Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

How the hell did I miss this? :vince:

vvvv Haha, holy poo poo, yeah. That's the WCW I know.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Charles Martel posted:

How the hell did I miss this? :vince:

The problem was that Glacier and Mortis debuts not long after the NWO was formed, so you had these Mortal Kombat looking fuckers running around the midcard while the main event was all about getting "real" and breaking kayfabe. Glacier's gimmick also cost the company a poo poo ton of money, production costs for Glacier's entrance amounted to nearly half a million dollars and his costume itself was about $35,000. They spend so much loving money on a midcarder with a Mortal Kombat gimmick that went nowhere. It's pretty much WCW in a nutshell.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 7, 2015

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm suprised you guys didn't mention Metal Gear Rising or Sonic as the perfect examples of buttrock.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Hahaha, Metallica's St. Anger is the first legitimate CD Pat ever bought and it made him hate music. Now it all makes sense.

I hated it when it first came out but it's grown on me in the past couple years. :shobon:

Edit: Weird Al's Bad Hair Day was one of the first CDs I bought too. I was in 8th grade.

Edit #2: I knew Liam knew about BabyMetal.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 7, 2015

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Oh man, my first CD was St. Anger as well. "Whoa, sick album cover, and Metallica's a good band, right?" :eng99:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

The problem was that Glacier and Mortis debuts not long after the NWO was formed, so you had these Mortal Kombat looking fuckers running around the midcard while the main event was all about getting "real" and breaking kayfabe. Glacier's gimmick also cost the company a poo poo ton of money, production costs for Glacier's entrance amounted to nearly half a million dollars and his costume itself was about $35,000. They spend so much loving money on a midcarder with a Mortal Kombat gimmick that went nowhere. It's pretty much WCW in a nutshell.

Yea basically only WCW could think, at a time when the main storyline is 'let's break the walls down guys, let's make poo poo real' it was ALSO a good idea to just dump buckets of money into stealing Mortal Kombat poo poo for the lower tier douchebags.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why do modern wrestlers not have gimmicks? I don't get it, John Cena is just a guy who is nice and wholesome and was in a movie about a Marine once.

Serious question: Would it at all be worth trying to get into wrestling if i never liked it as a small child? From what I gather from osmosis (95% of which is from the Zaibatsu) it seems like a fun, stupid ride. But I could imagine it might only be truly enjoyable for people who used to believe it was really about zamboni-driving zombies and mentally retarded Amish people fighting each other for the custody of children.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Serious question: Would it at all be worth trying to get into wrestling

No. Next Question.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why do modern wrestlers not have gimmicks? I don't get it, John Cena is just a guy who is nice and wholesome and was in a movie about a Marine once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YslbdsXjJ0s

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 7, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why do modern wrestlers not have gimmicks?

They do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There is literally a wrestler who's power is to summon hologram ghosts.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

There is literally a wrestler who's power is to summon hologram ghosts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXDu76rfe8

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Oh, nevermind then. I must have seen Brock Lesnar and assumed he was the whackiest it got, with his gimmick of being ugly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His gimmick is he yells about piss and vomit.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Serious question: Would it at all be worth trying to get into wrestling if i never liked it as a small child? From what I gather from osmosis (95% of which is from the Zaibatsu) it seems like a fun, stupid ride. But I could imagine it might only be truly enjoyable for people who used to believe it was really about zamboni-driving zombies and mentally retarded Amish people fighting each other for the custody of children.

If it's the WWE, absolutely not. I enjoyed wrestling as a kid, but gave up on it completely around 2002-2003 when the "Attitude" era came to a close and Vince and Co. mopped up all of their competition. If you want to know what happens to a man as he keeps watching regardless of WWE programming getting progressively worse and worse, watch this.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Karate Master 2 really reminds me of both Karate Champ...

...and International Karate +...

...but with the crazy simulation poo poo on top. It's actually kind of interesting, and it looks a hell of a lot better than the developer's other... games?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Okay, gonna try and answer both quickly:

1 - They do, it's just that main-eventers haven't been much about gimmicks since the Attitude Era, they're usually reserved for jobbers, midcarders and tag-teams. Closest we got right now in the main-event scene is Bray Wyatt, a bayou cult leader.

2 - No. Long answer: it depends. I got into wrestling recently too, and lucked out because it was a mini WWE "revival" with a lot of cool wrestlers with compelling angles. However, the main WWE programming is garbage right now, and WWE as a whole tends to gently caress up anything good they got going. Following WWE is suffering, disappointment and embarassment 90% of the time. However, there are other options. NXT is the developmental fed for WWE but somehow it's a better product and less prone to shooting themselves in the foot. Lucha Underground is a weird mix between serialized TV show and wrestling show, with a lot of lucha influence. If you're not much for silly gimmicks and story archs, New Japan has been fantastic with some of the best pure wrestling around. If you are, watch CHIKARA - it's a living wrestling comic book. If you just wanna see people do insane stunts, PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla) does matches where dudes just try to top each other for 20min. But the main thing is you gotta be able to handle a lot of plot stupidity and buy that a backwards belly flop is a deadly move because it is shut up.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Geez I'm just walking in the streets yucking it up listening to these fools talking about eating poo poo on the ice and I loving slip myself. Shoulda done the level 2 penguin stomach slide

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
nWo Sting was basically quan chi

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
straight up buying this karate master 2 game this is exactly what I want

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad the guys are gonna go back for the actual ending because yeesh.
Although it is nice that the bad end is just the game literally going "HAHA gently caress YOU" as Joshua laughs like a maniac.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
drat you nerds get hot chicks

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Pat's never going to go to space. :smith:

e: Deers being assholes :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Japanese theme park for Water World is much sadder than I imagined

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Pat has really dreamy eyes.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Apparently Pat is so godlike he made Crimson Viper his literally real life waifu.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They need to do a commentary with their girlfriends/wives/bodypillows or something because it seems like all of them just got women who are the lady versions of them but less stupid, and that's basically everyone's relationship goal I think.

Also I need a video of Pat going to every aquarium and explaining what is and isn't fish.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ahaha Pat goes to Japan and still ends up bitching that everyone else is taller than him. He is the shortest, stoutest man. :allears:

edit: lol the Dio gag

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I have 3 things to say about that Pat video.

1) What do gingers have some sort of magnetic pull towards one another?

B) Pat schlubbingly standing in front of the Universal sign while music plays is loving hilarious.

& IV) I hope to one day grow up to be as cool as Japanese Dennis Hopper from Waterworld.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I love that Pat's Japan video is just Woolie's Japan video but with goofier editing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish it were possible to frame a video so I could hang up the part where Pat feeds bologna to a bunch of deer on the wall above my bed.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
That seal is the most :smug: thing ever.

Also, I loved the "Hi....this is bullshit. This little railway...THING??" part.

Cute girlfriend, too. They sound like they get along well. My girlfriend throwing her top off at me always makes me more motivated to do something as well.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat's ability to nearly always look and sound disdainful and unimpressed by everything is pretty hilarious.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think I died at the part where he showed off the PSP otome games.

"Look at how hot they are!!"

Yes they are Pat, yes they are. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
That Water World show is pretty much the exact same one they had at the American Universal Studios when I was younger. That and the Indiana Jones stage shows were amazing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Why is Japanese Waterworld hype I don't get it

Also, Pat, I'm 163cm I get how it is to be shorter than everyone I know the pain

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

They need to do a commentary with their girlfriends/wives/bodypillows or something because it seems like all of them just got women who are the lady versions of them but less stupid, and that's basically everyone's relationship goal I think.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. It's already crazy enough that all 4 Zaibatsu members are cool and funny people, throw in the 3 radical significant others we've seen so far and we've got the makings of a supergroup.

Also seconding the Japanese Waterworld hype; I was lucky enough to miss the movie and from now on I'll just pretend that the theme park version is the only one.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Super Girl Friend Cast.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

They all need to get together and do a 8p multiplayer game for the channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

1) What do gingers have some sort of magnetic pull towards one another?

Oppressed minorities have to stick together man.