Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mr E posted:

You can get a mod for New Vegas to sprint, I can't play without it + bullet time.

Oh, I'm sure, I just haven't gotten around to really looking at mods for it yet. I haven't been wanting to be play it because the awful Pipboy interface and chunky looking menus for everything drag it down, but I'm sure there's mods that fix a bunch of that. I'm too used to skyrim and want to just hit 'M' for a map or 'I' for inventory and not have click through a bunch of crappy low-rez pipboy stuff,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I keep thinking that I should ~roleplay~ an Orc but then I remember that outside of the one or two stronghold quests there really isn't much Orc business to take care of in Skyrim, any good mods for my Orsimer borthers struggling against the man?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Can some mods just stop working? I play with the two run for your lives mods for dragon and vampire attacks because it's the most retarded design idea to have the civies die to that or constantly get in your way while you try to save them.

But recently civis stopped fleeing as it seems. I went to riverwood yesterday and a dragon killed the smith, and some kids and other civies were running around too. Reloaded, fought the dragon at night, still had one civi die(that elven archer guy).

Maybe my load order needs to be changed?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Whenever I'm fighting enemies, they'll start glowing (it pulses on and off) and I have no idea why. They'll glow even if they're not being hit, purely just by being hostile. Whyyyy

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
post your load order you big dummy

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are you using SPERG? One of the Destruction perks (Frost Aura?) has some kind of debuff to all hostiles in a short radius. It lowers their frost resistance, and I think their speed.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

YggiDee posted:

Are you using SPERG? One of the Destruction perks (Frost Aura?) has some kind of debuff to all hostiles in a short radius. It lowers their frost resistance, and I think their speed.

Yeah. Ew.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If it's bugging you that much, don't forget that SPERG lets you reset your perks, so you can get something else instead.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
There's also an MCM option to disable it as well.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Holy poo poo, this is Art.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

HopperUK posted:

Holy poo poo, this is Art.

Now just need some women out there doin the wash with their hair up in curlers and toddlers runnin around in nothing but diapers, right?

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

flowinprose posted:

Now just need some women out there doin the wash with their hair up in curlers and toddlers runnin around in nothing but diapers, right?

Just be sure to make the diapers wearable by the player character, otherwise Nexus will throw a fit

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

flowinprose posted:

only if i can mod anime cat girl tits onto them HDT and BBB support~~~

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Your Unofficial Skyrim Path is way low, and that's just what I know off the bat. Have you tried installing/running LOOT or TSEV5edit? They make mod installs so incredibly easy.

The Real Foogla posted:

Looks like you're using MO, in the plugins tab on the right hit "Sort" for LOOT.

Xavier434 posted:

In addition to what others said, I recommend that you go through Helgen without any mods activated or an absolute minimal number of mods. Helgen is heavily scripted and has a tendency to mess things up even with mods that are stable otherwise. Once you leave the cave, you can turn all of your mods back on.

Thanks guys. The problem seems to be Mod Organizer itself. I disabled all the mods and the problem persisted. But if I go to the Skyrim Launcher and launch the game directly from there, it works fine, including ENB.

Xavoer434, you just gave me an idea. I'll step outside the cave using the direct launcher method, save the game, make a backup of the save, and then come back using the Mod Launcher. Hopefully it works. :)

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

Thanks guys. The problem seems to be Mod Organizer itself. I disabled all the mods and the problem persisted. But if I go to the Skyrim Launcher and launch the game directly from there, it works fine, including ENB.

Xavoer434, you just gave me an idea. I'll step outside the cave using the direct launcher method, save the game, make a backup of the save, and then come back using the Mod Launcher. Hopefully it works. :)

Additionally, you may want to do this with a new game instead of an old save just to cover all of the bases.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Check your MO settings, there might be something wrong with that. Just don't stop using MO (far too useful).

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Looks like the Oblivion thread died.

Any mods that make the Oblivion worlds less horribly boring? I usually just dash through them without stopping to murder daedra or looting pods. They are even worse than the Soul Cairn, only not as purple.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

axolotl farmer posted:

Any mods that make the Oblivion worlds less horribly boring? I usually just dash through them without stopping to murder daedra or looting pods. They are even worse than the Soul Cairn, only not as purple.

Skyrim? :cheeky:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah gently caress creating characters the vanilla way, that poo poo takes forever. Hell just the carriage ride at the start takes FOREVER, much less the scripted dragon escape.

Play through the start normally once, then use alternate-start for all your other new characters.

Never again.

Honestly what I want and have yet to find is an alternate start mod that just plops you up at High Hrothgar right after talking to the greybeards for the first time. or even after killing that western watchtower dragon.

Literally the thought of doing those 2 hours of gameplay again completely saps my desire to play.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly what I want and have yet to find is an alternate start mod that just plops you up at High Hrothgar right after talking to the greybeards for the first time. or even after killing that western watchtower dragon.

Literally the thought of doing those 2 hours of gameplay again completely saps my desire to play.

Make a save when you get there, then use console commands to edit your future characters' race and appearance. :thumbsup:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

axolotl farmer posted:

Looks like the Oblivion thread died.

idk but you only need to go through 3 total so just don't

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I don't know of any mods, but you may consider modding yourself a 100% Chamelon ring and just speed-running through them. That's what I did on my last playthrough (though not a ring, just enchanted equipment).

Oblivion Gates suck and that's why Bethesda replaced them with Obelisks for Shivering Isles and Dragons for Skyrim.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

Skyrim Unbound lets you skip Bleak Falls Barrow and the Western Watchtower fight.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a mod that can skip the 5 minutes of dialogue with the greybeards and just hands me whirlwind and unrelenting shout and sends me on my merry way until I find the horn they wanted.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm playing a heavy armor melee character for the first time and I want to give smithing a try. Are the crafting mods worth it? Or is the vanilla crafting sufficient/satisfactory?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

I'm playing a heavy armor melee character for the first time and I want to give smithing a try. Are the crafting mods worth it? Or is the vanilla crafting sufficient/satisfactory?

I recommend Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade. It makes it a bit more interesting, plus has options to give Smithing experience from Mining, and at the Tanning Rack and Smelter.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

I recommend Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade. It makes it a bit more interesting, plus has options to give Smithing experience from Mining, and at the Tanning Rack and Smelter.

I'll second this one.It includes a ton of little things like the ability to strip a vein of ore in three strikes instead of the agonizing nine in vanilla, the ability to get more ore from each vein if you don't want to hunt down every last vein you know of to craft a set, the ability to melt down equipment and gold into their base materials, and incorporates JaySuS' Sword, Bandoliers, and Jewelcraft into the crafting menus and leveled lists if you download their meshes and textures(don't use their esps).

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

OK cool. And the information in the OP seems inaccurate. The DLCs aren't required for it (which is good because I only have Dawnguard).

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Anyone have any idea why the SkyRe Reproccer and the like wouldn't work in MO but works perfectly fine outside of it?

E:
Ok, apparently the newest MO version did something wrong, reverting back to 1.2.15 fixed it.

Bholder fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 9, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Fought Ancano on my other character (even though all his magic skills except Enchanting are in single digits so he really has no business even being in the College of Winterhold :v:). This time I applied some strategy--dual wielding the Staff of Magnus in the left hand and an Eastern Daedric Sword (the Morrowind one from Lore Weapons Expansion) in the right, stacking fire resist potions and using a paralysis poison. Stupid elf didn't even know what hit him.

I think I broke the game in half hiring Eorlund to craft weapons for me. I melted down the ebony shield from Labyrinthian (this character uses light armor so it's useless to him) for ingots and now I have a Flawless grade daedric sword that with its enchantment does 92 damage per strike. And I have an armor rating over 300. At level 24. :getin:

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 9, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I can't believe nobody has done this before.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
So what is causing this and how do I fix it?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Markarth is.

(Im guessing something is overwriting a texture file somewhere, are you using any overhauls?)

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Segmentation Fault posted:

So what is causing this and how do I fix it?

Are you using something like Designs of the Nords?
The file for the Markarth city banner is missing from the mod and that is a Bethesda texture placeholder. You can download a Markarth banner from here and add it to Designs of the Nords by putting it in the texture/clutter folder.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Is there a way to use mods that require TES5Edit with those that require SKSE? The Mod Organizer has you pick only one when starting the game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

... What in the goddamn are you talking about? What the hell does SKSE have to do with TES5Edit?!

Anyhow, IT LIVES!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

... What in the goddamn are you talking about? What the hell does SKSE have to do with TES5Edit?!

That's what I'm wondering too. This mod though says that it requires both SKSE and TES5Edit, and the downloads section includes some pascal scripts. I guess I don't quite understand the big picture, considering I started modding yesterday. I have a programming background but this stuff isn't my specialty, sorry (especially since most instructions assume pre-existing knowledge/familiarity with the tools used).

edit: added mod link

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, what that means is: That you need to start the game with the SKSE loader, but before you can use the mod you have to load up your mods to run a TES5Edit script on them. TES5Edit scripts are Pascal.

Honestly, that mod looks like a loving ton of work for such a small payoff. Might I suggest using Wet&Cold instead? It has a "Detect Shelter" function, although it might not be as responsive as the one in Real Shelter. It requires approximately 100% less work though.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Okay, what that means is: That you need to start the game with the SKSE loader, but before you can use the mod you have to load up your mods to run a TES5Edit script on them. TES5Edit scripts are Pascal.

Honestly, that mod looks like a loving ton of work for such a small payoff. Might I suggest using Wet&Cold instead? It has a "Detect Shelter" function, although it might not be as responsive as the one in Real Shelter. It requires approximately 100% less work though.

Yeah, the only reason I installed it is because Frostfall recommends it. But I'll give that other one a try if I can't get this one to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't have the brand-newest version of Real Shelter but the last update I got for it required extra stuff during install and it really wasn't that bad if you just went step by step with the directions. The hardest part was actually finding the directions in all that mess though.

• Locked thread