Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my favorite thing about the new hangouts is that in the contacts list every single contact I have shows "I'm using Hangouts!" as their status. wtf google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

what % of g+ users have never changed their icon or logged into the service proper

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

the hangouts app is loving terrible. i'm glad that only one of my many many friends used it, and now he has an iphone finally so no more google hangouts ever.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

is gchat passe. im out of it

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
basically Google rebrands gmail chat like once a year and can never settle about how they want it to work or where they want to keep it.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

remember when it was google talk, and the google talk application was nice and small and worked reasonable well. lmao.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Google Inc. (GOOG)’s dominance of the U.S. Internet search market slipped last month in the biggest drop since 2009 while Yahoo! Inc. (YHOO) posted its largest share gain, as the companies grappled with the fallout of a search deal on Firefox browsers.

Google’s slice of the U.S. search market fell to 75.2 percent in December from 79.3 percent a year ago, while Yahoo jumped to 10.4 percent from 7.4 percent, according to analytics firm StatCounter. That put Google at its smallest share of the U.S. Web search market since at least 2008, when StatCounter first started tracking the numbers, and the highest share for Yahoo since 2009.

rest in piss

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

welcome back cremnob

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sudo Echo posted:

dear google: what the gently caress is this title bar jesus christ

Not pictured: all the messages that hangouts silently dropped on the floor

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

cremnob posted:

Google Inc. (GOOG)’s dominance of the U.S. Internet search market slipped last month in the biggest drop since 2009 while Yahoo! Inc. (YHOO) posted its largest share gain, as the companies grappled with the fallout of a search deal on Firefox browsers.

Google’s slice of the U.S. search market fell to 75.2 percent in December from 79.3 percent a year ago, while Yahoo jumped to 10.4 percent from 7.4 percent, according to analytics firm StatCounter. That put Google at its smallest share of the U.S. Web search market since at least 2008, when StatCounter first started tracking the numbers, and the highest share for Yahoo since 2009.

rest in piss

Marisa was right :colbert:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
also the hangouts app/extension whatever in chrome just decides to close the chat window every now and again and it doesn't remember its size or position, so every time i reopen it, it's this tiny 300x400 window in the bottom right corner of my monitor.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
how do you gently caress up being a search provider when people literally use google as a verb to mean search. it would be like bandaid going out of business.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

how do you gently caress up being a search provider when people literally use google as a verb to mean search. it would be like bandaid going out of business.

it's easy; you just keep making things a little bit worse gradually over time, and people will try to find something that is like you but not sucky. "kleenex" might be shorthand for facial tissue, but i bet they don't sell the most facial tissue

if i'm wrong, replace with xerox and photocopies or something

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

or champagne

or iPod

or Nintendo

man i remember going to a kids house and saying "nice nintendo" and he said "it's not a nintendo, it's a sega." but i was just like "... which is a type of nintendo" and could just not grasp the concept that it wasn't a nintendo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PleasureKevin posted:

or champagne

or iPod

or Nintendo

man i remember going to a kids house and saying "nice nintendo" and he said "it's not a nintendo, it's a sega." but i was just like "... which is a type of nintendo" and could just not grasp the concept that it wasn't a nintendo.

in the american south, they refer to all sodas as "coke"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

prefect posted:

in the american south, they refer to all sodas as "coke"

i'm from the south and everyone i know refers to soda as "soda"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
oh wait, you were trolling. dammit.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stringent posted:

i'm from the south and everyone i know refers to soda as "soda"

that's what i've been told :shrug:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

prefect posted:

that's what i've been told :shrug:

i grew up in texas and everyone called it coke

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
quick rule of thumb: if someone's claiming to know about the south and they're not talking about racism, obesity, illiteracy or food then they're probably full of poo poo

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Stringent posted:

quick rule of thumb: if someone's claiming to know about the south and they're not talking about racism, obesity, illiteracy or food then they're probably full of poo poo

this is true because there is nothing else in the south :haw:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

he's right about the coke thing, it's just not in the whole south

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
hey, google did a good thing

:3:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stringent posted:

i'm from the south

goondolences

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PleasureKevin posted:

he's right about the coke thing, it's just not in the whole south

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

that's st. louis and chicago with the patches of "soda", right?

boy, new mexico is a mess

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

chart's bullshit, i used to live in jackson county north carolina and no one called all sodas coke.

they did say you'uns instead of y'all though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stringent posted:

chart's bullshit, i used to live in jackson county north carolina and no one called all sodas coke.

they did say you'uns instead of y'all though.

i'm surprised seattle is a pop city. i would have thought they'd have civilization by now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

alaska looks like some middle eastern country wrt dominant islam flows

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

prefect posted:

that's st. louis and chicago with the patches of "soda", right?

boy, new mexico is a mess

you clearly have no idea where chicago is actually located, do you?

(I lived near STL and called it coke all my life; 'pop' is for insufferable maggots)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

you clearly have no idea where chicago is actually located, do you?

(I lived near STL and called it coke all my life; 'pop' is for insufferable maggots)

isn't it on the west side of lake michigan? :confused:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Maluco Marinero posted:

Man, loving fibreglass. Mate of mine got lung cancer from that poo poo, its no joke. Locking someone in fibreglass work with inadequate protection should be assault.

killed my uncle and it wasn't a fun way to go either

do not mess around with vocs or particulate matter, especially from some impervious artificial lung shredding stuff like fiberglass,

literally tell your employer to literally gently caress off and go find yourself a job that doesn't make you get brain damage and cough blood out of your mouth and anus

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

most of canada calls it pop cause we have these guys http://www.thepopshoppe.com/

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Come to canada it's all pop :canada:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

isn't it on the west side of lake michigan? :confused:
yes, but not in wisconsin

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

flakeloaf posted:

most of canada calls it pop cause we have these guys http://www.thepopshoppe.com/

Used to work next to their distributor they gave us damaged product all the time ftw

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kalstrams posted:

i wasn't trying to suggest that the whole yellow smear on the map was chicago, just that it's probably the primary source of the yellow

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

kalstrams posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

source of yellow seems to be milwaukee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect