Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gecs
Oct 23, 2010

Entropic posted:

I hope Vial of Dragonfire is real good because who the hell ever wants to tutor up Heart-Piercer Bow?

But if you tutor for it, you thin your deck and can't draw it! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

gang sines posted:

yeah if he's anything he's a dork for a constructed robots deck with an irrelevant second ability
You could use the second ability in limited! Never know when you'll be needing that extra 1 damage for 3 mana.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

2/1 for W grave hate who makes you die less. Pretty cool.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

2/1 for W grave hate who makes you die less. Pretty cool.

Is there any potential for that in modern/legacy as a sideboard card? Seems like a vial deck would just love to respond to reanimation/persist triggers by vialing in this dude.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I know BW Warriors is a limited archetype, but has anyone encountered it in Standard yet? Seems like there could be something there:

Mardu Woe-Reaper
Mardu Hateblade
Mardu Hordechief
Bloodsoaked Champion
Chief of the Edge
Chief of the Scale
Seeker of the Way
Paragon of Open Graves
Sightless Brawler
Zurgo Helmsmasher

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
A strictly better Elite Vanguard/Savannah Lions, eh?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I really like Woe-Reaper's ability and card art.

Hates on Delve while also being a good body for a 1 drop.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Not strictly better, soldier and cat tribal exists.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Don't forget Raider's Spoils. Seems like the gas to keep a good aggro deck humming.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gyshall posted:

Yeah, but that's nothing new, we've been getting those for a while now. Dryad Militant comes to mind.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I know BW Warriors is a limited archetype, but has anyone encountered it in Standard yet? Seems like there could be something there:
There are good red warriors and mardu charm makes warriors, and butcher is a thing while Zurgo kinda isn't.

Tormented Hero is a warrior, as well. You have 12 one drops and then you can probably splash in a couple red cards. edit: just noticed shadow spear is a warrior too, and dash allows you to chain eat graveyards to boot

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 8, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Mercury Crusader posted:

Here's a weird creature that finds very specific artifacts as well as generates mana for artifacts:

I got a playset of Chief Engineer hoping I could get something going with it before it rotated out. Hopefully there will be some useful artifacts to spend this 2 mana on.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 9, 2015

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

omg I love everything about this card.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 9, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The goblins in this block kick rear end.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 9, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ramos posted:

The goblins in this block kick rear end.
That is some super fast editing drat it!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

is that an Abzan shield he's using as a surfboard? I love that half the art for Goblins in this block just has them stealing poo poo. Cf. Jeering Instigator stealing Sidisi's Miter.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Flame Wave reprint confirmed.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I could see Abzan Warriors, honestly. You still get the Chief lords (and all the sweet white/black 1-drops), but you also get Sunblade Elf, Heir of the Wilds, Swordwise Centaur, and (more importantly) the insane utility of Abzan Charm.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
The goblins in this set are making me want to collect all of them and cram them in a cube.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

I could see Abzan Warriors, honestly. You still get the Chief lords (and all the sweet white/black 1-drops), but you also get Sunblade Elf, Heir of the Wilds, Swordwise Centaur, and (more importantly) the insane utility of Abzan Charm.

I don't think the mana in standard currently will allow you to go 1 drop into turn 2 swordwise centaur. Even just having heir and chief in the same deck is going to be an issue because most mana fixing currently ETBT.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There is nothing about this that isn't loving awesome.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I just realized nobody posted the new Tokens yesterday. As a :spergin: Token collector I must rectify this.

New Spirit for my Modern Tokens deck.

Black Warrior this time.

Truly fightening Monks.

And of course the Manifest overlay.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

That is some super fast editing drat it!

The upsides to dashing, yo.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

edit: woops misread.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007

Meh. Conditional 7 drops aren't the greatest thing, but it will be alright in limited.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 9, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That is a hilarious card.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tirinal posted:

Meh. Conditional 7 drops aren't the greatest thing, but it will be alright in limited.

This is the best stupid card I've ever seen, and I will run with it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

I don't think the mana in standard currently will allow you to go 1 drop into turn 2 swordwise centaur. Even just having heir and chief in the same deck is going to be an issue because most mana fixing currently ETBT.

Well. I was thinking less Swordwise Centaur and more the fact that you get Sunblade Elf which is a great mana sink finisher.
Windswept Heath, Caves of Koilos, Llanowar Wastes, Mana Confluence, and Sandstepped Citadel make the crux of a reasonable (albeit painful) manabase in my opinion. Only four tapped lands.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

tirinal posted:

I'm going to open this every draft and cry.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

tirinal posted:

I am the Melon Manifest Lord! Mwahahahaha!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlternateNu posted:

Well. I was thinking less Swordwise Centaur and more the fact that you get Sunblade Elf which is a great mana sink finisher.
Windswept Heath, Caves of Koilos, Llanowar Wastes, Mana Confluence, and Sandstepped Citadel make the crux of a reasonable (albeit painful) manabase in my opinion. Only four tapped lands.

Yeah if you've got at least 3 Caves, at least 3 Wastes, and at least 2 Confluence you can roll out well enough.

I guess a Whip could help with the life situation. I kinda like Rush of Battle myself. +2/+1 and Lifelink. Feed all your life into your lands and Raider's Spoils to draw cards then get it all back in a big swing.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah. Maurauder is straight up the best target for the card, even with the reduced utility of Intimidate now that the entire meta is made up of multicolored decks.

Seems good enough that it gets past Courser and Caryatid.

I really hope the mana works for Mardu Warriors, they seem to want B or W t1, BW
T2 and 2R T3.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 8, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Mono red lookin nice.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Is the RR Big Red Devotion needs!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 9, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cernunnos posted:

Yeah if you've got at least 3 Caves, at least 3 Wastes, and at least 2 Confluence you can roll out well enough.

I guess a Whip could help with the life situation. I kinda like Rush of Battle myself. +2/+1 and Lifelink. Feed all your life into your lands and Raider's Spoils to draw cards then get it all back in a big swing.

Sorin > Whip in a deck like that. He is also another threat.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Mono red lookin nice.

We'll know if it's actually good if Tom Ross decides to play it.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

tirinal posted:

This card is stupid as hell. It's going directly into my monoblack Commander deck.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlternateNu posted:

Sorin > Whip in a deck like that. He is also another threat.

Yeah a pair of Sorins will do a good amount of work too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

tirinal posted:

I was all excited the last Mythic could finally actually have Bolas on it. And then I saw the word "manifest" on it.

• Locked thread