall of fame TE to work with for many of those years. He got to work with a future hall of fame QB, who granted wasn't quite a god yet when he played.

Maybe Cameron was good for SD naturally and not entirely a product of the talent he had to work with (Honestly all great teams are coaching+talent) but he's sucked rear end since, it's okay to accept that. It's kind of like how many Giants fans seem to think Spags is still a god despite the fact that he's done jack poo poo since leaving, and when he was here he had the best D-line in football to work with.

I was so excited when you said future hall of fame QB but then realized you were talking about Brees

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

You know it'll be someone lovely since Fisher is so concerned about the offensive side of the ball. :rolleye:

But, hey, we can bitch about someone else, then!

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

:argh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Intruder posted:

I assume that anyone that uses the word "bae" is just a huge fan Once Upon a Time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pron on VHS posted:

Running around after an inflated ball is serious mans business, only thing that compares is being troops

*signs $100m contract*

Yaws posted:

JJ Watt has been in the league for four years. In the 2012 season he became the first ever player to have a PFF score over 100. After setting the record in 2012, he broke it in 2013, then broke that one again this year

He can be a stick in the mud all he wants

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

We fired him an then immediately won the superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Yaws posted:

I'm pretty sure that the only way to be as good as Watt is, is to ignore everything that isn't football and be the most boring, whitebread guy off the field.

Also, he's from Wisconsin.

• Locked thread